• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

DKo5 said:
So, if one were wanting to stick a 360 or PS3 into an arcade cabinet to try and resemble an actual SFIV machine - which sticks are preferred, and which platform?

Sanwa Stick(JLF)/Buttons(OBSF-30)

360 version is better according to B3D

PS3 version will be played at EVO

you decide

KingJ2002 said:
The wait for this game in unbearable... i cant even bring myself to play any other xbox games because of my anticipation for SFIV.

that's what I said a few days ago. All I can do is play it in the arcade but it's still a pain because it's a 30 min trip.

Takuan said:

The arcade version has no AA either. I never notice it unless I'm watching someone else play and only in the backgrounds. It looks kind of old fashioned in a good way. They probably would have made the 360 on AA-less if MS didn't require them to have AA.

Guled

301imue.jpg

the facial expressions have to be one of the best things about the game

I've pre-ordered TE stick and LE of the game. TE stick will be my first stick purchase ever. And based on reviews of TE stick, I think, I'll be really happy.

Is OP still work in progress?

By the way, if anybody is interested in this issue: Hardcore Gamer Magazine Direct Link - 32 MB PDF

Explains of all advance mechanism and move lists for each characters.

Sample from pdf:

ma9dw7.png

akachan ningen said:
that's what I said a few days ago. All I can do is play it in the arcade but it's still a pain because it's a 30 min trip.

The arcade version has no AA either. I never notice it unless I'm watching someone else play and only in the backgrounds. It looks kind of old fashioned in a good way. They probably would have made the 360 on AA-less if MS didn't require them to have AA.

No offense, but that's like the worst spin I have ever heard. :lol

Anyway, I preordered both versions of the game. 360 for online with my buddies and PS3 for the Blu-ray and wireless freedom. :D

CurseoftheGods said:

Anyway, I preordered both versions of the game. 360 for online with my buddies and PS3 for the Blu-ray and wireless freedom. :D

As one of the guys who preferred the Genny ports of SFII because the music was closer to the Arcade originals than the more technically impressive SNES arrange versions, I can actually empathize.

DON'T HATE

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Been playin alot of 3s lately to hold me over till this game hits. I wish I had my sfIV TE stick right now tho. :(

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Pimpbaa said:
I haven't been this hyped about a console release of a fighting game since Street Fighter II.

What's bad is the two games I have been most hyped for in terms of fighters are coming out within 2 weeks of each other.

Takuan

CurseoftheGods said:

:lol Well, it's truer to the arcade version, in a sense.

I'm getting both. Contemplating a stick for the 360 version, as I have PS3 covered. A shame it won't work for both consoles. That would've been sweeeeet.

Massive speculation incoming:

Some thing I noticed watching the ruliweb videos about Rose, apparently she can do crouching fierce xx soul reflect, which puts them in what looks like a juggle state, which I'm assuming could possibly be followed up with a soul throw for good damage. Of course, they didn't actually do the soul throw at the end, but it definitely looked possible. This would be very similar to her alpha Soul Throw corner combo, but she doesn't have her soul throw super anymore. I hope it works.

BlueLegs

Bought a Xbox 360 for this, will most likely be the only game i'll buy for it (Except for it's championship editions). Am waiting for the game to come out to get my free month of Xbox live gold.

Still looking for an easy place i can get he TE sticks into Australia and into my hands. I hope lizardlick gets more in soon.

punkypine

i always liked fighting games, but i never was able to play at a "high" level. sure i could kill my friends and brothers easily, but when i read the stuff you guys talked about, i have no idea what half the stuff even means.

hopefully, that'll change with this game

punkypine said:
i always liked fighting games, but i never was able to play at a "high" level. sure i could kill my friends and brothers easily, but when i read the stuff you guys talked about, i have no idea what half the stuff even means.

You don't need to know what any of that stuff means. You learn by doing, you get good by playing people who are better than you and adapting.

CPS2

ashism said:
What is "crumple"?

Basically they just get stunned, fall on their knees for a second, then fall to the ground. It gives you enough time to do an ultra or special move.

btw excellent work on the thread Haunts and Raging Spaniard!

tapedeck

akachan ningen said:
It's more like a short news story than a doc. It's like the sort of filler they put in the news when nothing's going on.
Yeah, not really a doc I guess. Still thought it was fun to watch tho, got me all nostalgic and shit. :lol

I CANT EFFIN WAIT!

TE Stick preordered (Thanks work connections.. got in real late but I got one in !)

I took the day off from work and won't be going into the office that day.

:D

punkypine said:

same here, i was used to dominating my friends in SF2 and SF3, then once i hopped online with SF2HD i realized i was gonna need a lot more practice with a record of 20 W 46L. A humbling experience indeed

EraldoCoil said:
same here, i was used to dominating my friends in SF2 and SF3, then once i hopped online with SF2HD i realized i was gonna need a lot more practice with a record of 20 W 46L. A humbling experience indeed

That game's pretty broken though. If you don't know the exploits and your opponent does, you're gonna have a tough time. SF4 is tough but fair.

ruliweb-st4_04_s.jpg

-PXG-

Shit, so many more people here are getting the 360 version. I have both consoles and already have the game and the Fightpad pre-ordered for the PS3. WHAT DO I DO GAF!?!?!?

akachan ningen said:
That game's pretty broken though. If you don't know the exploits and your opponent does, you're gonna have a tough time. SF4 is tough but fair.

ruliweb-st4_04_s.jpg
^^this picture + the back of CE box picture posted in the hype thread are two reasons that made me cancel my pre-order for the CE version

i'm going back to Normal version. I am not a fan of the art of the anime and not a fan of the over exposure of Sakura and Dan all over the place

i find the art style of the SF2 Animated Movie to look nicer. This here is too Naruto for my tastes.
Vega_animated_movie_face.png
<=== I like this better

tapedeck

-PXG- said:
Shit, so many more people here are getting the 360 version. I have both consoles and already have the game and the Fightpad pre-ordered for the PS3. WHAT DO I DO GAF!?!?!?
Play me. :D I only own a ps3 so I have no choice.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Im getting both versions because i have friends that are getting 360 and some the PS3 version. Though im getting a stick for the 360 only, and i'll just use dualshock to play on PS3 since im poor right now:lol

-PXG- said:

Keep it. We need more ps3 players. Tournament players are going to be on PS3 as well. It seems kind of arbitrary, but they seem to be gravitating towards that one. They're playing it on PS3 at evo.

-PXG-

akachan ningen said:
Keep it. We need more ps3 players. Tournament players are going to be on PS3 as well. It seems kind of arbitrary, but they seem to be gravitating towards that one. They're playing it on PS3 at evo.

Okay. Just worried that I will get it for the "dead" platform you know.

akachan ningen said:

yeah, i'm not too familiar with any of the exploits, though i have seen videos of them, i'm already studying up on a lot of the sf4 strategies though so hopefully i won't get my ass kicked too bad :D

tapedeck said:
Play me. :D I only own a ps3 so I have no choice.

i was tempted to get both but ima stick with the PS3 version , got my psn tag in the SF4 Online matches thread, feel free to add me!!

-PXG- said:
Okay. Just worried that I will get it for the "dead" platform you know.
many people who were already pre-equipped with mundo PS2 sticks and pads w adapters are getting the PS3 version

I own both consoles and most of MY friends are getting the PS3 version

Top Bottom