• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

LakeEarth

Yeah I'm thinking the easing of the input window has led to an increase in accidental SRK when trying to ultra. As has been mentioned before, it seems you have to be very careful on how you do the motion. Maybe making sure you're don't press the buttons before you complete the 2xqcf motion (pressing forward) is the way to go.

Also, I really hope the patch includes hardlocking the region of the people you want to play to a specific one. Living in Asia, my search finds way too many US/Euro folk.

MIMIC

Banned
Finished Cammy's Hard Trial #5. Don't know how...but it happened :lol

I told myself that I'd start studying for my exam after I completed it :-/

MIMIC

Banned
Reading at Xbox360Achievement.org about the titles and whatnot, and someone who has finished all of the character trials listed these three as the most difficult:

Hardest: Gen's Hard Trial #5
2nd Hardest: C. Viper's Hard Trial #5
3rd Hardest: El Fuerte's Hard Trial #5

I haven't even started these guys yet :(

For me, I'm 100% complete with Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, E. Honda, Blanka, Guile, Dhalsim, Cammy & Rose. Ken's #5 was the hardest for me because of the speed required.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Won said:
I'm playing around with Sakura at the moment and wtf...why is here ultra so weak? She also eats up her EX bar like it is chocolate or something. Stupid girl!

But overall enjoyable.

Also charge characters seem so crazy strong. Everytime I choose random and get a charge character I seem to win, even without knowing the movelist or any combos. Crazy stuff.

Install the damn game!
Sakura has some pretty insane combos. She can also combo into her ultra after an EX-hurricane kick.

LakeEarth said:
Yeah I'm thinking the easing of the input window has led to an increase in accidental SRK when trying to ultra. As has been mentioned before, it seems you have to be very careful on how you do the motion. Maybe making sure you're don't press the buttons before you complete the 2xqcf motion (pressing forward) is the way to go.
You can press uf instead of f to make sure you don't get the srk. Or, better yet, go neutral before hitting the attack buttons.

Threi

notag
MIMIC said:
Reading at Xbox360Achievement.org about the titles and whatnot, and someone who has finished all of the character trials listed these three as the most difficult:

Hardest: Gen's Hard Trial #5
2nd Hardest: C. Viper's Hard Trial #5
3rd Hardest: El Fuerte's Hard Trial #5

I haven't even started these guys yet :(

For me, I'm 100% complete with Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, E. Honda, Blanka, Guile, Dhalsim, Cammy & Rose. Ken's #5 was the hardest for me because of the speed required.
out of curiosity who has the easiest hard #5 trials?

I thought they were all okay...until I got to Abel, Gen, El Fuerte and Crimson Viper. I still have to complete Abel and El Fuertes...

El Fuerte's number 4 was rough too...

GGs to Moxmaniac. You definitely kicked my butt. I need to figure out a way to level up...

MIMIC

Banned
Here's the page I was reading. Didn't say the easiest.

For me, I'd say Dhalsim's. I'm just looking at the YouTube videos to refresh my memory and I'd say his. I don't remember complaining about #5 :lol

LakeEarth

SapientWolf said:
You can press uf instead of f to make sure you don't get the srk. Or, better yet, go neutral before hitting the attack buttons.
Neutral might work, but are you sure about uf? Because that's how I do instant air teleports with Dhalsim, althogh that might just be him.

gutter_trash said:
nothing is worse than shortcut Bison Teleporting instead of a Bison Ultra

This. I just started messing with him...and it happens all the time...

Also, playing with certain characters is so difficult on a pad. Dictator, Boxer, Gen...all play easier with a stick.

BTW...FindMyFarms...Boxer is crazy...

MrMephistoX

Trying to get into gafchat and have sent random messages off but no one seems to reply. Could someone send me an invite ...you'll get to crush a mediocre Chun-Li :)

PSN= MrMephistoX

I keep telling myself to take a break from the game.. But I never will :(

n560865398_2792601_7853824.jpg

Curious to know.. least seen characters online?

For me its..

Rose, Dhalsim, Gen, El Fuerte, and Vega. The rest I seem to see pretty decently.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
LakeEarth said:
Neutral might work, but are you sure about uf? Because that's how I do instant air teleports with Dhalsim, althogh that might just be him.
Not sure about 'sim, but it works for all the shotos.

So I'm thinking of switching mains from Balrog. He's pretty solid, but I HATE that he doesn't have a crossup. It just bugs me to no end. What I do like about him is how easy it is to rushdown with him, as I like to play a really fast paced pressure game, and never giving my opponent room to breath.

Any suggestions? I've been looking at Rufus and Viper, and have been dabbling a lot lately with Ryu.

Xevren

FindMyFarms said:
So I'm thinking of switching mains from Balrog. He's pretty solid, but I HATE that he doesn't have a crossup. It just bugs me to no end. What I do like about him is how easy it is to rushdown with him, as I like to play a really fast paced pressure game, and never giving my opponent room to breath.

Any suggestions? I've been looking at Rufus and Viper, and have been dabbling a lot lately with Ryu.

You try Blanka? Really pressure heavy and he has a crossup.

Won

FindMyFarms said:

Sounds like you want to play Fuerte! Play Fuerte!

FindMyFarms said:

Baah, crossups are cheap ;)
Balrog is the only choice for me. I don't like to play any characters with projectiles, "press rapidly button"-attacks, teleports or KICKS. :D

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Argh, don't start playing Blanka Farms, that's just wrong. Too many Blankas already, rise above it man!

KevinCow

Banned
Garcian said:
Input the command as back, forward, back, up-forward & you'll never accidentally teleport again :)
Hmm. Would that work for Honda, too? Sometimes he'll do an Oichi instead. I should try this.

There's NO way I'm picking Blanka simply out of the Balrog/Blanka gaf psn rivalry lol. Fuerte's aite, but I hate that my main mix up in playing him would be off knockdowns/wakeups, and just constantly baiting people to try to punish.

FindMyFarms said:

Play Dan, he has a crossup and kicks and punches.

Dan eh? I don't know if I'm worthy of the Saikyo style just yet lol!

On a side note, I broke 4k bp with Ryu today. Never really bothered with rank since it's not my ps3, but I thought I'd just give it a go. And MAN yall weren't kidding about the rage quitters. There was a span where I had 5 rage quits in a row, and they were ALL Vegas lol!

Caj814

Just saw someone with this avatar on SRK :lol
4ik7d4.gif

Hopefully Capcom gives some of them work in the next SFIV installment this recession is rough!

Find, your Ryu is pretty good. And Rufus...seems to have a million and one ways to link into his ultra. He also has some nice pressure with those dive kicks. Give him a try.

And Crimson is sick. She seems like a long term investment, as it may take awhile to get beastly.

Yo, where is Haunts with them videos...

SapientWolf said:
Sakura has some pretty insane combos. She can also combo into her ultra after an EX-hurricane kick.

Video is crazy. I really want to pick up some other characters (I main Ryu and Ken). Interested in Sagat, Abel and Boxer, but hate the stock 360 pad, waiting until Madcatz get there act together.

BitchTits

SapientWolf said:
A Sakura player did that to me yesterday, he was pretty good, but not good enough to defeat my Gen or Balrog. But I was impressed at all the different stuff he was doing with her.

I do find it a little boring playing against someone who just sticks with one character though, 5 matches is about my limit then I hop out of their 'lobby' and find someone a little more versatile.

Those Sakura combos were sick. It's insane that she can link off of her short hurricane kick like that. The 14 and 16 hit combos were ridiculous. Too bad the damage scaling kicks in.

The damage scaling is so weird. It's on some Mario Kart ish. If you're winning...and beating your opponent by half of a life bar...their ultra does 50 percent. Now, with both of you at 40 percent...your ultra only does 20 to 30 percent.

^^^I don't mind playing someone who doesn't play with many characters, as long as they're solid with one character. I could play Slayn for awhile if he decides to just use Seth (though he did whoop me good with Blanka).

I played Mox yesterday...and I prefer he sticks to Rufus...as that is his best character and gives me the opportunity to get solid ideas about the matchup.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
KevinCow said:
Hmm. Would that work for Honda, too? Sometimes he'll do an Oichi instead. I should try this.

It works with everyone - in fact, it's the ONLY way I can consistently perform Balrog's EX Upper from a crouching position, even on an arcade stick - annoying as hell really, and it's all in the game, not my d-pad or stick...

Off topic but I need some opinions about this. I just got a Saturn pad and it was working good until the D-Pad fell off. I can shove it back in, but eventually it'll get loose again. Is it ok to super glue this thing in or should I try something else?

Rice-Eater said:
Off topic but I need some opinions about this. I just got a Saturn pad and it was working good until the D-Pad fell off. I can shove it back in, but eventually it'll get loose again. Is it ok to super glue this thing in or should I try something else?
well you have the pad, you should be able to tell by looking at the broken bits what will work.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Caj814 said:
Just saw someone with this avatar on SRK :lol
4ik7d4.gif

Hopefully Capcom gives some of them work in the next SFIV installment this recession is rough!

What's funny is the person with that has played all Ryu only Ryu for like the last 10 years.

h3ro

I'm struggling to get the EX Tiger Uppercut ->FADC-> Ultra combo working. I can get the cancel on the EX Uppercut, but just not getting the dash down properly. Any tips?

YakiSOBA

Question SF4 Gaffers:

Are there new Madcatz SE (yes, SE!) sticks in stock this month? And if so, are these new batches fixed from the problems they had when they came out at launch?

h3ro said:
I'm struggling to get the EX Tiger Uppercut ->FADC-> Ultra combo working. I can get the cancel on the EX Uppercut, but just not getting the dash down properly. Any tips?
Just keep practicing.. I can only get it like 20% of the time and never in a real game.. and then I do the stupid ultra too fast and only 2 hits come from the ultra.. though if I do it from the right side I can usually get the full ultra about 70% of the time..

I don't even get it :p

akachan ningen said:
well you have the pad, you should be able to tell by looking at the broken bits what will work.

Nothing is broken apparently, it connects through a circular tube. And when I'm using it for motions and stuff, it'll loosen little by little until it practically comes off. So I guess I was asking because I wondered if anybody else has done this and if it had a bad effect on the pad after they did it.

Top Bottom