• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

Dec

Loved dark tranquility in high school. Awesome song, 8/10

Check out haven if you haven't already. It's a neat album, particularly the song called frabic

brontide - arioso

9/10, really good song. Right down my alley.

and ya, even DT's newest album is really great.

Alkaline Trio - I Held Her in my Arms

A good cover.

On a side note, I'd like to post Moongarden - Flesh but there is barely any Moongarden on youtube I've never seen this song on any streaming sites.

Edit: Disregard this, next poster but I actually found the song on dailymotion.

Mdot

9/10, really good song. Right down my alley.

and ya, even DT's newest album is really great.

Alkaline Trio - I Held Her in my Arms

A good cover.

On a side note, I'd like to post Moongarden - Flesh but there is barely any Moongarden on youtube I've never seen this song on any streaming sites.

Listened to that whole DT song and found that you responded to it already lol. Was good though!

For this Alkaline Trio joint, really solid. I'd give it a 7/10. Has a rocking country feel to it that I dug.

For my entry:

Jupiter One - Countdown

Eh. I don't know if I'm just sick of classic rock or what but I didn't really enjoy this. I mean if your gonna have a 7 minute song, at least have 2 of crazy shreddage or something. That same four chord guitar riff got a bit old. I did like the vocals though which is unusual because I usually hate classic rock vocals (they all sound the same). And for some reason there was only one drum beat back then.

5/10

Lets try...
Always by Panama

K.Sabot

Eh. I don't know if I'm just sick of classic rock or what but I didn't really enjoy this. I mean if your gonna have a 7 minute song, at least have 2 of crazy shreddage or something. That same four chord guitar riff got a bit old. I did like the vocals though which is unusual because I usually hate classic rock vocals (they all sound the same). And for some reason there was only one drum beat back then.

5/10

Lets try...
Always by Panama

Strong 7/10 really pleasant, pretty predictable but still a good tune. Has a nice progression.

We Versus the Shark - You Don't Have to Kick It

Eh, not my thing really. Not bad but meh. 4/10

Harkonnen Force from Emperor: Battle For Dune

This is really, really good. I didn't know what to expect, but I loved it. I might check out more of the soundtrack, despite not being a Dune fan. 8/10

dude wtf was that 0/10 i felt like i was in hell

this songs a pretty sick, club song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj_t-pMOTjY

I really didn't like this at all, I'm sorry. Just not too much a fan of club music myself. 4/10

I know this probably won't be received too well, but to hell with it:

Close to the Edge by Yes

I've fell in love with Close to the Edge recently after getting The Studio Albums 1969-1987 for Christmas. I've heard Close to the Edge before and liked it, but it really grew on me the more I listened to it. I just love this song way too much! It's prog rock at it's finest.

This is really, really good. I didn't know what to expect, but I loved it. I might check out more of the soundtrack, despite not being a Dune fan. 8/10

I really didn't like this at all, I'm sorry. Just not too much a fan of club music myself. 4/10

I know this probably won't be received too well, but to hell with it:

Close to the Edge by Yes

I've fell in love with Close to the Edge recently after getting The Studio Albums 1969-1987 for Christmas. I've heard Close to the Edge before and liked it, but it really grew on me the more I listened to it. I just love this song way too much! It's prog rock at it's finest.

amazing. kinda insane at parts too

my dad is dead - year of loss

icy_eagle

Servbot24

Banned

UrbanRats

Musically really cool. I dig the 60's stoner rock simple riff. Seeing a three piece outfit is always nice to see for a change. The only thing I wasnt a big fan of was the dudes voice; just a bit too whiney. All in all cool though. Sweet solo too.
I actually agree with you on the voice, easily the most annoying part of the band.
Pretty boring imo. Sounds like a college band, which isn't the worst thing ever, but there are just no new or remotely interesting ideas here and there is no genuine emotional charge. Pandering and pointless song.

2/10

Hildegard Knef - Im achtzigsten Stockwerk
5/10.

---
Lightning Dust - Diamond.

Top Bottom