• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Was playing on Live some more...got up to 2200BP (highest was 2400). The matchmaking still sucks. There was a point where I must have selected quick match and refreshed it about 20 times and all of the matches were busy...

I don't like playing arcade mode and being challenged. It kind of throws me off.

And the thing I hate about this game is when you're playing someone who isn't as good...and they just seem to get lucky breaks...or do random things...that normally wouldn't win the match...but do.

Also...I'm thinking of switching from Ryu...as there are WAY too many players using the demonic trinity. I don't understand why there aren't many Sagats...when he's the best character. Even Akuma...the recent tiers placed him in S tier...just enough with the Ryu and Ken...

Threi any tips on Bisons last Hard Trial.. I've been on it for a week.. Its impossible I cant get the link timing..

Also anyone have any tips on Gen's 4th Hard Trial....

It goes cr. LP... cr. LP.. then standing medium into super.. I can't get standing medium to even connect and if I go any faster I do his hands instead..

Its impossible..

TurtleSnatcher said:
Threi any tips on Bisons last Hard Trial.. I've been on it for a week.. Its impossible I cant get the link timing..

Also anyone have any tips on Gen's 4th Hard Trial....

It goes cr. LP... cr. LP.. then standing medium into super.. I can't get standing medium to even connect and if I go any faster I do his hands instead..

Its impossible..

Have you tried double tapping? It helps on a lot of the links w/ really strict timing.

FindMyFarms said:
Have you tried double tapping? It helps on a lot of the links w/ really strict timing.
So the combo is..

Jump MK
Cr. LK
Cr. LP
Cr. MK
HK Scissors

I can connect J. MK and Cr. LK.. I have issues on the rest.. so double tap the rest?

Oh and for Gen if I double tap I go into MP Hands which is not good.

PSGames

Hey guys this has been bugging me, I remember seeing on a gametrailers video a character doing a dragon punch like move but it turned into a Tornado. I'm guess it was an Ultra. Which character does this?? I've yet to see anyone do it and I've tried every characters Ultra myself and still haven't seen it.

TurtleSnatcher said:
So the combo is..

Jump MK
Cr. LK
Cr. LP
Cr. MK
HK Scissors

I can connect J. MK and Cr. LK.. I have issues on the rest.. so double tap the rest?

I haven't actually touched Gen's yet, so I can't comment on that.

The length between pressing j. mk, cr. lk, and cr. lp should all be about equal, then I'd double tap cr. mk and bust out hk scissors as fast as possible

MIMIC

Banned
PSGames said:
Hey guys this has been bugging me, I remember seeing on a gametrailers video a character doing a dragon punch like move but it turned into a Tornado. I'm guess it was an Ultra. Which character does this?? I've yet to see anyone do it and I've tried every characters Ultra myself and still haven't seen it.

Gen, maybe? I haven't ever played as him but I remember him having a move like that, IIRC.

Shinjitsu

Banned
PSGames said:

Ken's ultra could look like a Fire Tornado I guess?

Spiderjericho said:
Was perusing Haunt's site and saw this:

Holy ish...that's epic

Can't wait to hear about all of the news next week with Captivate and the announcement of the announcement...

Flying out to San Fran again for this.. (But then again its free :))

I haven't actually touched Gen's yet, so I can't comment on that.

The length between pressing j. mk, cr. lk, and cr. lp should all be about equal, then I'd double tap cr. mk and bust out hk scissors as fast as possible

Bleh Im having issues with Cr. LP connecting.. I will reattempt tomorrow with this advice.

PSGames

Gen, maybe? I haven't ever played as him but I remember him having a move like that, IIRC.
Really? I'm pretty sure Gen's Ultra is where he zips across the screen several times and then it shows the impact of his hits afterwards.

Shinjitsu said:
Ken's ultra could look like a Fire Tornado I guess?

No it looks literally like a blue tornado.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
PSGames said:
Really? I'm pretty sure Gen's Ultra is where he zips across the screen several times and then it shows the impact of his hits afterwards.

It's Gen. He has 2 ultras and 2 supers.

PSGames said:

Its Gen..

Gen has 2 Supers and 2 Ultras

1 Super and Ultra are his PPP form (Mantis Stance) thats the zip across your body and a million hits hit you..

1 Super and Ultra are his KKK form (Crane Stance) thats the grabs you out of the air and slams your head in the ground.. or the Ultra which grabs you out of the air.. puts you in a tornado and your body flies out of it.

Fady K

As I played through the game a bit, I realized something - that the soundtrack was TOO awesome. And then I found out why, Hideyki Fukasawa of Chaos Legion and Onimusha Dawn of Dreams fame? Hell yeah! Its about time he's composed something, and its awesome that he's been given such a high profile game.

I don't know if QisTopTier posts here, but he was in the GafChat. GG's man, that Seth is awesome. Dude might as well be walking around in Stunna Shades, cause damn if I wasn't dizzy once a round. The first really good Seth that I've played.

BTW, I hope my taunts didn't offend; I only taunt to add some fun to the match, never for insult. Makes it more like a cheesy anime :lol

decon

Rocky_Balboa said:
Is there any EU SF4-players here? The connection between EU and US isn't usually the most optimal.
Lots. Free feel to add me: decon89

I play Sagat, Abel and my brother plays online from time to time with Guile (only player matches of course!).

Now if only some HK/Singapore/JP gaffers were more active in this thread. I know some of the people that post here are from Japan, but I get 1 bar with RK and laggy shit 2 bars with Oichi so it really isn't playable.

I usually get flawless 3 bar connections with random JP players, figures that the two gaffers from Japan on my friendslist have bad connections with me. :/

jdub03

UC1 said:
Starting to become more convinced that this is bullshit. Found a number of links that need to be done well before the bar reaches the end.

I haven't tried it yet. I just saw this browsing the inter-webs. I'll try it later today and see if it helps with the more difficult link combos.

CPS2

jdub03 said:
I haven't tried it yet. I just saw this browsing the inter-webs. I'll try it later today and see if it helps with the more difficult link combos.

I actually thought it worked for ages, it might help to look at a bar instead of the characters and hit sparks, but it's definitely inconsistent.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Pop On Arrival said:
Now if only some HK/Singapore/JP gaffers were more active in this thread. I know some of the people that post here are from Japan, but I get 1 bar with RK and laggy shit 2 bars with Oichi so it really isn't playable.

I usually get flawless 3 bar connections with random JP players, figures that the two gaffers from Japan on my friendslist have bad connections with me. :/

Funny thing is I got a better connection with someone from Japan- in North Carolina.

Autofire user though- was kinda obvious.

CPS2

FindMyFarms said:
Sure it's not your tv?

Try Ryu's standing jab into standing strong at close range a few times, the link is done before the bar reaches the end. Then do Ryu's crouching strong into crouching strong, for this the bar is at the end of the health gauge.

edit: the flash of light seems to move at the same speed no matter whether you hit jab or strong.

arstal said:
Funny thing is I got a better connection with someone from Japan- in North Carolina.

Autofire user though- was kinda obvious.

how many bars do you usually get with JP players?

Also, what's up with people quitting player matches just as they're about to lose? I mean, really? I just played two sagats in a row that quit after they realized they were gonna get hit by my ultra. Weak. It's hard as shit to find good connections too, and it's not like the matches were one sided.

Dabanton

Pop On Arrival said:
how many bars do you usually get with JP players?

Also, what's up with people quitting player matches just as they're about to lose? I mean, really? I just played two sagats in a row that quit after they realized they were gonna get hit by my ultra. Weak. It's hard as shit to find good connections too, and it's not like the matches were one sided.

I'm surprised Capcom haven't put in a BP penalty for people doing that crap. Highly annoying.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Anyone wanna rock and roll?

I was wondering what kind of penalty could be instated. Can you even tell whose fault it is? Definitely can't tell if the plug was pulled.
Anything that effects both players would suck as you'd end up with people who DC just to fuck with other players. And then anyone who just has a shitty connection would lose, but that probably happens hardly as often.

Threi

notag
TurtleSnatcher said:
So the combo is..

Jump MK
Cr. LK
Cr. LP
Cr. MK
HK Scissors

First of all I got the combo down by pure luck I guess :lol

But what I have noticed is that you have to be a tiny bit quicker linking LP to MK than linking LK to LP. And of course keep in mind that you are canceling MK into scissors.

It is a pretty odd combo IMO

slayn

needs to show more effort.
UC1 said:
Starting to become more convinced that this is bullshit. Found a number of links that need to be done well before the bar reaches the end.
Yeah. I don't see how this would work. I haven't tried it but even if the bar does indicate hit stun this process still makes 0 sense because its not taking into account the startup time of the move you want to link with.

UC1 said:

It doesn't work, but for links I look to see where it is when I should be hitting. No matter what the hit stun of a move is, it travels at the same speed.

But still, a visual cue other than the characters (even though it's not consistent until you memorize where it has to be) has its uses.

some flowchart Ryu/Ken added me to their friendlist today and i sure couldnt turn down that offer. that guy must have been the most nervous player i've ever met. constantly jumping around and doing random special moves. anytime he scored a hit, you could clearly see in his expression how happy he got. of course he didnt have time to block that way, but that would have disturbed his flow anyway.....

anyway, i had a good laugh.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I just wanted to start off the lovely Easter day with some Street Fighter IV - my first 3 separate matches, all 3 of them quit after I got the win - it's like people don't have any dignity anymore - at least try a rematch for crying out loud...

Gonna stop for a while, and try again later this evening or something...

Grifter

Arde5643 said:
Damn, you're too good, Grifter - your Akuma and Dictator kick my ass to the netherworlds - I couldn't do anything to you. :lol

Weren't those games pretty close? I'm always confused by Fuerte and yours was really good.

Threi said:
griftersomethingsomething: TEACH ME HOW TO USE MANLY BISON

I stopped working on my Bison, not really my style but I'll help if you wanna play or have questions.

BitchTits

Skilotonn said:
I just wanted to start off the lovely Easter day with some Street Fighter IV - my first 3 separate matches, all 3 of them quit after I got the win - it's like people don't have any dignity anymore - at least try a rematch for crying out loud...
This irks me a little too. Sometimes I've sent them a msg saying 'no rematch?'. It's sometimes difficult to get a game, so when I do, I like to play a few matches, if I beat them badly during the first match, I'll usually pick a character I'm not so good with so I can get a bit of practice in and even the odds.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
BitchTits said:
This irks me a little too. Sometimes I've sent them a msg saying 'no rematch?'. It's sometimes difficult to get a game, so when I do, I like to play a few matches, if I beat them badly during the first match, I'll usually pick a character I'm not so good with so I can get a bit of practice in and even the odds.

Same - I'll switch off to another character I like but haven't mastered yet, like Fei Long, El Fuerte or Ryu (believe it or, I've hardly put any time into Ryu despite him being my main in every other Street Fighter, although I can do most of his combo setups into Ultra) and they might even get a win, and then I'll switch back to Honda, Blanka or Balrog...

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
is gafchat messing with anyone else's head?

5lpesp.jpg

Mox taking over!

edit: crap size, but there are 6 mox'es....

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Another tournament this weekend.. I tied for 5th with a_rival.. Whats it going to take to get 1st? -_-;

Crackfiend beat Ricky Ortiz for first and Young Legend got 3rd..

We have videos of the finals and stuff...Ill post n upload a little later today for people to check out.. Some super tense/close matches...

OMG...I finally completed Gen's last trial. Now, all I have left are El Fuerte and Abel.

How come no traffic in Gafchat...

And Haunts, is that why there wasn't a Keystone Light stream this weekend? I didn't know Ricky Ortiz was Norcal. Look forward to seeing the videos.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Keystone Light is canceled until we find another venue...

Threi said:
don't use sagat

just sayin :p

Yeah I know right.. He is a little harder to use at higher levels because he can get kind of predictable, he is a big target as well.. Slow moving.. Sometimes I want to use C. Viper but not until I get 1st at a tourney with Sagat.. lol.

Aren't other players using Sagat to win tournaments? Maybe, it might be an execution thing...not sure...are there any other Sagat players in your clique?

The Keystone news is pretty sad.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:
Aren't other players using Sagat to win tournaments? Maybe, it might be an execution thing...not sure...are there any other Sagat players in your clique?

The Keystone news is pretty sad.

See thats the misconception that Sagat is placing 1st at all these tournaments but it's not the case. Just go to tourney results thread on SRK and look around. I saw one EC tourney maybe a couple weeks back with Nestor placing 1st with Sagat but haven't seen much since then.

Top Bottom