• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Dust Thread

Alex

It was better! *insert wacky fictional event here* happened and you MISSED it!

Perhaps from now on you'll learn to accept when I extend a glorious invitation to you unworthy folks!

...I'm gonna get pummled with high level skills tonight, aren't I?

demi

I'm only on chapter 2 so if anyone wants to learn the ropes in random skills matches (Quick), feel free to fire me an IM or invite or come on IRC and buzz me.

I'll be here all night.

I'm up for it right now. I'll wait a bit, and play around in random games.

Tag: Sunburnman

PS: I suck, so if you wanna boost your rankings, I'm your man.

rastex

Banned
Damn you people having a grand ol' time while I'm wasting away at work. Just as I get happy with my arsenal as well.

demi

[12:15am] <IJoel> was there anyone from here that needed that xbox live trial?

6.8 wanted one. Hook that homie up!

Thanks for the help! :p

Quick is fun, but I prefer playing with my arsenal. That's right, I have one. I need more, but it's still infinitely more fun that playing with a random deck of unfamiliar skills. :(

demi

Yeah I feel bad for making you go through that, I'm gonna work on single player a lot tomorrow.

I tried contacting IJoel in IRC but he didnt respond so I figured I would post it in here, he'll read it.

Alex

Yeah, I'll need some anti-whine skills for my arsenal tommorow. Just shaddup and eat the Photon Blast, Dem.

Rorschach said:
Is there any way to message, join, or invite friends on your list? :|
You can join a friend if they are already in a game.
You can invite friends in a game if you're in the lobby of a game with empty slots.
You can't message them through the game. :(

BuddyC

Oops, turns out my friends list was full (thanks for the heads up Alex). I just cleared out some of my friends list, so if you've been trying to send a request, it should go through now.

Won't be able to play tonight, I've got to get some papers done. Looking forward to some Dust action Thursday and Friday though.

I'm having trouble with the very first boss (or second boss if you consider that first battle with Freia a boss), I can defeat the first phase, but then my attacks never do any damage to the second part of it. What's the trick to getting rid of the floating orb with the debris swirling around it?

rastex

Banned
I'm having trouble with the last boss.

To beat the first round against Edgar and co I use predominantly short range attacks, but those appear to be completely useless against the deranged freia thing. But even some long range attacks I had (ki lance) didn't do any damage against it either. I know there's some trick/puzzle to do but I want to make sure I have the right arsenal

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm stuck in a fight with the bum pH that hangs out in the bar all the time (I'm think I'm trying to get a Rose right now), and he is no help at all. Not only are the enemies pretty hard in this level but my partner is freakin useless. Ugh!!

edit: I got that fight done and am now rolling again. Glacial Wall I love you.

demi

rastex said:
I'm having trouble with the last boss.

To beat the first round against Edgar and co I use predominantly short range attacks, but those appear to be completely useless against the deranged freia thing. But even some long range attacks I had (ki lance) didn't do any damage against it either. I know there's some trick/puzzle to do but I want to make sure I have the right arsenal

Demented Freia (big motherfucker)
?

It has three parts. Bottom, middle, top. Basically, when it stops at a certain point, wait for it to open, then launch an attack at it. *DONT* just keep running, just wait until you can get an attack in, then continue running up the stairs. Short range will not be useful PERIOD in this final battle from this point on, just med/long range along with some healing or defense.

demi

distantmantra said:
I'm having trouble with the very first boss (or second boss if you consider that first battle with Freia a boss), I can defeat the first phase, but then my attacks never do any damage to the second part of it. What's the trick to getting rid of the floating orb with the debris swirling around it?

There are two parts to this boss, lock onto the other part. Attack this, then its shield will be destroyed.

Am I talking about the right guy? Big giant orb?

Alex

Last boss:

I had the exact same problem. Took in my typical short-focused arsenal and post-Edgar had a lot of difficulties.

I had to redo the three teir'd boss like 25 times simply so I could get a decent hand. I managed to take it out with simply; 2x Hyper Ki Lances, 1x Psycho Spear, 1x Debris Bullet and Tiger's Strength.

It's not much of a spoiler, but sorry if so Rast: there is also another boss past that big one, and shit, there might even be more than that, but that's where I died, hehe.

You're pretty much gonna want to bring a near-exclusively medium range deck and just deal with it for the Doppleganger/Edgar/Normal Freia stuff.

I'm intending to use the same arsenal, but with all the short range removed and more spears/lances/minds eyes in it's place.

demi

Alex said:
Last boss:

It's not much of a spoiler, but sorry if so Rast: there is also another boss past that big one, and shit, there might even be more than that, but that's where I died, hehe.

It goes like this:

Alpha(you) || Edgar / Freia || Demented Freia || Dragon Freia

rastex

Banned
demi said:
It goes like this:

Alpha(you) || Edgar / Freia || Demented Freia || Dragon Freia

I HATE how if you want to change decks you lose all your progress in these multistage fights. That's why I wanted to know beforehand what to expect so I can go in with a proper deck. Thanks to everyone. I think I'll just use a lot of powerful 1 hit skills.

Alex

Yay! I won! I don't really get the ending though, oh well.

It seems like a few really nice new skills have appeared in the shop. Also, do you get anything special for finishing all 107 missions? I've done like 103 so far I think.

IJoel

Alex said:
Yay! I won! I don't really get the ending though, oh well.

It seems like a few really nice new skills have appeared in the shop. Also, do you get anything special for finishing all 107 missions? I've done like 103 so far I think.

Actually there are 114 in total. :p

I don't think I got anything special when I finished them all.

demi

rastex said:
I HATE how if you want to change decks you lose all your progress in these multistage fights. That's why I wanted to know beforehand what to expect so I can go in with a proper deck. Thanks to everyone. I think I'll just use a lot of powerful 1 hit skills.

No, don't! Go for a Psychic (pyramid eye) and Nature, then throw Rock Toss and Psycho Sniper in there, along with some Healing Waters. That alone should help you out.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
heh, I am amazed this thread is actually alive and kicking. I've heard rumors of this strange Online forum, but I didn't expect them to actually be TRUE!

Alex finished the story mode, wow! Congrats man. If I see any of you guys online, i will try to jump on later.

demi

hi i'm vgcats and i'm not fucking funny so i'll do a comic on phantom dust which isnt even close to being fucking funny.

fuck off vgcats.

0504072jd.jpg

IJoel

I will be up for some PD during the weekend. I was planning on playing last night, but my connection was just too unreliable.

Alex

Mike Works said:
I saw Alex online tonight but he wouldn't accept my invites :mad:

LIES AND SLANDER!

Seriously, I usually just forget and idle my Xbox when I have work to finish up, I go out, or simply go to sleep. I tried constantly inviting you bums over the past few days, but outside of pity accepts from Mann and the like, I get no GA love. :(

Not to mention my old school XBL chums are always MIA. Brandon F and his goddamn PS2 RPG's I want and can't afford time wise, and Rodriguez is just too weaksauce to begin with.

Alex

Argh, no one will play. Cmon now, Baseball and Spikeout!? Not even the Sega fans will touch Spikeout, it's Phantom Dust time. :(

Ironclad

My new ISP doesn't seem to want to work with Xbox Live, so I am trying to fix it right now. Seemingly, all I need to do is buy a router from Fry's which is only about five minutes from my house, but I am way too damn lazy. I'll probably pick one up today and jump back onto PD.

BuddyC

Yea, I'll should be on tonight as well. Got all my homework done early for once.

Now to make sure I don't sleep through the matches...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Two nights in a row where it was just myself and RebuiltAndroid what's your GAF name man) playing. Where is everyone?

BuddyC

MAF, dead, ror and I were playing for a bit last night. I can't play much for the next two weeks, the close of the semester brings a lot of projects with it. After that, however..

BuddyC said:
I can't play much for the next two weeks, the close of the semester brings a lot of projects with it. After that, however..
..GAF will have moved onto another game.

Haha just kidding of course

Alex

Heading back on now, I think I had some router problems with Drinky n' them so gonna see if it works any better now.

Top Bottom