• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official X06 Barcelona (360) Summary Thread

McHuj

Ok, it's better then I thought. But I still want to see new media of Halo, fable, and some sort of teaser of GTA4 would be nice.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Speevy said:
Let's keep in mind that no one announced anything earth-shattering at TGS either, and you people managed to enjoy that show.

What I want to see is new 360 games, and apparently they've got some.

QFT.

I want footage. Now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Goreomedy said:
No, that game is the very first thing that popped into my twisted mind when I read the Peter Jackson Halo bullet point.

vStreet_Fighter__The_Movie.png

There's no way a Halo game will be that crappy, though.

I'm still holding out for Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game: The Movie.

Manp

clashfan said:
Those sites are getting hammered.

the Xbox site gives me a runtime error or a "Server is Unavailable" error...

thanks god the feeds posted by mitheor are working

Chiggs said:
Purely speculation, but:

X360 --> Actual episodes, vehicles, outfits, etc.

PS3 --> Vehicles, outfits.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

R* wants you to buy both versions. A big coup for X360, but you're kidding yourself if you think R* is going to leave PS3 out in the wind. Each game will have an quality amount of "Value-Added" exclusive content.

But thanks for shilling.

edit: btw - Houser was one of the very first devs to say how awesome the capacity of Blu-Ray is. Do you think they'll just put 7.5GB of data on there and be done with it? Again, :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Chiggs said:
Purely speculation, but:

X360 --> Actual episodes, vehicles, outfits, etc.

PS3 --> Vehicles, outfits.

Maybe the conference will shed some light on it. I doubt Microsoft got the short end of the stick on this one, though. This was their E3 coup.

Their E3 'coup' was saying 'woot we have GTA4 exclusive!' when actually they only ever had a 'its not out any later than the PS3 version this time'.

I'd expect similar content on both consoles, just released at different times, and perhaps the characters are wearing different shoes.

The Splinter Cell one sounds solidly exclusive though, which is odd from Ubisoft.

Its getting to the stage where you want them to clarify exactly what they mean by 'exclusive'. They'll be employing spin doctors next.

Overall that looks pretty healthy. No timings on PGR4 though. I'd have liked a mini update this Christmas, but I guess thats for Forza2?

Mrbob

Prine said:
Been hunting you for some time, jump on XBL tonight Dr ;)

And dont care about HALO RTS (ywan) :p

Don't make me pimp slap you!

Ensemble studios rox. Halo Wars will probably be better than Halo 3. ;)

I want to know just how involved Bungie will be in the making of this RTS game. Hopefully they give Ensemble alot of support and even help with the game design a bit. Marty should be all over the music scores!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Look forward to seeing Halo Wars and Banjo, though I was hoping the former would also be a Vista release at least. I really thought there'd be a price drop mixed in there, but oh well.

Sho Nuff

Banned
It's almost 2AM here in Tokyo and I'm seriously going to stay up until DOOM gets released on XBLA

Anyone who says X06 is disappointing can take deez nuts in their mouth.

Chiggs

Gold Member
mrklaw said:
Their E3 'coup' was saying 'woot we have GTA4 exclusive!' when actually they only ever had a 'its not out any later than the PS3 version this time'.

I'd expect similar content on both consoles, just released at different times, and perhaps the characters are wearing different shoes.

Could be, but they did stress exclusive downloadable content. We'll see how that plays out.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it occurs to me that "halo wars" is kind of a lame title. how about "tactical nuclear halo: sanity's requiem"

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
and the milking of the Halo franchise begins....

HEY MS, WHEN ARE WE GETTING OUR HALO KART AND HALO PARTY?

Sho Nuff said:
It's almost 2AM here in Tokyo and I'm seriously going to stay up until DOOM gets released on XBLA

Anyone who says X06 is disappointing can take deez nuts in their mouth.

Let's play Doom when it's up.

scarybore

Hopefully there is footage for the new Banjo and Halo Wars. Out of that press release that is what I am most excited about. The Peter Jackson Halo game really surprises me though.

Im on the low quality stream now, looks shit but better than nothing. I can get good quality videos later on.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Chiggs said:
Could be, but they did stress exclusive downloadable content. We'll see how that plays out.

yes, but 'nobody will ever get the same downloadable content we have' is different from 'nobody else will ever get any downloadble content'

Wow, some massive stuff from Microsoft. Rolling thunder indeed.

Some people are taking the GTA stuff kinda personally, I would imagine Microsoft have a nicely written legal contract to state that they will be the beneficiary of the most exclusive content.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
plagiarize said:
if TWO new Halo games (that aren't Halo 3) isn't a big announcement what is?

I'm not a diehard Halo fan myself, so I'd like to ask others here. 3 Halo games, does this worry you at all? Is this the Mariofication of the Halo Franchise?

duckroll

plagiarize said:
if TWO new Halo games (that aren't Halo 3) isn't a big announcement what is?

A brand new Halo trilogy for XBLA, exclusively available for download for FREE right now with 64 players in team co-op multiplayer over 100+ epic missions with multiple objectives and huge maps never before imagined in a FPS.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
gofreak said:
Look forward to seeing Halo Wars and Banjo, though I was hoping the former would also be a Vista release at least. I really thought there'd be a price drop mixed in there, but oh well.

The show hasn't even started yet. ;) Good things come to those who wait. I hope.

Cerrius said:
and the milking of the Halo franchise begins....

HEY MS, WHEN ARE WE GETTING OUR HALO KART AND HALO PARTY?

That makes no sense at all. An RTS fits into the universe and I would guess that Peter Jackson won't be producing a Halo Karaoke game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
drohne said:
it occurs to me that "halo wars" is kind of a lame title. how about "tactical nuclear halo: sanity's requiem"

I was thinking "Magnificent Guntank Halo: The Wars of Beginning!" would do the job nicely.

Top Bottom