• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Social Network [OT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man

Expendable. said:
That ad reflects the spirit of the film very well.

jett said:
I thought the Tron Legacy soundtrack was good but this is like on another level entirely. Hope it gets the recognition it deserves.
1. The Social Network
2. Tron Legacy
3. Inception
the rest.

they revamped the entire official site with tons of interviews. I've embedded them all in a single page here. Some truly great stuff.

social_network-650x337.png

I finally saw the movie on a flight from the UK to the states yesterday. Amazing film and awesome soundtrack. Although, I kept thinking in my head, "Eduardo is gonna be the next Peter Parker?" :lol

Firestorm

donkey show said:
I finally saw the movie on a flight from the UK to the states yesterday. Amazing film and awesome soundtrack. Although, I kept thinking in my head, "Eduardo is gonna be the next Peter Parker?" :lol
Saw this on a plane ride as well. Awesome movie that makes me wanna learn more about the story behind the site. Way better than the crap the trailer made it out to be.

Mr. Sam

Firestorm said:
Saw this on a plane ride as well. Awesome movie that makes me wanna learn more about the story behind the site. Way better than the crap the trailer made it out to be.
Thank you. I understand the gushing praise the film gets but not the gushing praise the trailer got.

Replicant

Awesome film. I can't help but cringe along with Eduardo when he tried to tell Mark about his success and Mark just didn't care. Been there. I think my face look about the same as Eduardo's back then. Being taken for granted as a friend sucks.

This is why I think the film was so good. It wasn't so much about Facebook. It's about a friendship that fell apart due to one man's ambition and ignorance of his friend.

dyls

About to pre-order the blu-ray from amazon. Looks like no digital copy though, is that correct? Sucks if so. This is definitely the type of movie I'd like to have easy access to so I can watch a quick scene or two on various devices.

Mr. Sam

Pardon my ignorance, is four stars from the Rolling Stone, like, absolutely exceptional or something? Otherwise, I don't know why a film that got so many five star reviews - and from very reputable sources - would feature a four star review on the cover.

Mr. Sam said:
Pardon my ignorance, is four stars from the Rolling Stone, like, absolutely exceptional or something? Otherwise, I don't know why a film that got so many five star reviews - and from very reputable sources - would feature a four star review on the cover.

That useless fool Peter Travers manages to get his name on everything that's why.

Mr. Sam said:

He doesn't give out many. It's also that he was one of the first out of gate saying it was the film that defined our generation. That kind of stuck.

I think a film about Google would be more defining of our culture....but I doubt that story is as compelling.

...unless perhaps michael mann takes a shot at it :lol

Mr. Sam

Oh, OK, cool. Thanks for the help guys. Mind you, I'd have been a bit cheeky, just dropped the four star bit and kept the quote. I'm just nefarious like that though.

Got my copy in the mail just now. I really, really like the package design and how it is presented. I wouldn't be surprised if Rob Sheridan (Nine Inch Nails designer) designed it.

Great special features too. Really looking forward to sitting down and watching all of this tonight.

Mr. Sam

Fourman said:
Got my copy in the mail just now. I really, really like the package design and how it is presented. I wouldn't be surprised if Rob Sheridan (Nine Inch Nails designer) designed it.

Great special features too. Really looking forward to sitting down and watching all of this tonight.

Any idea if it's region free? It's still a month until UK release. Hmm, I can probably wait.

Articalys said:
Apologies for the bump, but thought this was an interesting development in hindsight of the movie's popularity:
Winklevoss twins back in court to contest Facebook settlement

I smell a sequel.

Ugh, preordered last week from amazon.ca, they shipped it out this afternoon... probably not gonna get it until tomorrow now. And pretty much everywhere has it on sale for $20 today anyway.

shagg_187 said:
Got my copy today. Fuck me sideways, this has one of the best blu-ray cases ever! I thought the boxart wasn't a paper sleeve. Mind = BLOWN!

I hate the fact that the very top slip doesn't have a bottom or any sides but the top.

I was hoping that the side would have the blue square thing and the title in the white font. Instead it just looks like a black case in my collection.

see5harp

Really wish they would have gone with a more minimal looking cover like the movie poster. $17 is really tempting me right now though.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Bought the blu-ray for a second thought Best Buy was sold out. Case is so nice. One of the best I seen.

Watching it now again since it first came out. You can tell this was gonna be rated R. Where is my Rated R cut.

Mr. Sam

brandonh83 said:
I hate the fact that the very top slip doesn't have a bottom or any sides but the top.

I was hoping that the side would have the blue square thing and the title in the white font. Instead it just looks like a black case in my collection.

Is there a regular edition I can buy? The only thing allowed to throw of my uniformity is the Alien Anthology! And that's because of Cameron and Scott - not you, Fincher.

Mr. Sam said:
Is there a regular edition I can buy? The only thing allowed to throw of my uniformity is the Alien Anthology! And that's because of Cameron and Scott - not you, Fincher.

I didn't see one. =\

So many people seem to like the case. I like the design I guess, but that outer part not having a good slipcase nor having a Facebook-style side label is very obnoxious.

SVT38.jpg

Just got my copy.

The title on the spine of the BD case is black-on-black. That's the only thing I don't like about the box design. On my shelf it'll be tough to see the titrle it'll just be a black case.

Well, that and the fact that it's cardboard. It's too easy for it to get damaged.

Mr. Sam

AvidNobody said:
How realistic is this movie to the actual founding of fbook?

Liberties are definitely taken; let's put it that way. It is, however, based vaguely on stuff that did happen, I believe.

the social network: the packaging: the thread

just dedicated my whole night to a second viewing and special features.. I think I love this movie even more than I thought I did.

brandonh83 said:
Just watched it for the first time. Yeah, it was very much a blind purchase. I wasn't disappointed.
Pretty much feel the same way. Not a bad $16.99 spent. Zombieland kid was pretty much rolling with his 'haters gonna hate' swag-step during the entire film.

striKeVillain! said:
Pretty much feel the same way. Not a bad $16.99 spent. Zombieland kid was pretty much rolling with his 'haters gonna hate' swag-step during the entire film.

I lost my shit when he called the twins the "Winklevi"

also presents the perfect opportunity for a mind fuck for people afterwards ("the Winklevi aren't real twins")

everyone watch the special features.. so much movie magic my head exploded.

Dead

well not really...yet
Finished watching the movie. sogood.gif

So glad to see Fincher return to form after what I would consider his weakest non-alien 3 movie (button).

What really makes the movie is the relationship between Zuckerberg and Saverin. Both Eisenberg and Garfield are fantastic.

Im not really sure what is fact or fiction here, nor do I think I really care. All I know is that this was a hell of a fucking movie. The opening alone is just jaw dropping.

Why oh why do we have to wait until February for this to reach the UK. Talk about driving piracy. I want to give them my money... why don't they want it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom