• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rur0ni

Stoney Mason said:
I got the opposite from him. That he really isn't too jazzed about moving up in weight class.

But then that could all be talk. Dana might be building that for next year so he doesn't want them to start hyping it yet.
It sounds like he just wants a challenge, and if he can't get it at 170, he'll take it to 185.

edit:
dem said:
What happened to Fitch/Thiago?????
What I was thinking lol.

Pimpwerx

BigKaboom2 said:
I dunno, he was just hanging out in closed half guard for 80% of the fight not landing much of anything. As usual just trying to rack up as many takedowns as possible without really getting the other guy in trouble. Anderson Silva and Fedor have been much more dominant IMO.

Wtf Fitch-Thiago going on last. So bizarre.
GSP works well on the ground. He racks up tons of takedowns, but he really isn't a muscle-blanket. He has vicious elbow, and when they're not covering that up, he works the ribs with knees and elbows. I think we've just seen him face a couple of tanks the last two fights. Let's not forget how he demolished AND stopped Hughes and Penn. PEACE.

dem

iddqd said:
this feels weird, there are so many fights left..
fitch,
jones,
the bonar fight..

jones and bonnar were on the prelims

fitch was actually supposed to be on the ppv

dem

maybe the ppv has been taking too long.. so they will do fitch/thiago after the main event.

It's happened before..

BamYouHaveAids said:
How? Alves ran through ever other fighter in the division. Nothing to exposed GSP is just that much better.

He beats people with stand up for the most part. Joe was even pointing that out during the match. He kept saying that this was easy for GSP because all he had to worry about was Avles' stand up game and he wasn't even managing to do much with GSP with that.

Blackface

Banned
Extra fights are sometimes shown after the main event. They try to cram as much as possible in a specific timeslot. If they have extra time, they show pre-lims. If they are running short, they will cut a fight and show it after the main event.

SolidSnakex said:
He beats people with stand up for the most part. Joe was even pointing that out during the match. He kept saying that this was easy for GSP because all he had to worry about was Avles' stand up game and he wasn't even managing to do much with GSP with that.
Except none of the other fighters in the division can take him down and if they can, they can't keep him there. It's like saying Fitch, Kos, Hughes, and every other fighter isn't a complete fighter because they aren't as well rounded as GSP.

Pimpwerx

If I was a fighter, I would only have to entrance songs. Ric Flair's, and RVD's from his ECW days. Both awesome way cooler than Kanye West. :? PEACE.

EDIT: Enter Sandman also rocks hard. Good choice for Brock. Now he better win.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Pimpwerx said:
If I was a fighter, I would only have to entrance songs. Ric Flair's, and RVD's from his ECW days. Both awesome way cooler than Kanye West. :? PEACE.

You mean Pantera? Hell, if I had my way, all fighters would enter to Slayer.

EDIT: Metallica!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom