• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official X06 Barcelona (360) Summary Thread

Dante

Halo 3, Nice! Outside of that and Banjo though the show seemed to have a lot of stuff we already seen or knew about.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm glad this time around we didn't have a bunch of clueless guys hyping up imaginary MS predictions similar to the pre-MS conference at TGS. They could have gotten away with it though this time around. Bombs were dropped by ALL OVER.

sony needs to take a clue on how to hold a conference. i was at the edge of my seat the whole time and i read the press release before it even started. thats how you run a show, not babeling on about your childhood dreams

That video was only CGI, but it was so cool just to see something NEW in the Halo universe. Not only that, but it looked GREAT. Really nicely done. Cannot wait to see more on that.

mr_nothin

Banned
Razoric said:
You = Enough Trolling
Im sorry let me explain
Master Chief got owned because of the millions of guys that are MASTER CHIEFS int he HALO WARS trailer
i didnt mean to come off like a fanboy
After reading it, i did come off like that'

*i wrote it while watchin halo wars*
SORRY

Rookies1stDay said:
I wonder how an RTS is gonna control on the 360? Is it for PC too?

Go download the demo for the Lord of the Rings RTS game on the Marketplace and you'll see, that RTS games are doable on a console.

Oh yay, I miss AC and Bioshock, but I get the stream in time to see an old Lost Odyssey demo, an apparently baked Peter Jackson, and a CG trailer for a game actually called "Halo Wars".

All that early footage sounded so awesome and I missed it all.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Wait so it's over? damn I missed the intersting part because of the sucky stream.
And "Halo Wars" is such an unoriginal name..

Amir0x

Banned
Well, pretty good conference! Nothing super megaton-ish (thank god none of those people hyped shit like Tekuno said), but a satisfying look at things to come (except Banjo, f u Banjo where's my Blast Corps)

Speevy

Banned
Assassin's Creed not only looks as good as any screens we've seen of it as an "exclusive", but I'm almost convinced that's the version they showed.

mr_nothin said:
Im sorry let me explain
Master Chief got owned because of the millions of guys that are MASTER CHIEFS int he HALO WARS trailer

SORRY

Dude, you suck at GAF. And those guys aren't 'Master Chiefs'.

VALIS

That was a very fun conference.

- New exclusives announced
- New IPs announced
- Great game trailers with good music
- Game play demonstrations
- Playful digs at the competition
- References to GAF speak ("Barcelonaton")
- Bring out the celebrity at the end

That was more entertaining than the oscars.

Orodreth

mr_nothin said:
OK, the SUMMARY:

Microsoft = Better Conference
Sony = Better Content

Microsoft announced a bunch of new games. Only remember WKS for Sony.

The question is if we will see from those something more than only CG trailers.

Elios83

The conference was great, greatly timed and scheduled.This is how a gaming conference should be.
But there was no really important announcement.It's not like they're going to win next gen with Bioshock or Splinter Cell exclusive (timed or not).

mr_nothin

Banned
plagiarize said:
did you watch the conference?
Did you read what I said?
Microsoft = better conference.....
So YES, I watched it...

As far as content goes, there wasent anything that I wasent expecting (besides halo wars)
It all just seemed to be a rehase with a shiny coat.

Exclusive announcements or not....and AC which was the best game of the show was multiplatform.
So that's wat i mean

Dante

Problem for me with this conference was the best things they showed ( Assasins Creed ) is not exclusive to the 360, and a lot of the big stuff was CG trailers.

Seth C

mr_nothin said:
Im sorry let me explain

SORRY

The only ones that were "Master Chiefs" (you mean Spartans) were the ones at the very end, who introduced themselves as Spartan Team Omega. The rest were just normal humans in body armor.

Top Bottom