• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Vesperia |OT|

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I'm pretty excited about this game. I haven't played a Tales game before, but I figure now is a good time to try out the series :D

Jijidasu

Having a lot of fun with the game so far. Visuals are nice once you get used to it, controls aren't bad either.

The story is a little light so far but it's cute (in terms of dialogue).

Having issues getting Xbox Live set up through ICS, this thing is driving me up the wall. I think I'll do it tomorrow. :lol

Otheradam

goldenpp72 said:
why not get both?

Same with me. I will get both, eventually. But I really can't play more than 1 rpg at a time or I lose interest in one, or both. Which reminds me, I have to finish FES.

ivysaur12 said:
I can't see this doing well in the States. Which sucks, cause this is actually my most anticipated 360 RPG.

I hope I'm wrong.

No, I meant it being $20 by the holidays. Not a chance of that.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Hell yeah, if the price drop comes on the 7th as promised I'm buying another 360 with a butt load of games.

(My original 360 doesnt like to work all the time)

Jonnyram

OMG this game has the worst achievements ever.
And those are the ones that aren't secret -- I dread to think what the secret ones are :(

Rpgmonkey

So I watched the ending CG, and oddly enough it was in English.

Apparently the game really does have dual-audio.

Can anyone with the game confirm this?

Rpgmonkey

Jonnyram said:
How!? According to the in-game leaderboards, noone has finished the game yet.

Someone ripped various FMV cutscenes out of the game.

I decided to watch the ending one, and everyone was speaking in English.

FSLink

Banned
Maybe it's just the anime/CG movies that have both languages? Would explain why the blog said you'd be able to hear Ring a Bell (English) in the Japanese version...o_o

Or maybe there's secretly a "choose language" option when you beat the game? [/not happening ever]

jvalioli

Rpgmonkey said:
BTW, talesbrigade finally opened.

http://www.talesbrigade.com/
Tales 10th Anniversary Soundtrack Vol. 2
55000 Gald
50 in stock
You must be 1300 Grade or higher to claim this item
Limit 1 per person
Enjoy the music of the Tales series even when you're not playing on your consoles with this soundtrack including the theme song from Tales of Vesperia by Bonnie Pink.
So that's what happened to Vol. 2

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
jvalioli said:
So that's what happened to Vol. 2

Wait, so if you play the game long enough, you can essentially order the second volume for free?

botticus

ZealousD said:
Wait, so if you play the game long enough, you can essentially order the second volume for free?
Nah, you have to do various polls, quests, etc, through the site to earn points, Konami has a similar thing going.

Wizpig

Asian Vesperia confirmed to be 100% NOT region-free.
Not that i care, obviously, since i don't know Japanese.

Now we have to wait for the US and Asian w/ English versions of the game.
Fuck Namco.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
BenjaminBirdie said:
OP says all characters are playable, did the demo only let you use one or was I doing it wrong?

It was defaulted, but you can can change the person you control.

Wizpig said:
Asian Vesperia confirmed to be 100% NOT region-free.
Not that i care, obviously, since i don't know Japanese.

Now we have to wait for the US and Asian w/ English versions of the game.
Fuck Namco.

Darn it. :/

Rpgmonkey

Firestorm said:
FINALLY. I've been checking on and off again every few hours for the last few days x.x Send me your referral link and I'll sign up under you. Someone might as well get some points. I'm gonna work my ass off on this site >=D

Okay, I suck at this stuff, but is the referral thing just my username?

If so, it's Rpgmonkey.

Firestorm

Rpgmonkey said:
Okay, I suck at this stuff, but is the referral thing just my username?

If so, it's Rpgmonkey.
You can find a link under recruitment or just give your username. Although apparently I'm already registered since I'm a part of some of their other sites so I couldn't get referred again.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
BenjaminBirdie said:
How? I'd love to try that.

At the menu you can rearrange the order and even change who you're playing on the overworld, iirc there's a flag you can set to show who you're playing in battle, I need to recheck the demo to confirm though.

Papercuts said:
At the menu you can rearrange the order and even change who you're playing on the overworld, iirc there's a flag you can set to show who you're playing in battle, I need to recheck the demo to confirm though.

And then you control only them in the fight? Is there a way to swap during battle?

Rpgmonkey

Firestorm said:
You can find a link under recruitment or just give your username. Although apparently I'm already registered since I'm a part of some of their other sites so I couldn't get referred again.

:(

Well thanks for the offer and clarifying this for me at least.

Firestorm

ZealousD said:
No, Gald is also the in-website currency. You do activities, make banners/wallpaper, participate in poll/surveys, and refer members to get Gald. You can then spend it in their shop for free stuff including signed copies of Vesperia and Symphonia: DotNW.

BenjaminBirdie said:
OP says all characters are playable, did the demo only let you use one or was I doing it wrong?
Go to the Artes menu and see if there's something at the top that says Manual - Semi Manual - Auto. Change it from Auto to Manual and you can play as them. Change the character to the first player's slot. You can't change characters mid-battle.

99 Posts and only 1 impression from actual gameplay?

Is that a good thing (everyone is enjoying it too much), or bad thing (no one bought it or cares)?

Top Bottom