• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 75: CHAMPION V. CHAMPION Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

omfg at marcus davis!! He just gets better everytime. It's too bad he got into MMA so late.
Amazing the transformation he has had since TUF2. I remember he walked out of that episode ready to retire.

Big-E

SyNapSe said:
the next ultimate figher looks INSANE. I would love to see Serra submit Hughes too :lol

Looks great. I laughed my ass off at Hughes saying Serra has a short mans complex. Hughes must think that being an inch bigger than Serra makes him a giant.

EDIT: Holy shit at Cro Cop in wife beater.

SyNapSe

Big-E said:
Looks great. I laughed my ass off at Hughes saying Serra has a short mans complex. Hughes must think that being an inch bigger than Serra makes him a giant.

EDIT: Holy shit at Cro Cop in wife beater.

no crap, that was a bit awkward for ring entrance.

I thought CC rolled for an armbar, or triangle at the end but guess not. CC's still a BJJ blue (?) belt right?

wow.
Cro cop needs a pretty good last round. He definitely lost that last one. He "may" have won the first so at best this fight is even.

SyNapSe

I'd think he won the first based on aggression, and the takedown/mount. It definately appears to be evened up. We'll see if Cheik can get CC running again this round

SyNapSe

Ripclawe said:
Cro Cop looks uncomfortable in the cage and backing up all the time.

I called it earlier, that's how Cro Cop ALWAYS looks when someone pushes him. I still picked him to win for some stupid reason :\ He just looks for the left straight, and left kick.. and he hates having someone chase him.

Big-E

Stoney Mason said:
Cro cop has lost again. unbelievable.

This is unbelievable. Last year, if you told me that in Cro Cops first UFC fights against relative unknowns he would lose handedly I would have thought you were the stupidest person on the planet.

dem

Its funny.. when he fought Eddie Sanchez he was complaining that Sanchez was running away.

MaX_PL

Banned
as someone who never watched pride, i laugh at all those crocop supporters claiming he's so good.

he's shown nothing in his first two fights. i'd be surprised if his next fight is against someone good.

edit: actually his first fight was vs. some scrub. that was before gonzaga.

dem

MaX_PL said:
as someone who never watched pride, i laugh at all those crocop supporters claiming he's so good.

he's shown nothing in his first two fights. i'd be surprised if his next fight is against someone good.

edit: actually his first fight was vs. some scrub. that was before gonzaga.

The ring is different than the cage..

If you've never watched Pride.. then shut the fuck up.

He doesn't seem to know what to do when the match is up against the cage and he's not an especially amazing striker it seems like outside of those kicks.

It could be just bad matchups for him but the luster is definitely gone from the diamond.

SyNapSe

dem said:
The ring is different than the cage..

If you've never watched Pride.. then shut the fuck up.

Really the octagon seems like a lot better place for a guy with CC's style. The ring is smaller and especially in the HW division easier to get cornered off in by a guy like Hunt. There is a lot more room in the octagon to circle. That's how Lidell fights a lot

I guess CC did like to bounce off the ropes when he was in trouble, and he can't do that now

Big-E

Stoney Mason said:
He doesn't seem to know what to do when the match is up against the cage and he's not an especially amazing striker it seems like outside of those kicks.

It could be just bad matchups for him but the luster is definitely gone from the diamond.

Its amazing how hard of fall he has taken. Going from that crazy knockout of Silva to that garbage performance against a scrub and being handedly defeated by 2 unknowns. Its unbelievable.

EDIT: :lol At Hamill's intro.

Just how much ball kicking does the UFC allow? I thought Kongo had the match anyway, and without the foul(s) it would have been a very good fight, but he sure gave the UFC a black eye tonight.

Hunter D

Stoney Mason said:

This was supposed to be a good match up for CC. Instead he got his ass handed to him. I would love to see what Kongo would do in K1. Kongo really hurt him.

Captain Glanton said:
Just how much ball kicking does the UFC allow? I thought Kongo had the match anyway, and without the foul(s) it would have been a very good fight, but he sure gave Cro cop blue balls tonight.

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom