• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Dust Thread

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
finally beat resident evil 4, so i picked phantom dust up this evening. gamertag is sefskillz

Redbeard

Banned
Man, some of these rare skills you win online are pretty lame. I just got Tornado, which is the exact same skill as Twister, just a different name. :/

DON DAVIS KEEPS THE PEACE

Good games tonight with MAF, Dave Long, and Alex. MAF should be banned from using Fairy Ring, though. ARGH

Great matches, Dave Alex, and Doug. My new arsenal is fun, cept I lose a lot. There were a few situations where I was hurting myself just to beef up the judge. HERE CUMS THE JUDGE!

Sometimes it paid off, that 28 dmg hit was great, but people kept blocking it sometimes too. :(

BuddyC

12:00 AM - BuddyC: "Okay, I'll hop on Phantom Dust for a few. Gotta get off early so I can get some sleep."

12:15 AM - Mike Works: "I'll play for a little bit."

1:30 AM - BuddyC: "Well, I guess I won't be doing my homework tonight."

2:15 AM - Mike Works: "I have no attacks left but I'll dash around the level so you can't attack me."
demi: "Thank god for the time limit."

2:20 AM - Time limit reached.

2:45 AM - Mike Works: "I'm gonna head off for the night."
BuddyC: "Fuck, I have to be up in four hours."

This game is fucking addictive.

Dave Long

Banned
I kept saying I'd quit, but I think in the end I played for like six hours tonight. Brandon F, demi and Alex roped me into a few more after we got done. Aiyaaahhh! It's 3:15! I work in less than five hours!

hmmmm... personal day? I could play more! ;)

Awesome games again guys. The 28 damage hit pretty much ruled all. I thought the 20 dmg one was pretty damn awesome since it was a JUDGEMENT OF INSTANT DEATH, but well, overkill is just better. This game rox!

HINT: When you buy stuff online, keep going into the BUY SKILLS area and then into BUY JUNK. Alternate between the two and you'll get different skills to buy each time and new Junk with each purchase too. I've gotten a ton of skills this way including some 4 and 5 (there are five right?) star ones.

I finally won 30 matches tonight and got Disremember which is definitely on the LAME side of the coolness scale.

demi

Fun games, it really makes it better to talk online for some reason, otherwise I probably would have left after like 3 games...

5 more wins and I get a rare!

Alex

Haha, I hardly said a word with Dave, MAF and Drinky, I was exhausted. I rambled my head off with Brandon F, Demi and Rastex though, I guess I got a second wind after drinking all that coffee. Great game, played WAY too long though.

Everyone is so good though, cept for me, and maybe Brandon. :p Especially Dave, jesus, leveled me every time I spawned. And friggin' MAF hurling scenery at me.

I've gotta work on single though, feel guilty roping folks into quick matches to mask my shitty arseneal, haha. I was doing good at first though, got up to like 1060 in early matches...and at the end of the night? Like 535. :mad:

I still have no idea what the hell Fairy Ring does.

novery

BuddyC said:
novery has a knack for inviting me just as I finally get everyone from chat online :(

One of these days we'll meet up online.

I scored another rare skill today, by the way. But unfortunately it was a double - Excaliber. Anybody wanna trade for a different rare skill?

#321 Excaliber / Psycho / Attack / 4 / X / ∞ / short / STR randomly 0, 3, or 6

I'm looking for:
True Muramasa
Unison
Jackpot
Joke of Anubis
Twist Laser
Chill Breeze

Dave Long

Banned
I made it into work, but I keep expecting someone to pick up tables, chairs and the cube wall and throw it at me.

MAF, blocking Judgement of Anubis can be done best with Mind's Eye. That's how I did it more than once. That skill activates a block on any attack (if you don't manually block with something else) that connects as long as you have 2 aura to activate it. It's definitely saved me more than a few times. I keep two in that one arsenal.

novery, I'd keep that Excalibur. It's an awesome weapon. You can put two in an arsenal and increase your chances of getting it in combat! I have multiple entries for various skills in every arsenal. Remove as much of the random draw as you can!

IJoel

novery said:

I scored another rare skill today, by the way. But unfortunately it was a double - Excaliber. Anybody wanna trade for a different rare skill?

I'm looking for:
True Muramasa
Unison
Jackpot
Joke of Anubis
Twist Laser
Chill Breeze

I think I have Chill Breeze. I only have one though.

PhatSaqs

Banned
novery said:

I'm looking for:
True Muramasa
Unison
Jackpot
Joke of Anubis
Twist Laser
Chill Breeze
I have 2 True Ms. Up for a trade :p?

IJoel

Haha.... I shall make an environmental annoying arsenal tonight. I'll have to spend on a new case though. ARGH!

Tain

MAF, blocking Judgement of Anubis can be done best with Mind's Eye. That's how I did it more than once. That skill activates a block on any attack (if you don't manually block with something else) that connects as long as you have 2 aura to activate it. It's definitely saved me more than a few times. I keep two in that one arsenal.

Also note that with Mind's Eye, it's best to get hit while jumping, as it doesn't stop your character. I'd imagine the same would apply to cartwheels/rolls.

BuddyC

You know what's great? When huron doesn't have a mic and we all team up on him because his lag was so annoying.

I can't believe he was able to block so many of my attacks through all of that though. Seriously, I don't know why I didn't kick him after the first game. At least he was entertaining.

Azih

Finisher sucks. I think I'm recognizing it though. ALWAYS BLOCK FINISHER! It doesnt' do piercing damage does it?

demi

Chapter 7 get!

I unlocked a new map if you ever want to play guys! CITY OF MEMORIES

I've also used the same Arsenal offline and online. Hooray!

IJoel

What is this!?

I CALL SHENANIGANS ON THE MODS!

The outrage!

This belongs to the gaming forum. We're talking both offline and online strategies here! And this game deserves and could use the LOVE!

>:

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm hitting up the midnight show of Sin City, so I may not be able to get online tonight.

demi

DAVE LONG YOU MOTHAFUCKA YOU ARENT A LEET HAXOR!!!!1

AND WASNT THAT LAST GAME SO LEET I OWNED THAT MOTHERFUCKER THOUGHT HE WAS TOUGH SHIT FUCK OFF CHI LOSER I OWNED YOUR ASS

IJoel

Played more single player tonight and unlocked another map (City of Memories.)

I think I'm getting close to the end. I'm close to 100 missions already.

My skill stock is at 272 + 3 rare Xbox Live skills (275 total.)

demi

asdf2af.jpg

BUSTED

I tried to record some XBL action last night but I totally realized that my light was blue, so I quickly yanked the cord...looks like I was too late. :(

Count me out until I buy a new Xbox guys, which will be next week. Hey, can I transfer my save game to memory card? It says I can, but I want to make sure I can keep all that I've done...

demi

Do I keep my records on XBL (noooo my rare skill I'll never get back)? Is my gamertag even banned, or just my box? I'm gonna have to play this game all over again (and I just reached chapter 7 too :(), I'll just build the same arsenal I've been using.

I don't know who moved this thread, but if God of fucking War deserves a Gaming Forum sticky, Phantom Dust sure as hell does too.

You wanna fight me on this?

HUH?

TOUGH GUY?

Alex

It's back! Huzzah to Mike.

I'll be on tonight, yes me, the fearsome one who went from a solid 1070 rating down to sub 550 in one evening.

I really need to sink some more time into single, bah I suck.

Redbeard

Banned
For those that ordered it on the 8th or 9th and sent out for the rebate, have you gotten your coupon code yet? I'm still waiting. :/

Mike is an awesome mod!

im on tonight too, earlier than usual 8 pst or so I estimate. I LOVE PDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Mike Works said:
I don't know who moved this thread, but if God of fucking War deserves a Gaming Forum sticky, Phantom Dust sure as hell does too.

You wanna fight me on this?

HUH?

TOUGH GUY?
Sure, let's go. You know where to find me. 948 Homer St, between 8-5pm. :p

You guys are setting up online matches here, which is awesome - but as such, it should go into the online forum. Stickified for sure, but online. If the GOW thread was being used in a similar manner, it would receive the same treatment. I'm fairly sure it doesn't support online, though.

Carry on.

rastex

Banned
I'll try to get some games in tonight, but most likely it'll be late night again. I've got a few arsenals going now, each tailored for specific maps. You really can't use the same arsenal for all the maps because the topologies are totally different.

One of my arsenals is really nice though, environmental skills will mess you up!

I just pissed off three guys with my new arsenal. Its nothing but the most annoying skills I could find. None of them do damage, just slow them down, move their skills around, remove them, reverse their controls, hah

Top Bottom