• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 75: CHAMPION V. CHAMPION Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacobod

Banned
hendo definately took the 1st round

rounds 2 and 3 were very close, i can see them going either way, id say 2nd round hendo, 3rd round rampage

So close. Who knows who won that round either?

Jeez. I've got it 2-1 Rampage with 2 rounds I have no idea about.

I think Rampage won it but if Henderson got the nod, I wouldn't exactly be stunned.

dem said:
that fight was just.. pure grind..

Yeah I thought so too. It wasn't your typical "great fight" in the traditional sense but both guys gave it everything they had and are so talented. I don't feel cheated at all.

yacobod

Banned
wonder if this will set up shogun vs rampage for his next title defense

IF shogun can beat griffin, w/so many upsets in mma this year, i wouldnt be suprised if forrest somehow pulls out the upset, and fucks up dana whites plans

yacobod

Banned
rampage is 2-0 against chuck, i dont see the point in them fighting again so soon, it would be as pointless as shamrock ortiz III, or as pointless as tito chuck III would be

i dont think chuck will have a title shot for a few fights, if he gets past jardine in 2 weeks, i think chuck will face wanderlei next

dem

yacobod said:
i dont think chuck will have a title shot for a few fights, if he gets past jardine in 2 weeks, i think chuck will face wanderlei next

exactly
chuck has his plate full..

Hunter D

Slo said:
You know Dana's dying to give Chuck a title shot.
I don't think Chuck can beat Hendo, Gun, Page, or Wand. All of these guys throw just as hard as Chuck or harder, can take more damage, and are more skilled standing and on the ground.

What I want to see is Lyoto fight someone big. I think once he does start fighting better comp he will shake up the division.

Brak

That was a great fight and a great show in general. I want to see more of Hendo and Rampage cause they both looked great.

Hammill probably should have won, but I don't think it was a totally ridiculous decision.

Cro Cop wins the most unimpressive fighter award.

dem

I hope Hendo goes back down to 185lb

then put together Hendo vs the winner of Anderson Silva/Rich Franklin..

Great great night of fighting, I enjoyed it. As for someone who only watches UFC in recaps months later on Spike clip shows, or play by play on Sherdog, I love these free PPV's. I thought the one fight with taylor or whatever his name was, was pretty awesome. Henderson and Rampage was a great fight, but I'm always let down by non-dominant decisions. Rampage never really rocked him, but consistently controlled the ground game on top basically, and landed a little more punches, so he won - but it was kind of anti-climatic. I'm a proponent for rules changes that have a 10 minute overtime period in title fights - and #1 contender type fights go 5 rounds with no overtime. Maybe it wouldn't make a difference except to drag out two tired fighters for meaningless extra time, but it would be a lot more conclusive IMO.

Either way, great night, congrats to Rampage. He really seems like the new face of MMA.

Big-E

dem said:
I hope Hendo goes back down to 185lb

then put together Hendo vs the winner of Anderson Silva/Rich Franklin..

That would be great. Hendo vs Silva would be awesome to see.

MaX_PL

Banned
i dont get how rampage gives the best interviews. he always makes a joke out of someone thinking its funny yet he's completely humiliating whoever it is. Andre Agassi, big UFC fan, undoubtedly much bigger athlete than Rampage will ever be, and Rampage says "who be that?" then today he says some shit like "kamichiwashaka, oh i'm sorry i dont know how to prounce your name" while giving a shoutout to someone.

i mean the guys funny and all but sometimes he just sounds like a dick trying to be funny.

Big-E

yacobod said:
i'd like to see anderson vs. hendo

i'm assuming silva is going to rearrange franklin's face again

I don't see how Franklin is going to win. Silva has looked dominant since they fought and Franklin is still nursing the black eyes.

yacobod said:
i'd like to see anderson vs. hendo

i'm assuming silva is going to rearrange franklin's face again
franklinfd.gif

radiuhm

Hunter D said:
I don't think Chuck can beat Hendo, Gun, Page, or Wand. All of these guys throw just as hard as Chuck or harder, can take more damage, and are more skilled standing and on the ground.

Wow you sir are crazy. Wand vs Chuck oh man give that to Chuck, Cro Cop showed the blue print to beating Wand, a straight jab lol. Shogun > Chuck come on man I really don't see how that's gonna happen, Shogun was getting destroyed standing against Cyrille Diabate until he took it down, lets not kid. Hendo > Chuck no again, Hendo is like a Randy clone if Randy couldn't take Chuck down Hendo ain't doing it either, Chuck has some of the greatest take down defense in MMA. As for Rampage I have much respect for him, I can't wait to see the rematch, hopefully it won't result in the same outcome.

And as far as ground goes, Chuck used to wrestle and is a purple belt in bjj don't underestimate him, he says he only uses it to keep the fight standing. Way to discredit Chuck.
6h3y2cg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom