• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 |OT| Gears of Yore

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off or "drop" the lantern? Thanks.

ironcreed

Banned
The only able to walk parts are getting annoying.

It's at these moments that it comes off as a tech demo. I just use these occasions to take the visuals in and examine items. As that is what it feels like they want you to do.

I don't mean that in a bad way, either. As the game is fucking gorgeous and I rather enjoy looking at it, lol.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, do you want me to upload the best 4 minutes of gameplay I got?

They're kind of awesome, and people who are on the fence might like them. Yes or no?

Ricky_R

Got mine. Hopefully I can play relaxed tonight. :)

NJYg5AQ.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Encounter design is strong, actually. Level design, not so much.

There's one place where I'd say there was a nice level design, which is the gameplay I want to post heh. Don't know if I should, so I'm asking.

Also, how have you liked it, Anti? I'm curious. (also going back to see if you said anything)

Ehhh... Couple of hours further and it just gets better.
The encounter with
the elder lycian
was pretty tense. Awesome.

I agree with someone earlier that they just should have adopted the coversystem TLoU has. And ofcourse a bit less cutscenes, but there is plenty of gameplay.

Beefy

It's at these moments that it comes off as a tech demo. I just use these occasions to take the visuals in and examine items. As that is what it feels like they want you to do.

I don't mean that in a bad way, either. As the game is fucking gorgeous and I rather enjoy looking at it, lol.

That's what I do as well, but it just feels weird to put it in the game.

Just before I stopped playing my companion glitched out big time. Isabeau kept running into me and kept running up against Sir Galahad's face . I couldn't see shit, the AI badly needs to be worked on in the next game.

ViciousDS

Banned
The actual gunplay from what I've played in about 3 hours is to little....I fucking love the gun design and gameplay in this. Its so smooth moving from cover to shoot stuff. The thermite gun....hhhnnngggg. This game really needed more action sequences

23qwerty

Just for curiosity's sake I looked up how long Ryse was and apparently its about 6 hours long? Not much longer than The Order.. How come there wasn't a huge debacle over that?

lemmykoopa

I'm a sucker dor gamea with insane production values. Also 2 of my favorite next gen games so far got very mediocre reviews (Killzone SF & mother fucking Driveclub).

Buying it next week.

antitrop

The actual gunplay from what I've played in about 3 hours is to little....I fucking love the gun design and gameplay in this. Its so smooth moving from cover to shoot stuff. The thermite gun....hhhnnngggg. This game really needed more action sequences

Thermite Rifle is definitely one of the coolest weapons in a third-person shooter, ever.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Game just kicked into high gear
Chapter 3
, and really like the lycans, I can understand the complaint about short intervals between gameplay and cutscenes early in the game they should have spaced them out more but the do serve the Story well other then that the game plays fantastic and the combat is great, definitely a strong point but my god.....The graphics in this game.
I hope they make a sequel and fix what people criticized and improve what they done here.

Frillen

Just for curiosity's sake I looked up how long Ryse was and apparently its about 6 hours long? Not much longer than The Order.. How come there wasn't a huge debacle over that?

You clearly weren't here when that game released, were you? Plus didn't that game have an arena mode at least?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Lol omg the eyes...I'm crying because she's just torturing you

Lol. That cracked me up as well. Then there's the picture where she's threatening my Galahad statue with a knife...

The divorce papers have been filed.

Also, my bedroom TV is a 40" 720p Samsung, and my living room TV is a 40" 1080p Samsung. I may have to move my PS4 into the living room to experience this one...

mittelos

About to walk in Best Buy to pick up this and Kirby. I've seen different comments about the sound options and audio output- is this gonna rock my brand spankin new 7.1 system? My PS4 is going thru my receiver via HDMI. I mean, I'm wanting my windows to rattle. And that cool whiz whiz whiz bullets flyin round your head.

ShutterMunster

I think the single most compelling thing about the visuals is how well materials are rendered. The lighting is superb and probably best in class (AC Unity and DC being the only games I can think of that are comparable), but this game nails the look and feel of materials so damn well. Whether it's steel, leather, felt, wool, aluminum it all takes and reflects light accurately. It all moves naturally and creases naturally. It's amazing.

Elitist1945

Just finished. Took me around 6 1/2 hours on Hard (with lots of deaths, and exploration).

With that said, the game was excellent on all fronts. Look forward to another, hopefully.

About to walk in Best Buy to pick up this and Kirby. I've seen different comments about the sound options and audio output- is this gonna rock my brand spankin new 7.1 system? My PS4 is going thru my receiver via HDMI. I mean, I'm wanting my windows to rattle. And that cool whiz whiz whiz bullets flyin round your head.

I've seen quite a few compliments on the sound production/mixing. I think you'll be in for a treat.

(Haven't heard it myself yet, though)

Top Bottom