• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

Stoney Mason said:
Total domination isn't boring when he is fighting a world class opponent. This isn't some scrub he's in there with. This is the only guy in his division who has a chance against him and a world class ranked fighter. And GSP is making him look awful.

Agreed. The best thing in sports is when someone is able to show that they are clearly superior against a very tough opponent. This is a masterful performance and is beautiful to watch that someone who has caused so much destruction within the division is being completely isolated and made foolish.

charsace

Big-E said:
Anderson would probably pose real problems due to the sheer size difference though I think GSP will have a good shot against him if they do eventually fight.
Anderson would knock him out no later than the second round imo.

Stoney Mason said:
Total domination isn't boring when he is fighting a world class opponent. This isn't some scrub he's in there with. This is the only guy in his division who has a chance against him and a world class ranked fighter. And GSP is making him look awful.

Just because Thiago is good doesn't make the fight any less boring. Thiago tries a few punches or a kick and GSP throws him to the ground and beats him up some until Thiago gets him back up. Boring. Nothing overly technical is going o to make it all that interesting. If it gets you all hot then cool but even the announcers have zero to talk about.

Big-E

sooperkool said:
Just because Thiago is good doesn't make the fight any less boring. Thiago tries a few punches or a kick and GSP throws him to the ground and beats him up some until Thiago gets him back up. Boring. Nothing overly technical is going o to make it all that interesting. If it gets you all hot then cool but even the announcers have zero to talk about.

A man who has completely destroyed pretty much all who he has faced is getting completely tooled and you are saying nothing technical is really going on?

sooperkool said:

I'll just leave it at we disagree. This is an amazing thing we are seeing. That nobody in MMA has anything for GSP. Nothing.

Big-E said:
A man who has completely destroyed pretty much all who he has faced is getting completely tooled and you are saying nothing technical is really going on?

Nope, nothing technical really is. GSP is so much better it isn't even funny, its like watching someone wrestle with some kids, doesn't make it interesting. Thiago is just strong enough to keep GSP from ending it early.

Stoney,

I'm cool that we disagree, I felt the same way when Hughes was on his tear. I really like to see some give and take, see a war that results in a victor. This is a GSP clinic and i don't find those really exciting.

Blackface

Banned
charsace said:
Anderson would knock him out no later than the second round imo.

depends on the strategy he uses. Anderson isn't as good against counter punchers, and if he can' hurt you, he has trouble grappling. Which is why he has had problems in his last couple fights finishing the person.

if GSP could get him down, the fight could go to GSP. And I have no doubt he can, as Anderson take down defense is not the best.

That being said Anderson is four inch's taller and walks around at 220. Sometimes a bit higher (according to an interview). Anderson should really be a LHW. If GSP makes one mistake like shitty Lutter did, or gets cocky and tries to strike like Dan did, it's wrap for him.

dem

Rur0ni said:
GSP is too strong. All this bigger stronger opponent (Alves) nonsense was bullshit.

Its not bs.. Alves is VERY strong..

gsp's takedowns are just.. ridiculous. So perfectly timed.

Blackface

Banned
Rur0ni said:
GSP is too strong. All this bigger stronger opponent (Alves) nonsense was bullshit.

it's technique. GSP is strong, but if you have the proper technique, you will always out grapple the stronger person who doesn't.

Rur0ni

dem said:
Its not bs.. Alves is VERY strong..

gsp's takedowns are just.. ridiculous. So perfectly timed.
I'm not saying he's not strong, he clearly is. But GSP isn't weak by comparison. He's very strong for his size. There isn't anyone out there (right now) who's going to beat him by strength.

Big-E

GSP is the pound for pound best after that fight. Fights with pulled groin and is still able to push a fight. I always thought that he was but now I think others will shut up about it.

Big-E said:
GSP is the pound for pound best after that fight. Fights with pulled groin and is still able to push a fight. I always thought that he was but now I think others will shut up about it.
I dunno, he was just hanging out in closed half guard for 80% of the fight not landing much of anything. As usual just trying to rack up as many takedowns as possible without really getting the other guy in trouble. Anderson Silva and Fedor have been much more dominant IMO.

Wtf Fitch-Thiago going on last. So bizarre.

Rur0ni said:
GSP sounds like he might move up.

I got the opposite from him. That he really isn't too jazzed about moving up in weight class.

But then that could all be talk. Dana might be building that for next year so he doesn't want them to start hyping it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom