• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Dust Thread

I'll be on around 8, and BITCHES GONNA GET SPANKED. All y'all gonna be Nintendogs and I'm gonna be Drinky Crow. Y'all gonna DANCE when I say DANCE.

(actually, I'll probably get to stare at another sub-600 rating by the end of the night.)

IJoel

Drinky Crow said:
I'll be on around 8, and BITCHES GONNA GET SPANKED. All y'all gonna be Nintendogs and I'm gonna be Drinky Crow. Y'all gonna DANCE when I say DANCE.

(actually, I'll probably get to stare at another sub-600 rating by the end of the night.)

:lol

I'll definitely be up for some punishment tonight.

Got another map we can use (with no pits of death.)

This thread also should be in the gaming forum. Since we started the hoopla, many people have bought the game and we've gotten a nice Xbox Live community of PD gaffers. Sure, it's Xbox Live, but had this been in the online forum, no one would've noticed.

Besides, PD >>>>> GoW!

HARRRRRR!

Dave Long

Banned
I agree the thread should have stayed in the main forum. A lot of my posts have been about strategy more than matchmaking.

Alex

Nice games, Rast, Brandon. I think I'm starting to get a hold on the game, well, not really but at least I have a semi-plausable deck now :D Probably a lil too much melee, though.

Does anyone have a breakdown of what the different schools specialize in?

Rast (who's Rast?), Brandon, and Alex, post your GamerTags (or one of you post all three) here so I can add some more PD dudes to my list.

Alex

Rastex. Same name on the boards and on XBL.

I posted mine a bit ago, Garliage, it's my third tag since back in the day, heh, sorry for the confusion.

Also, Brandon F is No Depth.

Alex

I'm getting a little better, but damn story mode takes an obscene ammount of time to play.

I've been off and on all weekend, I'll add some more folks to my friends list later. I may be back on about 10ish PST if anyone wants to play?

manngc

I finally started playing this game yesterday. And basically it's what everyone has said. I'm so far pretty amazed at the production values this game has already demonstrated. Very impressive graphics and animation. Also, the music is very atmospheric. I like it. It gives the whole game this other-worldly feeling. The gameplay so far has been pretty darn nice. I've mostly only played offline (just got to Chapter 3) and I've played 1 battle online with 3 other people. So far, definitely a well spent $20. :)

Someone needs to compile a list of gamertags for the first post of the thread!

Mann Gamertag: Manngc

Alex

Ijoel did, here, i'll repost it for man and mike and whoever else:

6.8 / SunburnMan
Alex/Garliage
Apharmd Battler / Apharmd Battler
Azih / Azih
Bebpo / BepboJP
Brandon F / No Depth
BuddyC / IcedPez
chespace / CheXBN
Dave Long / Dave Long
Dead / DeadCo
demi / demifish
Drinky Crow/Castellan GAF
Drohne / Drohne
Dsal / Dsal
Ferny84 / Ferny84
FrenchMovieTheme / FrenchMov
Gattsu25 / Wakune
IJoel / IJoel
Ironclad_Ninja / Ironclad Ninja
jedimike / jedimike
MightyHedgehog / MightyHedgehog
Minotauro / Minotoro
MrAngryFace / GAF MAF
Mr. Lemming / Sicher
Musashi Wins!/caninusrule
novery / rp
Prine/Prine
Rastex/Rastex
Redbeard/Confidence Man
Rodriguez/Phantom Goal
rorschach/r0rschach
Saurus / Saurus
segatavis / MarshmallowPeep
Sumidor / TangoTango
Sysgen / Sysgen
Taibhse / Psimorph
Tain / KNTain
Truelize / Truelize
Wario64 / Wario64
Wulfer / Wulfer
Yusaku / UnbornApple

I joined after the original post date of the list, so I put myself in, Joel Feel free to spam me with invites, then never play the game. Forcing me to boggle at simply who the fuck you are, and delete you three months down the road.

I hope you all are still playing this when I can finally get a copy. Fucking Gamecrazy and their limited stock. Also, hope it's okay not to have the voice chat.

MrDaravon

I finally picked up a copy of this yesterday because of demi's constant girlish whining about it. I'm in chapter 3 right now, I'll probably hop online in the next couple days so I can get my ass kicked.

Tag = SailorDaravon

demi

the year 20XX said:
I hope you all are still playing this when I can finally get a copy. Fucking Gamecrazy and their limited stock. Also, hope it's okay not to have the voice chat.

It's fine, I did it myself but I found myself bored because people were talking and I wasn't :)()...then I turned on my mic.

IJoel

pd-stock2.jpg

ROX!

Alex

The kooky, irrelevant GA chat is part of the fun! Seriously though, fun matches tonight. I'll likely be on again tommorow, I'm addicted. :mad:

demi

Beat it!

That last boss was very easy, yet very annoying (IJoel knows what I am talking about)! Ending was pretty cool, revealed a lot. I recorded it but for some reason it didn't have sound so I trashed the entire thing. Oh well.

IJoel

demi said:
Beat it!

That last boss was very easy, yet very annoying (IJoel knows what I am talking about)! Ending was pretty cool, revealed a lot. I recorded it but for some reason it didn't have sound so I trashed the entire thing. Oh well.

If you speak to the nurse, you can access all video clips, if you're intent on recording it.

Alex

Brandon, clear your damn PM box.

I'll probably be on around 6ish PST, early night! I'll add more folks to my list tonight, so accept, goddamnit.

How do you get super rare skills anyway? I've gotten 1 by getting 30 wins online, but I don't know how else you can get them.

novery

Mike Works said:
How do you get super rare skills anyway? I've gotten 1 by getting 30 wins online, but I don't know how else you can get them.

If somebody is trading an ultra rare online for lots of credits, that's the only other avenue to getting skills 301-340.

Yeah, 30 online wins per 1 rare skill is rough. I've been playing the game for 350+ hours and I only have fifteen rares. :( (Meaning I have about 600 online wins.)

Redbeard

Banned
novery said:
If somebody is trading an ultra rare online for lots of credits, that's the only other avenue to getting skills 301-340.

Yeah, 30 online wins per 1 rare skill is rough. I've been playing the game for 350+ hours and I only have fifteen rares. :( (Meaning I have about 600 online wins.)

:O

I've logged around 70hrs and I've got ten rares (plus one duplicate). You've gotta win more. :D

Vacuum Palm sounds good. I sent you a friend request (Confidence Man), when I catch you online we'll swap.

Grimlock

I've just gotten on Live recently to get the 1.10 skill update. Guess I'll try my luck after I finish single player (I'm on battle#95 right now, I think). If you see Unsoulled on XBL, that would be me.

demi

According to the XboxPhreaker site:

Skill Update 1.10 Details

In addition to skills 321-340 being added the following skill changes were made in Update Patch 1.10. Embolden text designate the newly updated skills:

006 Debris Bullet - Homing ability increased
007 Stone Shot - Homing ability increased
013 Throwing Stone - Homing ability increased
015 Psycho Sniper - Homing ability increased
020 Rain of Stones - Increased distance
021 Rain of Rocks - Increased distance
063 Photon Wave - Timing of attack tuned
064 Photon Burst - Timing of attack tuned
079 Mist Blaster - Homing ability increased
080 Blaster - Homing ability increased
081 Vibration Blaster - Homing ability increased
084 Photon Shower - Increased distance
142 Lightning Bolt - Radius of attack widened
143 Ice Storm - Increased distance
144 Fire Storm - Increased distance
145 Thunder Storm - Radius of attack widened
146 Blazing Storm - Increased distance
168 Commandments - Changed duration to one minute
172 Decoy - Damage motion changed
209 Block - Effectiveness raised
210 Protect - Effectiveness raised
211 Guard - Effectiveness raised
214 Digestion - Cost changed from 4 to 3, defensive power from 4 to 2
228 Chaos - Prohibits skill with aura cost from 3 or lower to 2 or lower
246 Lingering Flame - Homing ability improved
258 Venom Fang - Cost from 2 to 3, attack from 3 to 2. Homing ability improved
259 Crawlers - Cost from 4 to 5. Homing ability improved
265 Lucifer's Arrow - Increased distance
266 Binding Needle - Increased distance
267 Celestial Ship - Increased distance
272 Devil's Arm - Effectiveness raised
273 Angel's Wing - Effectiveness raised
276 Bloody Ritual - Firing speed decreased
296 Armaros - Added damage motion
306 Throttle Blaster - Homing ability raised
319 Jackpot - Cost from 3 to 4, from 1 use to infinite

demi

So hey, I'm trying to run account recovery on this new xbox, but I think I'm either:

a) Entering information wrong

or

b) gamertag is banned

Could my gamertag be possibly banned along with my xbox? Is there a way I can confirm this so I can just somehow close my free trial?

edit: To cancel your Xbox Live account, please call (800) 4MY-XBOX.

I might just cancel this name and make a new one on my debit if this won't work.

novery

Alex said:
What exactly did that update do, anyhow?

Pre-patch 1.10 was rough. Pin Down was virtually unstoppable and it was even harder to connect with those skills that Demi listed. I'm still hoping for skill update 1.20 though. The text description on Levitate is still incorrect!

Dave Long

Banned
Great matches tonight w/Brandon F, Alex and later on with Mike Works. I'll be back tomorrow night with a whole new arsenal to try out. I bought my fourth case right after we got done.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
demi said:
Fuck it, gonna cancel tomorrow. Be back with a new name! Any suggestions!?

You are probably just entering something wrong. I had to call Xbox support when I moved my Live account from my old Xbox. I guess I had thrown a capital in somewhere where I didn't remember.

demi

Yeah I'm gonna talk with them first before I cancel, that's a very last step. If I go through, hey cool, then I can change my account to my stuff.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I freakin miss you guys every night man. I was on last night but the only one left was Icedpez.
I wish the game let you message people within the game. Cause unless you guys check your friends list you wont see a new person pop up. Right?

So I need to add "demifish"? No capital at the start?

Alex

Yeah, I got thrown off last night. Lousy unruly internet. Sorry about that.

Did you guys manage to coerce Joel or MAF into a slot via voice message threats, afterwards? :p

I'll probably be on about 6ish PST.

demi

Truelize said:
I freakin miss you guys every night man. I was on last night but the only one left was Icedpez.
I wish the game let you message people within the game. Cause unless you guys check your friends list you wont see a new person pop up. Right?

So I need to add "demifish"? No capital at the start?

I will be on all night tonight (in IRC, on the boards), i will even leave XBL open. I am only on chapter 2 so we would have to do random skill sets...

demifish

Ramirez

Ok...I've got the game,bout to fire up the single player and try and learn the ropes...I'll be on XBL later to get my ass handed to me.

GT-DaAnswer3

IJoel

MAF, BuddyC and I played last night for about an hour or so. We invited the other gaffers online at the time, but no one joined us.

WUSSES!

Rorschach

I get home late all this week (around 10-1030 pst) so it's hard :p

Next week will be a different story, however. If you guys are still playing this...I know how fickle GAF is ;b

Ferny84

Banned
How do I add friends in Phantom Dust?

I can't find the option anywhere...

Someone please add me!

I don't care if I get my ass kicked, I just want to try online!

GT: Ferny84

IJoel

Ferny84 said:
How do I add friends in Phantom Dust?

I can't find the option anywhere...

Someone please add me!

I don't care if I get my ass kicked, I just want to try online!

GT: Ferny84

Just add friends from the Xbox Dashboard.

Dave Long

Banned
IJoel said:
MAF, BuddyC and I played last night for about an hour or so. We invited the other gaffers online at the time, but no one joined us.

WUSSES!

I sent MAF a voice message telling him to come to No Depth, Garliage and my game because it was better.

:lol

That's the thing when there's six of us online... the game could really use some six player maps.

Top Bottom