• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rur0ni

Big-E said:
Akiyama easily has the first and the second and third can go either way. Goldberg is retarded.
Only goes to show you never know when these things go to a decision. Knockout or Sub, leave no question!

Akiyama did well. My guess is he was trying to fight a bit recklessly to hype up the fans. When he stayed technical, he did well. I'm definitely interested in seeing him fight again.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I don't know how you can score every round for Akiyama. I like the guy and would love to see what he could do with a little more cardio and intensity, but still. I didnt see if that cock-shot got a point deduction for Belcher, but assuming it did that's Round 1 for Akiyama. Round 2 I think has to be Belcher, and Rd 3 for Akiyama.

But I don't think Belcher got a point taken off. Rogan said someone scored every round for Akiyama...

oh well. I really wouldn't mind seeing Belcher/Akiyama II

Rur0ni

Well, I was watching it and I thought Sexy took the first and second. Third round was a even round, but Akiyama got the takedowns, and dodged quite a bit of those sneaky blows that would normally knock someone on their ass (spinning back fist, etc).

I agree with the judges.

Aki got the take downs multiple times and had some nice shots. Belcher could have easily won that if he were more aggressive. He was hurting him but started fucking around and got taken down multiple times. Him laying on the ground for almost the entire 2nd round hurt him. Thought he was making up for it in the third but fell on his ass again. If he gets taken down only 1 less time during that entire fight he would have won easily.

Big-E

I am the first to say robbery usually but that was no robbery. First one was clearly Akiyama. Second round you can argue for Belcher but he did all his stuff at the end of the round and with the third it was going well for Belcher but the takedown in the UFC is weighted so you can see why he can take the third as well.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
SolidSnakex said:
Bullshit? Akiyama won the first and third. All Belcher would really do is kick Akiyama's lead leg occasionally.

He won the 3rd by standing around and getting pounded?

Sherdog had it

Jordan Breen Scores the round 10-9 Akiyama (30-27 Akiyama).
TJ De Santis Scores the round 10-9 Belcher (29-28 Akiyama).
Mike Fridley Scores the round 10-9 Akiyama (29-28 Akiyama).

Still not a very impressive debut for Akiyama imo. And too much "respect" from him to the other fighter.

I thought it was a close fight.

Slayer-33 said:
He won the 3rd by standing around and getting pounded?

Getting pumped? He knocked Belcher down once and took him down in the round. And throughout it he was landing some pretty clean punches.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Stoney Mason said:
I thought it was a close fight.
Yeah. I really want to study up on Japanese training and see if their regimens are different. More focus on technical skill versus cardio, etc.

Anyways, I hope Hendo murders Bisping in this fight.

Big-E

Stoney Mason said:
Jesus christ do we really need subtitles for Bisping. It's FUCKING ENGLISH!

Most annoying thing with American TV is when they do this. His accent isn't even that strong.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
BigKaboom2 said:
Akiyama's left eye being completely closed in addition to him favoring his lead leg for a round and a half mean nothing?
His dick probably hurts too, man, but that doesn't mean much. You don't lose points for being nicked up.

If anything I'd think the judges COULD look at it and say "The guy had one leg and one eye and Belcher still couldn't convince us that he deserved the fight." It was a good fight and I'm perfectly happy having a controversial ending so both fighters can want to kick each others ass again. :)

Anyways... enough Sexyama. Time for HENDOAMA!!!

Big-E

BigKaboom2 said:
Akiyama's left eye being completely closed in addition to him favoring his lead leg for a round and a half = 30-27?

His eye closed from an eye poke and damage is not the biggest deal in scoring a fight.

EDIT: LOL Rogan is so retarded. Can't understand Bisping? Jesus fucking Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom