• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official X06 Barcelona (360) Summary Thread

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
kenta said:
I thought BioShock was confirmed for PS3 at one point wasn't it?

I think they just said something along the lines of "wait for an announcement closer to november," which could be this one.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Chiggs said:
Yeah, except for the contract they have with Microsoft.

Whatever episodes release for Xbox will remain on Xbox. But that doesn't prevent them from releasing entirely original episodes on PS3. Which means I might have to buy both versions.

hadareud

The Translator
Zenith said:
it's good IMO. I'm not going to be at the conference, am I? I'd prefer a full summary rather than tapping refresh on some blogger's site.

they are streaming it live on xbox.com

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
You mean 30 minutes? Because I'm pretty sure all embargos end on the dot once the press conference starts.
I heard the embargo were lifted at the end of the press conference.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ghost said:
Halo RTS by Ensemble sounds like a huge disaster waiting to happen to me, Im seeing Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds redux with grunt rushes.

I called $199 for the HD-DVD player too, sensible price, still dont want one though.

if you're into movies you should consider it. Bloody fantastic.

I have a Toshiba A1, and now I'm actually thinking of buying another Xbox 360 + HDDVD drive for my computer room. That way I can play upstairs or downstairs, and watch HDDVDs.

Although my saves would get messed up.

SuperPac

GitarooMan said:
Because it is, BK is the greatest 3D platformer ever, I've been waiting for sequel for 6 years and imagining a hi-def 3D platformer with the scope and environments of BK is really big news for me as a huge 3D platformer fan. I also think it will sell perfectly fine.

I dunno if I'd go so far as to call it the "greatest 3D platformer ever." It's very good but its reliance on collectathon gameplay really doesn't hold up anymore. It will be very interesting to see what Rare can do with it now, considering how far platforming game design has progressed since Banjo-Tooie came out. They can't just reheat B-K in the microwave--they have to bring their A-game.

adg1034

Press Release said:
• One of the innovative new features in Halo Wars will be the "home planet". From this base of operations, you can choose "space cards" from your "space deck" that give you certain "space gameplay bonuses".

/thread

duckroll

Brashnir said:
This will one day be the answer to a trivia question:

Q:What's the only thing worse than Videogames based on movies?

A:Videogames based on movies that are based on videogames.

One day? It happened years ago. I guess none of you remember Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game. :p

Sho Nuff

Banned
This is seriously awesome...MS is like "Lalala...we are having an event....SURPRISE HERE ARE NEW DEMOS FOR YOU TO PLAY, AND OH BY THE WAY DO YOU LIKE DOOM AND SENSIBLE SOCCER???"

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
The GTA4 thing sounds like PR spin.

There's nothing stopping the PS3 version from having different downloadable episodes. Perhaps even more.
I'd imagine PS3 version will have its own exclusive missions/content.

R* SEZ BUY BOTH VERSIONS PLEASE

Also, "lifetime" exclusive for Splinter Cell 5, or will it end up to be timed exclusive? I was never really into SC, so I'm not sure how its worked in the past. Unless the engine is coded to the metal of the X360, I can't see why Ubi wouldn't port it eventually*

*depending on the size of the money hat, of course. I just don't see, outside of the handful of truly lifetime exclusive 3rd party titles, how Sony or MS could give a big enough money hat to cement a lifetime exclusive deal on a previously multi-console franchise.

Brashnir said:
This will one day be the answer to a trivia question:

Q:What's the only thing worse than Videogames based on movies?

A:Videogames based on movies that are based on videogames.

everyone must have read the same street fighter joke I did

Duderz

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Both of them were new series, neither of which were reviewed as well as Banjo. Banjo actually has a nice sized fan following that have been looking forward to a sequel. I'm not saying its going to be the best selling platformer ever or anything, but unless its just bad I see no reason it won't sell well.

The same people who bought Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie were Nintendo fans, perhaps?

Doesn't matter, though - I'm glad we're getting it, I hope it looks better than Viva Pinata, and I hope it's more in vein of the first. :D

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
duckroll said:
One day? It happened years ago. I guess none of you remember Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game. :p

No, that game is the very first thing that popped into my twisted mind when I read the Peter Jackson Halo bullet point.

vStreet_Fighter__The_Movie.png

There's no way a Halo game will be that crappy, though.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
HALO RTS
BLUE DRAGON
LOST ODYSSEY
NEW HALO SPIN-OFF
NEW PETER JACKSON IP
ALAN WAKE
NEW BANJO
PGR 4
MARVEL MMORPG
SPLINTER CELL 5 EXCLUSIVE
DOOM XBLA
GTA EPISODES
BIOSHOCK EXCLUSIVE
ETC.

Wow :) Rolling Thunder, baby :D

suaveric

SolidSnakex said:
Both of them were new series, neither of which were reviewed as well as Banjo. Banjo actually has a nice sized fan following that have been looking forward to a sequel. I'm not saying its going to be the best selling platformer ever or anything, but unless its just bad I see no reason it won't sell well.

Banjo 2, released two years after the first game, only sold half as well as Banjo 1. And now another 5+ years have past. This will essentially be a relaunch of the franchise. This has 300k written all over it.

I really liked both games and assuming this one doesn't suck I'll buy it too. But as a 360 owner I'd much rather have Rare work on something that has a chance of becoming a hit.

Larry Bird said:
Rolling Thunder my ass

Oh come on! There are some great announcements in there! Sooo there's no RE5 exclusivity, so what? I don't see the securing of a timed exclusive as anything more than something to rub in SDF faces... it's not like it will bring you any more enjoyment. Peter FREAKING Jackson making a game with Bungie, on the other hand, is going to lead to verrry special things and is a true megaton announcement!

Chiggs

Gold Member
Goreomedy said:
Whatever episodes release for Xbox will remain on Xbox. But that doesn't prevent them from releasing entirely original episodes on PS3. Which means I might have to buy both versions.

Purely speculation, but:

X360 --> Actual episodes, vehicles, outfits, etc.

PS3 --> Vehicles, outfits.

Maybe the conference will shed some light on it. I doubt Microsoft got the short end of the stick on this one, though. This was their E3 coup.

snatches

Ok, so judging from responses on the first page, the following news is disappointing?

Halo RTS by Ensemble

Peter Jackson collaboration with Bungie on new Halo game and new IP

Bioshock is exclusive

Splinter Cell 5 is exclusive

An Exlusive Marvel MMO

How is this not megaton level announcements? Each of these on their own would be a 5-10 page thread.

mildewproduction said:
• Halo(r) Wars is an all-new real-time strategy game based on the
legendary Halo universe and designed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Ensemble Studios, creators of the Age of Empires(r) franchise.

Halo Wars might be the reason Microsoft forced Halogen (fan-made Halo RTS game) to stop development.

Zenith

Banned
• One of the innovative new features in Halo Wars will be the "home planet". From this base of operations, you can choose "space cards" from your "space deck" that give you certain "space gameplay bonuses".

buy new space cards on xbox live to defeat players who don't have as much money as you! micro-rape confirmed.

BuddyC

Sho Nuff said:
This is seriously awesome...MS is like "Lalala...we are having an event....SURPRISE HERE ARE NEW DEMOS FOR YOU TO PLAY, AND OH BY THE WAY DO YOU LIKE DOOM AND SENSIBLE SOCCER???"
Yea dude, the way they're handling Doom is solid. "Hey guys, isn't this cool? Yea, we know. Well, we're not going to be dicks about it, you can go play it now. Yes, seriously. You can buy it now. No, you don't have to suffer month after month of missed dates and delay."

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Sho Nuff said:

SWOS = 8 way control = use dpad = :'(

Bits i didnt notice at first from the PR:

Space gameplay in Halo rts?!

Marvel MMORPG is on 360 & PC?!

snatches said:
Ok, so judging from responses on the first page, the following news is disappointing?

Halo RTS by Ensemble

Bioshock is exclusive

An Exlusive Marvel MMO

How is this not megaton level announcements? Each of these on their own would be a 5-10 page thread.

Personally, I wish they'd switched with DC in terms of MMO exclusivity. I want my 52 THE GAME achievements!!!

snatches said:

Halo RTS by Ensemble

Bioshock is exclusive

An Exlusive Marvel MMO

MULTIPLAYER DOOM!!

TODAY!!!

Rody

BuddyC said:
Nice way to expand the game and provide additional content once everyone's gone through the main game. There's no sense in providing it on day one, otherwise you might as well just include it in the game. And ideally, those episodes won't be developed until the game's shipped off to certification.

I had a whole different idea of this episodic content. I thought we were going to see some things "Behind the scenes" until the release of the game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
drohne said:
i wonder what this peter jackson halo collaboration entails -- the "next chapter" wording makes it sound like he's involved with halo 3 rather than a spinoff. i guess we'll find out. i'll play halo wars if it's anything like the myth games, which are still the only realtime strategy i've been able to get into. and i'm definitely downloading doom.

This is what has me apprehensive. As far as I know, Ensemble's experience is in civilization building RTS games.

Considering it should by like Myth, shouldn't Bungie have made Halo wars? :lol

Speevy

Banned
Let's keep in mind that no one announced anything earth-shattering at TGS either, and you people managed to enjoy that show.

What I want to see is new 360 games, and apparently they've got some.

There are some pretty cool announcements there. A Halo RTS sounds like it could be interesting although I don't usually play them. The return of Banjo-kazooie is welcome and over-due.

REV 09

awesome all around, and to anyone calling disappointmenton

what the F*** were you expecting? All of this stuff is great.

sangreal

snatches said:

They are, the problem is two-fold:

1) Fanboyism
2) Announcements are less exciting when you read them all at once in a PR

A halo RTS? AWESOME!

We seriously need more RTS games on consoles!

Hopefully this opens the doors for a Mechassualt RTS or some other IP MS owmz.

Hopefully RTS games flood the consoles.......I'm such a huge console RTS fan.

Top Bottom