• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

NeatoKuni

I got a notification on my PS4 with another download code even though I was emailed twice (and I was worried I wouldn't make it in!) I gave one to a friend but the first PM can snag my
possibly?
last download for the US beta.

edit: code has been claimed! ♥

edit #2: false alarm! it was the same code in my email! sorry!

This is going to be a long day lol...

I'll try to catch up with the burning questions. Also, I see the EU forums appear to be live and addressing the "permissions" issue. We'll be following up at Q today to try to iron out redemption issues before the next block.

We'll also be streaming during the next two blocks, so hopefully we can provide more answers to game questions real time.

Venom Fox

Banned

I'll try to catch up with the burning questions. Also, I see the EU forums appear to be live and addressing the "permissions" issue. We'll be following up at Q today to try to iron out redemption issues before the next block.

We'll also be streaming during the next two blocks, so hopefully we can provide more answers to game questions real time.
Hi Duck, strange question but is there Absolutley no chance we will get more chances to play other than the 3 blocks?

NeatoKuni

Hi Duck, strange question but is there Absolutley no chance we will get more chances to play other than the 3 blocks?

I'm also curious. Woke up about 15 minutes after the first block ended and won't be able to play the third because of work. (I'm pumped for tomorrow though!)

Pachimari

I thought there was a thread here some months ago saying that other players wouldn't fade out and fade in anymore? Or did they just change it, so that other players fade in when they do an activity?

I thought there was a thread here some months ago saying that other players wouldn't fade out and fade in anymore? Or did they just change it, so that other players fade in when they do an activity?

We extended the time others are shown a bit, but part of the design idea is to go back and forth between solitude and community.

NeatoKuni

You pick a code that isn't taken then you copy the whole code line and pm it to modbot. If you did it right then you'll get a pm back with the code.

Do not put more than one code in the pm.

I wasn't asking for a code. Maybe there was a misunderstanding? My original quoted post was about other time blocks to play the game. I know how to use modbot and already have the game downloaded. :p

El Jaffe

Omg I'm an idiot, I've been checking my actual email for 2 days. I turn on my ps4 and checked notifications. Got my message and code from there. I'm so excited!

Steenbock

Neo Member
You pick a code that isn't taken then you copy the whole code line and pm it to modbot. If you did it right then you'll get a pm back with the code.

Do not put more than one code in the pm.

Thanks; I realized this shortly after I posted; I was in a rush, figuring it was time-sensitive, but I'm SOL anyway; I don't meet the criteria for a code... Haven't posted enough. Sigh...

Link please? :D

liberator 23

Neo Member
We extended the time others are shown a bit, but part of the design idea is to go back and forth between solitude and community.

Hi Duck, I think this is a really cool concept. I was able to play the game for the first time this morning and I really enjoyed it. I'm super excited for the full release!

What are your thoughts on possibly extending the fade out time of players that are on your friends list? When I was exploring an island today I hit a snag with a friend when we were trying to relay where some dolls were hidden to each other, although we couldn't find each others characters easily which made this feel more difficult than it should have been.

Probably already answered in the thread but.

Is this beta really only going for 3 hours or am I missing something?

This is positioned mostly as a stress test, so only 3 three-hour blocks this time around.

Hi Duck, I think this is a really cool concept. I was able to play the game for the first time this morning and I really enjoyed it. I'm super excited for the full release!

What are your thoughts on possibly extending the fade out time of players that are on your friends list? When I was exploring an island today I hit a snag with a friend when we were trying to relay where some dolls were hidden to each other, although we couldn't find each others characters easily which made this feel more difficult than it should have been.

If you press L1, you can blow a whistle that will show the positions of anyone near you as a brief burst. You also show up while using gestures (brought up with R1).

Not sure if extending display time JUST for friends is doable, but it's something to consider!

I missed the first day, but should be able to play for a bit tomorrow. What was it like? Anything I should know going into it tomorrow?

eFKac

This is positioned mostly as a stress test, so only 3 three-hour blocks this time around.
Ok thanks for the answer. Unfortunately probably won't be able to find time on a Friday evening :-/

Are the codes we get tied to our accounts? Maybe I could give it to someone else.

liberator 23

Neo Member
I missed the first day, but should be able to play for a bit tomorrow. What was it like? Anything I should know going into it tomorrow?

After my short experience of playing the game this morning I can say that it's definitely awesome! The major advice I could give you would be to try to always have power in town by running on the treadmill, and maybe bring a rocket launcher with you to the islands to take care of spiders and other not so fun beings.

Top Bottom