• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

Sorry, I really didn't like that at all. I just found it boring and cheesy. I hate German vocals too, it's such an ugly sounding language.

2/10
emVN5GO.gif

3.5/10
Kinda makes my head hurt.

eufonius - Narcissus

Where can I get this song? It is not on Spotify.

After All by Al Jarreau

NinjaBoiX

Sorry man, I guess I just don't dig your taste in music. This was massively corny to me again, it sounded like the soundtrack to some schmaltzy straight to TV chick flick from the 80's.

His voice is nice enough I suppose but it's just cheese on toast. Sorry, but I might as well be honest!

2/10

Leftfield - Swords

Kaladin

London Grammar - Hey Now MITS remix

just discovered London Grammar and love some of the remixes people are coming out with

While the song isn't bad, it's not really my kind of EDM....need more of a groove than a steady beat.

5/10

Not quite the Hip-hop that I like. But the beat was chill. 7/10

Datach'i - In Silence
listen at your own risk

So this video isn't left out...I could barely stand to watch the video for more than a second. The song was kind of boring too.

3/10

And now for something different...and new(ish):

Jayke Orvis & The Broken Band - In The Pines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ofhzN7X-TA

It's a version of the old folk song In The Pines, often associated with Leadbelly. You might have also heard a version done by Nirvana...this is a bit different. I really dig the last minute or so.

While the song isn't bad, it's not really my kind of EDM....need more of a groove than a steady beat.

5/10

So this video isn't left out...I could barely stand to watch the video for more than a second. The song was kind of boring too.

3/10

And now for something different...and new(ish):

Jayke Orvis & The Broken Band - In The Pines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ofhzN7X-TA

It's a version of the old folk song In The Pines, often associated with Leadbelly. You might have also heard a version done by Nirvana...this is a bit different. I really dig the last minute or so.
I like their version of the song too. 6/10 They did a nice change to Southern Rock from the Country version.
Play for Real by The Crystal Method

Kaladin

I love Deltron and that whole album ! 8/10

Aphex Twin - Blue Calx

While not something I would listen to everyday, I could see that being a good chill out tune.

5/10

Jason Eady & Courtney Patton - We Just Might Miss Each Other (Live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU_Z2YSvqAg

This song is off an album that could be on my Best of 2014 list. It's a country duet, just guitars on the live version but it's more fleshed out on the album. Great story song.

Kaladin

7 Not my thing and it doesnt do much for me being honest but certainly not bad.

Sophie Ellis Bextor- 13 Little Dolls

This is actually pretty enjoyable. 7/10

Hank Williams III - 3 Shades Of Black (Live Version)

I'm sharing the live version because it is quite different from the recorded version. This is also from 2009 when he had Gary Lindsay (from his metal band Assjack) on the stage during part of the set (including this song) providing screaming backing vocals.

Bonus for the EDM crowd: Dubstep Mix

Yes, I said dubstep mix.....though this post is for the live version, and that is the only required listening.

UrbanRats

This is actually pretty enjoyable. 7/10

Hank Williams III - 3 Shades Of Black (Live Version)

I'm sharing the live version because it is quite different from the recorded version. This is also from 2009 when he had Gary Lindsay (from his metal band Assjack) on the stage during part of the set (including this song) providing screaming backing vocals.

Bonus for the EDM crowd: Dubstep Mix

Yes, I said dubstep mix.....though this post is for the live version, and that is the only required listening.
Really liked that LIVE, 8/10.
--

I'm posting Lightning Dust again, because i really like the piano in this song:

Lighning Dust - Antonia Jane.

icy_eagle

Kaladin

Pretty chill, didn't really grab me but I enjoyed it. 7/10

Earl Sweatshirt - EARL

You need to warn us if people are going to be spitting up blood or stuff like that.

Song is a 5/10...not a bad flow at least.

Edit: gonna change it up a bit since no one has clicked yet:

Lonesome Wyatt & Rachel Brooke - Give Up And Die
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Y_RDLKyI4

Came across this for the first time in a while last night in my randomized listening of my collection and it was awesome.

Top Bottom