• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I'm pretty sure it was only sold to ticket holders and there wasn't anywhere near 510 seats.

But yea, it will sell out instantly.

Alamo/Mondo usually does it one of two ways: You pay for the poster with your ticket (so maybe like $60 for instance) or they just sell them in the lobby. They also usually sell extras in the lobby if they're included in the price. They maybe did not here (can't say as I didn't go), but if they were selling them as well and this was a halfway decent Stout then they'd have all gone.

Could be that he has an agreement though as Rinn mentioned.

LaneDS

New Daniel Danger on Monday:

zYFoCs0.jpg

"we’re gonna wake up, and we’re going to forget"
24x36” 5 color silkscreen
on sale this Monday the 2nd. 2pm EST at http://danieldanger.storenvy.com

Bii

Oh wait, was reading up on it. So the Korath and Yondu's are just extras. That's cool.

Haven't opened mine up yet, so I don't know which of the larger ones I got.

The larger one has the track listing on its back, which I thought was near. I got Gamora and the bonus was Yondu.

Bii

Got here yesterday:

Wasnt prepared for how much more incredible Horkey's stuff could be in person.

Beautiful!

I'm insanely jealous. Might be the poster to make me get one aftermarket. :(

Really sad I missed out on it because I was waiting on the wrong page (waited on the Posters page instead of home).

LaneDS

Beautiful!

Really sad I missed out on it because I was waiting on the wrong page (waited on the Posters page instead of home).

Hopefully the aftermarket isn't too bad (seems calm at the moment). Not trying to make you or anyone jealous but like to share a little when stuff comes in!

Need to figure out how to frame it. Girlfriend was impressed enough by it that she also is fully on board with framing it despite her having next to no interest in the subject matter, which speaks volumes to the quality of Horkey's work.

That horkey is ridiculous.

Hey mockingbird, any word on the size of the ico edition? I cannot wait to see this thing :)

Just numbered it yesterday. 116 but I'm still waiting to get 10 more, so I had 106 on me. I delivered 3 in person yesterday via local pick up and shipped one thus far. I'll be able to ship 19 more this week.

LaneDS

Are you going to frame any/all of them using that? If so, please post pictures! Neat idea.

Edit: hyped to hear more about the below.

Gah, I know I haven't actually started shipping yet but this is pretty relevant to announce now. Don't want to say what it is or who the artist is but there will be a commission for 3rd/4th quarter of this year and the edition size will be the same as the Ico one.

Why I'm mentioning this now is because the way I plan to do this one is the same as book rights. For those that own Ico at the time the commission begins, you will have your numbered spot on this commission reserved. In other words, don't forget your numbers so I can easily match it up for you.

Sigma722

Beautiful!

You still have a chance to get it via the posters and toys drop. The guy that runs that page is updating his site to shopify (like mondo's site), and once that is done he will release the artist's copies. They won't be aftermarket prices, but closer to them.

If the avg for the reg is 300, then his price will be 200-250. It's to get more money to Aaron, as well as help avoid flipping, since the profit margin is lower.

I would bet money that drop will occur this week. I would put a page monitor up on postersandtoys.net, and my guess is that when it goes live, the horkey will go live with it.

All guesses, but makes sense to me at least.

Gah, I know I haven't actually started shipping yet but this is pretty relevant to announce now. Don't want to say what it is or who the artist is but there will be a commission for 3rd/4th quarter of this year and the edition size will be the same as the Ico one.

Why I'm mentioning this now is because the way I plan to do this one is the same as book rights. For those that own Ico at the time the commission begins, you will have your numbered spot on this commission reserved. In other words, don't forget your numbers so I can easily match it up for you.

Oh man, please tell me it's what I think it is...

Bii

:O

You still have a chance to get it via the posters and toys drop. The guy that runs that page is updating his site to shopify (like mondo's site), and once that is done he will release the artist's copies. They won't be aftermarket prices, but closer to them.

If the avg for the reg is 300, then his price will be 200-250. It's to get more money to Aaron, as well as help avoid flipping, since the profit margin is lower.

I would bet money that drop will occur this week. I would put a page monitor up on postersandtoys.net, and my guess is that when it goes live, the horkey will go live with it.

All guesses, but makes sense to me at least.

Thanks for the heads up. :) And yes, I am aware that a set amount was going to P&T. Besides that, there's a Fat Bird I'm keeping an eye on that I want that will be posted up soon too.

LaneDS

Oh man, please tell me it's what I think it is...

Really curious to find out more! Mockingbird, when do you think previous buyers/everyone else can find out more?

:O

Thanks for the heads up. :) And yes, I am aware that a set amount was going to P&T. Besides that, there's a Fat Bird I'm keeping an eye on that I want that will be posted up soon too.

Has Mitchell shown off the other Fat Kingdom print yet? I saw the new bird which is great, but am curious to see the other new addition (I want to say it's going to be a skunk?)

Also was a little surprised/not surprised to see that P&T is run by someone that directly works for Mondo. Made sense.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Has Mitchell shown off the other Fat Kingdom print yet? I saw the new bird which is great, but am curious to see the other new addition (I want to say it's going to be a skunk?)

Yeah, it's that fat Skunk. I'm waiting on a fat fox or a silverback gorilla or something.

Bii

I have the Tufted Titmouse and Stellar's Jay. Just need two more birds and I'll be "done" with one wall/corner of my master bedroom.

NateDrake

:-O I'm interested in what this could be.....

Can't wait to see the Ico print when it arrives

rerem

Neo Member

Oooooh. I'll start saving my pennies.

Glassboy

Just numbered it yesterday. 116 but I'm still waiting to get 10 more, so I had 106 on me. I delivered 3 in person yesterday via local pick up and shipped one thus far. I'll be able to ship 19 more this week.

Right on. Thanks for the update! Can't wait for the next commision too. And thank you for doing everything invilved with this whole process. Seriously. I'm sure everyone appreciates it!

Finally got my Mondo Guardians vinyl today (that the girlfriend bought as a Christmas gift last year, lol). Need to get a frame for it this weekend.

IronRinn

I have a feeling the pictures aren't going to do it justice, so my vote is wait. I just happened to get spoiled on my feed.

But I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

starkdesign

Neo Member
Alright, I have dried my tears (mostly) and faced facts. but still, how does one get in on the next in the series?!

or do i need to try and trade my way into this "cool kids" group lol!

Oh yeah, had to tear up my moss majoras since they were damaged, hurt a little to do, but now I have some sweet bookmarks.

majora_smiley.jpg

Bii

You might be able to still get the Ico print. Contact Mockingbird here (or Celsius at EB, same person).

Why'd you rip up those 5x5s? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom