• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Welcoming of the Visitors Thread - V on ABC, every Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
DECK'ARD said:
Yeah, Hobbes and Anna are the best 2 things about it.

I'm hoping the writers aren't stupid enough to make him really be selling out the resistance though ...
this, seriously.

Hobbes is out for himself and I am sure whatever he is doing is for his own good.

I like the guy, my favorite character so far on V, and losing him from the 5th column would really suck. The 5th needs a bad ass and Erica isn't cutting it in my opinion.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fourman said:
Hobbes is out for himself and I am sure whatever he is doing is for his own good.

I like the guy, my favorite character so far on V, and losing him from the 5th column would really suck. The 5th needs a bad ass and Erica isn't cutting it in my opinion.
I like Erica's character, with the exception of the fact that she's constantly hamstrung with her Wesley Crusheresque kid far too much. It's a typical Hollywood plot device that I'd like to see deep-sixed where all teen characters in adult drama are automatically so stupid they couldn't listen to sense (i.e. at this point, if Erica actually told Tyler about it, he'd probably rat her out.).

There are quite a few elements of Idiot Plotting in V though; i.e. the fact that nobody really questions why the Vs look human nor the fact that none of the 5th Column guys thought to publicize the fact that the Vs are actually lizardmen as a way to galvanize support for their anti-V activities.

Fularu

Banned
B.K. said:
Next week is the season finale.

Is it going to be a 2 hours final? I thought the first season was a full 13 episodes one and so far, only 11 episodes have aired.

Also it says renewed, but I thought only the first season was 13 episodes long but that the next 3 ones were supposed to be 24 episodes (like regular seasons)

Rekwest

Fularu said:
Is it going to be a 2 hours final? I thought the first season was a full 13 episodes one and so far, only 11 episodes have aired.

Also it says renewed, but I thought only the first season was 13 episodes long but that the next 3 ones were supposed to be 24 episodes (like regular seasons)
This is the first season.

B.K.

I'm glad the show got renewed. I would have hated for it to end there.

I was hoping that they would reveal what Anna had planned for Tyler. Marcus revived Joshua. I wonder if he's going to turn against Anna too.

mosaic

go eat paint
Jesus... with that ending, I half expected to see a couple badass marines shouting "Let's attack aggressively!" And then they go after Red Falcon.

What was the whole cloud bit anyway? Mass ships entering the atmosphere? Terraforming to their atmosphere? Get everyone high on LSD?

teiresias

Sooooo, next season even the location shots will have to have horrid red CGI overlayed on them? I swear, every freaking scene on the ships looks like a cut-scene out of of horrid 90's FMV CD-ROM computer game.

It was so good to see at least a bit of the spirit of the 80s series in the show.

It's been almost completely devoid of it thus far.

teiresias said:
Sooooo, next season even the location shots will have to have horrid red CGI overlayed on them? I swear, every freaking scene on the ships looks like a cut-scene out of of horrid 90's FMV CD-ROM computer game.
The CGI is as horrid as ever, but if the show's writing and acting can maintain that level of quality, I'll forgive it.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Great episode, even though didn't move things along as far as I thought it would.

Thank God it got renewed.

markatisu

That was excellent, the pacing was almost perfect.

Hope they maintain the level from the last 3 eps into next season, maybe it can be like Spartacus and once they figure out what works they keep going.

Last 3 eps of the show totally redeem the often haphazard season

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
markatisu said:
That was excellent, the pacing was almost perfect.

Hope they maintain the level from the last 3 eps into next season, maybe it can be like Spartacus and once they figure out what works they keep going.

Last 3 eps of the show totally redeem the often haphazard season

Yeah, it's come together so well right at the end.

They redeemed Chad in this episode as well.

Interesting point someone brought up on another forum:

One thing we learned tonight, after Anna's meltdown, is that the Visitors' lack of emotions is culturally-imposed, and not biological.
We kinda knew this already, but Anna's breakdown confirms it.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Glad I've stuck with it, that was a pretty awesome episode. Unfortunately I have by doubts about the future of the show, I mean, they can't keep it like the last 3-4 episodes, given the clusterfuck it was when the show started.

Oh: and the godawful CGI. I wonder if they didn't show the baby because the budget was limited to just the tail part. :lol

The ending felt like they thought they were not going to get renewed...

"Let's turn the sky red"
"Why"
"Fucked if I know"
"Okay"
"Same shit CGI as the rest of the show?
"Sure"

I am guessing whatever that is about will be retconed 10 minutes into season 2, as there is no way there are filming every outside scene under a red light next season

DeathNote said:
Terraforming and making people think it's the second coming of Jesus and Armageddon?

They'll probably pick one of those, but my point is I don't think they are sure where they are going right now.

holy shit, that last ep was amazing!!!

(and that's saying a lot considering this week's 24 and LOST eps were amazing too)

Anna is cooooooooold blooded!

and they even addressed the one big gripe i had with the show.

even as a kid when i watched the original, i knew what V stood for, and it really upset me when they called the Visitors V's...

The episode was great, but this series is so full of bad CGI, writting, actors and charmless characters that I can't watch it seriously. There is so much potential here, sadly wasted.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
the CGI is fine. Its not as even the whole show is CGI anyway, only parts of it are bad, which the red clouds struck me as bad.

Awesome episode. Though im curious as to why they reanimated Joshua(glad they did as he was one of my favorite characters) and maybe it was just me but marcos seemed happy to have reanimated him.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So many whiners.

The finale was really great. I hope next season builds on it and doesn't slide backwards. I was pleased to see Joshua brought back, as he's my favorite character by far.

USD

I can't be the only one that was thinking "Bu-but Ryan, the V's are nothing but lies!"

Some serious shit went down.

Wow, so much happened last episode. Its great! Really kicked the show into overdrive.

Though im curious as to why they reanimated Joshua(glad they did as he was one of my favorite characters) and maybe it was just me but marcos seemed happy to have reanimated him.

I think Marcus is either another faction or part of Fifth Column. Marcus wouldn't have to know Hobbes was Fifth Column to recruit him (we never found out what he wanted Hobbes to do).

I really enjoyed the finale. I was borderline after the first 5-6 episodes, but the show really improved the last 3-4 episodes.

Joshua and Anna are probably my two favorite characters. Hobbs at first seemed like a poor man's Sawyer, but he's starting to grow on me too. It's also interesting to see what they do with Ryan.

The Priest and Juliet are somewhat bland to me. And of course I hate Wesley Crusher. He needs to get eaten.

I don't think the CGI is that bad (except for the awful red clouds and composite reptile mouths). The ship doesn't feel like a giant blue screen.

Anyway, I'm happy the show got renewed and that the ratings are picking up a bit. Btw, I don't think Marcus is a part of 5th element. He just needs to get additional information out of Joshua since Anna knows he didn't act alone.

I like how they're keeping the natural alien form a mystery, but I just hope it doesn't end up being really lame or cheesy once they do reveal it.

Busty

Banned
I'm glad this show is getting another season. I like this show because it's 'plucky'. And by plucky I mean it clearly has a modest budget and has had some serious creative problems behind the scenes from the start.

But despite this it's actually managed to evolve into a soild little show.

-- Let's see the resistance grow to more than just four people who don't even seem to be in the same room together much. Perhaps even become more International. Let's see London, Tokyo, even Afghanistan and how the V's and the resistance are operating .

-- Let's see Hobbes kick some alien arse. He's an interesting character who seems to spend most of his time in a basement with some PCs.

-- How does the V presence tie into UFO mythology? Is Area 51 even relevant? Where do the military and the CIA stand in all this?

I think this show has a real chance to ramp things up in it's second season and become a 'must see' show because it's certainly not there yet, but it's on it's way.

Teh Hamburglar said:
I think Marcus is either another faction or part of Fifth Column. Marcus wouldn't have to know Hobbes was Fifth Column to recruit him (we never found out what he wanted Hobbes to do).

That's what I was thinking. I can see Marcus forming a renegade faction to destroy the V Royalty and try to take control of the fleet for himself.

jrricky

Banned
OH GOD I JUST SAW THE SEASON FINALE!!! BLOWN AWAY BY FAR.......this actually topped season finale of Fringe for me. :O

When does next season start....?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46055

Jane Badler is back as Diana. Boo ya! I am officially excited about the show again.

press release said:
JANE BADLER JOINS CAST OF ABC’S “V” IN A RECURRING ROLE

Actress Jane Badler, best known for her role on the original “V” series, will join the cast of ABC’s “V” as a recurring guest star, playing Diana, mother to Anna (Morena Baccarin), who is now the leader of the Vs. Badler will make her debut in the Season 2 premiere of the series.

“V,” which received an Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series, stood as television’s No. 1 new drama during the 09-10 TV season in the key Adult 18-49 sales demographic, delivering substantial year-to-year improvement in both of its Tuesday time periods (8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.). “V” finished No. 1 in both time periods among key Men (M18-34/M18-49).

Season 2 will feature more character and lizard reveals, more details about the Vs’ mythology – in which Badler will play an important role — and more action and more plot twists. Viewers can expect a roller coaster ride week to week.

“V” stars Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans, Morris Chestnut as Ryan Nichols, Joel Gretsch as Father Jack, Charles Mesure as Kyle Hobbes, Logan Huffman as Tyler Evans, Laura Vandervoort as Lisa, with Morena Baccarin as Anna and Scott Wolf as Chad Decker.

“V” is produced by HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television. The executive producers are Scott Rosenbaum, Steve Pearlman and Jace Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom