• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

melkier33

some impressions

being top 3 in the daily rankings should get you some rewards, i was top twice and 2nd once but i don't think i got anything out of it
and i managed to get those basically from progressing my quests, i didn't leave my town to explore the resource islands until the last half hour of the beta

maybe you should be able to praise the player who built a building while accessing the building, i had quests that want me to check out signs and mass monitors but my town didn't have any so i built them myself

and i still need some advice on getting money, i've seen them on the ground for some reason, but only twice and that's very inconsistent, we need a consistent way to earn money as well
maybe you should be able to sell coupons for money on the black market?

You had quests? How did I miss that?

Machina

Banned
I saw this Pig Island

It was massive! I felt like I barley scratched the surface when exploring. Next time it comes around i want to get a jetpack and approach from the top.

I saw this:

ku-xlarge.jpg

About 5 seconds before the servers went down.

melkier33

I got a quest too, it was before i got on the train to go into the town for the first time. I declined it though, as i wanted to go into town first,

That's what I get for waking up an hour late and rushing through it. Been wanting to play all day knowing I missed stuff isn't helping.

Not for me, I didn't do it! Lol

There's some interesting stuff in there...

Boy I wonder how much is put into it.

It's a very realized game. I enjoyed my hour with it before I kinda knocked out. I didn't see, but are there weapons other than the Rocket launcher? @_@ And I want to say I remember there being classes, like Soldier or Worker, is that tied to the skill points?

Boy I wonder how much is put into it.

It's a very realized game. I enjoyed my hour with it before I kinda knocked out. I didn't see, but are there weapons other than the Rocket launcher? @_@ And I want to say I remember there being classes, like Soldier or Worker, is that tied to the skill points?
Changing clothes is changing job. The points is you further customizing as the jobs give you stared stats. There's also a shotgun

Qvoth

they never gave out free trools other than rewards from completing quests
anyway i'm giving out an extra code, 1st to pm me gets it since i forgot how to do quote to show code :p

We moved away from the classes idea that was in the alpha, so people wouldn't feel like they were tied to a certain play style. You can change your outfits once you have more than one, and dress to fit your mood!

We moved away from the classes idea that was in the alpha, so people wouldn't feel like they were tied to a certain play style. You can change your outfits once you have more than one, and dress to fit your mood!

But Duck

I want to be a proletariat commander

while screaming 'this is my gun, there are many like it, but this one is mine'.

Seriously though, can't wait to see what costumes there'll be. I hope there's one that's military style @_@

Shy

Sorry to ask this dumb question again.

Can i destroy my house and build it somewhere else. ?
I don't know how.
But Duck

Seriously though, can't wait to see what costumes there'll be. I hope there's one that's military style @_@
I want to be a Commissar. :p

Qvoth

I assume you'll need the licences for the jobs now after you earn/by the jobs

the licenses are sold by the npc policemen, 500 dollars each
there are 3 licenses which are weapons, mobility equipments (jetpacks) and i can't remember the last one
i bought the mobility one but i'm thinking weapons might be the best option early on

edit: code is gone

But Duck

Actually, if you buy the weapon license you're also given a combatant uniform!

Sorry to ask this dumb question again.

Can i destroy my house and build it somewhere else. ?
I don't know how.

I want to be a Commissar. :p

You can't destroy your house, but you can relocate it...for a price

Can I start a gang and go around trapping people in the little mine like item? Or it only works on negative karma people? Next window I'm just going to blast mine

ps3ud0

Not for me, I didn't do it! Lol

There's some interesting stuff in there...
There definitely was - is it meant to be mostly hollow or are some of the structures from the Alpha and been part explored? Died twice because sometimes its hard to see the floor even with the torch!

ps3ud0 8)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Are the devs streaming at a separate time to the alpha, or at the same time? If it's the same time I hope its archived so I can watch afterwards - do you have a youtube channel it's put up on? (Or does the iOS twitch app support archives now?)

Drencrom

I just now saw that I actually got a beta code in my email, I apparently got it like 15 mins before the beta started and by that time I already got a code thanks to Massive Duck's raffle.

The first one to post a haiku related to The Tomorrow Children gets an EU beta code via PM!

writeahaiku.com

I'm so ready for today!

Also if anyone want to get a Neogaf town going send me a friend request at Nestled_Grizzly. The town I got only has three people including me.

Is today the final test? Noticed a few people were still receiving codes yesterday so have been banking on getting a code just in time for the last run but alas no luck. Kinda hoping there's one more day so I get another excuse to check my email and hope.

Top Bottom