• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

xt04

Neo Member
My gaming lust is overflowing. It feels like its so so far away.

I think im going to put in for a "personal day" on release day. Gamestop is right around the corner, so I estimate I will only have to spend 7 minutes total in the outside world that day.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
_dementia said:
yes, 5 characters

Most likely the "Grappler" pack. Haggar Zangief is on the back cover of the LE and it'll be the only pack out at the time of launch.
So, will this pack be one of the sets available for download? I'd rather save the $20 and buy the standard edition if this is the case.

pretty sure when it will get translated to English, they will be called something like big muscle or whatever...... but El Fuerte isn't big haha

dacuk

gutter_trash said:
pretty sure when it will get translated to English, they will be called something like big muscle or whatever...... but El Fuerte isn't big haha

Do not think so.
I was actually expecting him to talk in real Spanish, though...

hwateber

Shig said:
Rose's standard is ugly, too.

ROS_UC_0098_BMP_jpgcopy-495.jpg
Rose's alt just should have been
e0e1693f2d7f107a57ff9d324550a3d9c6439a74.jpg

Snaku

Banned
jonah777 said:
Not sure I understand why Capcom is willing to jeopardize their CE sales like this. I'm going to wait until we get official info regarding the NA release, but most likely I will cancel it and get the all-in-one pack later. They could/should have left out the figurines and gave CE owners all the costumes, IMO.

Wait, you're only buying the CE for the voucher?:lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
_dementia said:
No

Cammy had a bomber jacket (but no pants, lol)
Chun-Li has this evening gown
Dammit, I thought those were included in the game. Hopefully, this isn't the only DLC being offered...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Osaka said:
Cmon guys, I'm sure there's other things to discuss than the price of the DLC or stupid tier lists!

You're starting to kill my hype. :(
Tier list are never stupid. :D

GrayFoxPL

_dementia said:
No

Cammy had a bomber jacket (but no pants, lol)
Chun-Li has this evening gown

By the way I think there was big confusion about number of alternative costumes. I'm sure there's only 1 alternative costume per character. At first people were throwing number "5", but I think that just came from amount of free costumes in CE or costume pack.

haunts said:
What do you guys think about the Focus Attack?
I am afraid that QCF motion characters will be using it way more easily than charge characters

I haven't played it yet, but I am traditional a Honda, Bison, Balrog and Balrog player and everytime I see Ryu and Sagat FA dash cancel their DPs into a follow with ease...
I ask myself how do the charge characters do this with the charge?

gutter_trash said:
I am afraid that QCF motion characters will be using it way more easily than charge characters

I haven't played it yet, but I am traditional a Honda, Bison, Balrog and Balrog player and everytime I see Ryu and Sagat FA dash cancel their DPs into a follow with ease...

I saw a vid on youtube showing someone doing it with blanka, there's some sort of trick that it'll hold your charge even after you dash or something.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
i miss my UO

In some instances I get my wires crossed when playing Ryu and try to do UO. :lol

I kind of miss it too. It was a great addition to pressure crouching opponents.

gutter_trash said:

Usually after a crumple state charge characters can just hop forward, do a combo and jsut charge while they are doing the combo. As far as I know there are special charge properties when using the focus that allow you to dash out and even do an ultra or charge move on its own.

Ronabo

robut said:
I like the unblockable property of the charged version. It's going to slaughter noobs as a wake-up attack:lol

Oh shit I never thought of that LOL.

Who has the most useful Focus attack?

jon bones said:
i neeed this gameeeeee... but i do not need alts. will be selling my code when i get it (for 320 mspoints). if anyone is planning on buying a code, just hit me up and we'll trade.

i am hyped the comments markman overheard regarding online play. why is that not what everyone is talking about!? SO HYPE.

also, just got in my ls-32-01 and battop last night. tension felt good, but obviously i need to wield it in a stick to get a real feel for it. standard fightstick users may want to hit me up for my JLF, as i am swapping that out ASAP...
heh, can i just buy the plastic shaft cover?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
haunts said:

Can say more when I play with it, but I think it looks like a good system. It starts out pretty basic, then expands into a good group of options. It can definitely create some comebacks or domination in a match. It's look is dramatic as well. I like the possibilities with cancelling, dashes and the different levels of the attack itself.

Unless you meant something else of course...

Edit: And yeah, the only problem is that it looks like it favors non-charge characters.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ronabo said:
Oh shit I never thought of that LOL.

Who has the most useful Focus attack?

Bisons is good, Chun Li's is good.. Ryu and Kens are good, have good range.. Most characters have their own way of applying it so it's usefulness is dependent on the character really.

robut said:
I like the unblockable property of the charged version. It's going to slaughter noobs as a wake-up attack:lol

Its good for baiting people. People I play against bait me with it a lot. haha. You will start to charge when they are waking up then just back dash and watch the shoryukens fly.

jonah777

Snaku said:
Wait, you're only buying the CE for the voucher?:lol

No. The OST and guide were nice little extras, but what I valued most was the potential extra content included in the CE. If I do cancel my pre-order, it'll be to show my discontent with their overall offering.

Dizzy-4U

Since the replay feature was announced, I've been thinking....Is anyone planning in recording some GAF matches and upload them on youtube or something?

Maybe we can gather replay saves from each player, upload them, and discuss them in the forum. We can help each other to improve our game and it will be a lot easier to spot what went wrong and give advice.

It'll be great if we can organize something like that. I'm going on vacation on friday for a couple of weeks (nice timing, I know >_>) and I'm getting a capture card since I need it for some works I need to do. So, I'm willing to help if anyone is cool with the idea.

Nakazato

Dizzy-4U said:
Since the replay feature was announced, I've been thinking....Is anyone planning in recording some GAF matches and upload them on youtube or something?

Maybe we can gather replay saves from each player, upload them, and discuss them in the forum. We can help each other to improve our game and it will be a lot easier to spot what went wrong and give advice.

It'll be great if we can organize something like that. I'm going on vacation on friday for a couple of weeks (nice timing, I know >_>) and I'm getting a capture card since I need it for some works I need to do. So, I'm willing to help if anyone is cool with the idea.

Oh shit thats a great Idea.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
haunts said:

I cant wait to see what crazy shit people will be doing with the FA over the next few months, hopefully the depth of the game hasnt even been touched yet.

Ronabo

Anyone have experience using one of these tables with a Arcade Stick? I'm looking for some place to put my TE stick on when I sit on the couch. I don't think my lap will be comfortable.

PhatSaqs

Banned
from reading the description it doesnt sound like the replays can be stored locally. Kinda like NG 2s replay system where it's uploaded to a server and then only like the top 100 are viewable.

I hope not tho.

Akim

Banned
Akim said:
Also, quick question: How much can you actually put into a macro on a stick with 2 extra buttons? Can you macro a whole super/ultra? How exactly does it work?

My question got burried

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
h3ro said:
How are the character/color unlocks handled? Can't find this info anywhere...
Pretty sure its like 3s where you unlock them by beating the game. Its not confirmed anywhere yet tho.

Side note: the extra colors shown in the famitsu scans look amazing. Cammy default outfit in all white...drool.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Akim said:
My question got burried

for a reason. we (i?) don't take kindly to macros round these parts.

_dementia said:
heh, can i just buy the plastic shaft cover?

o_O i just realized the TE comes with a shaft cover. i may have to cut it to fit my LS-32...

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dizzy-4U said:
That wouldn't make any difference I think, you are still playing ranked matches right?

Well if im playing VS with some friends and we have a super duper hyphy match id like to save it, thats all.

Top Bottom