• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

CoolS

JbZPbmr.png

XPr41ci.png

The Walking Dead: 400 Days is an all-new DLC episode for Season 1 and a brand new chapter in the world of The Walking Dead.
Although the events of 400 Days take place in the same geographical region as Season 1, this is not Lee or Clem’s story.
400 Days is split over 5 short stories; each presents the apocalypse through the eyes of a different survivor.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days will be available for $4.99 USD, or equivalent prices.

If you bought Season 1 of The Walking Dead on the Telltale store, 400 Days will be a free download.

zYMP0mm.png

bTrJWNU.png

eOcKwvq.png

Centered on a truck stop on a Georgia highway, 400 Days tells five linked stories; each taking place at different points in time and from the point of view of a different survivor, from day one of the undead apocalypse to day 400.
The five stories can be played in any order and will change based on the choices that you make. Echoes of the choices you made in Season 1 will carry over into 400 Days and the choices you make in 400 Days will resonate into Season 2.

At the end of 400 Days, the stories will all be wrapped up and leave a few hints towards what we can expect to see from Season 2.

OJHWBTl.png

Is this episode part of the season 1 season pass or multipack?
No. 400 Days is DLC (downloadable content) for Season One and therefore requires an additional purchase to play. However, if you’d like to buy or if you have already purchased Walking Dead Season One from the Telltale Online Store, 400 Days is included as a thank you for your purchase.

How much will 400 Days cost?
400 Days will cost US $4.99 or equivalent (slight variations are possible based on region and games system).

Was this episode created by the same people that made Season 1?
Yes.

Why isn’t this episode about Clementine?
The creators of 400 Days wanted to provide a different perspective on the world of The Walking Dead prior to Season 2 beginning later this year and provide interesting ‘connective tissue’ between the two seasons.

Does this episode play in the same way as Season 1?
Yes. 400 Days offers the same game-play dynamics as Season 1. Even in this self-contained series of short stories, your choices will matter.

Will my choices in Season 1 affect 400 Days and will my choices in 400 Days affect Season 2?
Yes. 400 Days will check to see if you have a Season 1 save file. The decisions you made in Season 1 will have an effect on your 400 Days experience. And yes…choices made in 400 Days will resonate in
Season 2.

Why is it called 400 Days?
The events you’ll experience take place over a period of 400 Days.

Is 400 Days Season 2 of The Walking Dead game?
No. 400 Days is a ‘special episode’ of season 1.

How do I buy/install 400 Days?
400 Days cannot be purchased as a standalone game. It’s DLC (downloadable content) and therefore, you must have at least episode one, season one of The Walking Dead installed on your games system to play.400 Days will be available to buy from within The Walking Dead season one.

Is it a good idea for 400 Days to be my first experience of Telltale’s The Walking Dead, or should I play Season 1 first?
Telltale highly recommend that you play through Season One first.

31GqDNV.png

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXre05VFx0
Launch Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R47-A5_taro

RjrTxLX.png

Official Site - http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/400days
Steam Link (not live at time of posting) - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/28983/
Walking Dead Wikia - http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead:_400_Days

Wl1zUmW.png

Big thanks to Kyonashi for doing all the work for the OT. I feel this DLC deserves it and I am looking forward to playing it later today. And please USE SPOILER TAGS!

Kyonashi

Aw yeah, my first thread and OT.

Kinda.

EDIT: And if anyone's interested in playing the chapters in chronological order, do them from left to right as shown in the OP.

"Day
" - Vince

"Day
" - Wyatt

"Day
" - Russell

"Day
" - Bonnie

"Day
" and "Day
" - Shel

EPILOGUE "Day 400" - Tavia

Gilgamesh

"Echoes of the choices you made in Season 1 will carry over into 400 Days"

guess I should try to replay the end of episode 5 and see if it acknowledges that I completed it this time

can't wait for the save game shuffle

Gilgamesh

"400 Days will check to see if you have a Season 1 save file"

which I'm sure will work flawlessly and without hassle

So Season 1 choices carry over in 400 Days, and 400 Days choices carry over in Season 2. The problem is that I played Season 1 on the 360 but want to continue on PC because of performance issues.

Do we know if any Season 1 choices carry over to Season 2? If not, I'd rather play 400 Days on PC without my Season 1 choices, and then continue to play Season 2 on PC too.

EDIT: Also, is there a save file editor available for the PC version (similar to those that exist for Mass Effect, i.e. check some boxes with the choices you made and it creates a save file)?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Did someone mention Clementine in here? Don't even talk about her... you know what just don't even look at her ok. What...? WHAT. TIME TO DIE MOTHERFUCKER.

Will buy.

Tenrius

Did someone mention Clementine in here? Don't even talk about her... you know what just don't even look at her ok. What...? WHAT. TIME TO DIE MOTHERFUCKER.

Will buy.

What would you say if I said that I find Clementine extremely annoying?

Posting my thoughts from the old thread:

Reluctant-Hero said:
Watching the credits roll now. Man, I really hope that this isn't
leading to Woodbury. We all know how that ends, especially if you've read the books.

That was a nice little piece of content, took me around 75 minutes to complete. Well worth the $5 if you played through season one.

Reflecting more on the DLC, I'd say it's almost essential as it obviously
sets up the personalities of the group as they go into the second season.
I didn't replay any of season one, but I might replay 400 Days to see a different outcome.

It was ok; nice little teaser but I'm not sure if I feel it was worth the $5.

I also wonder what the consequences are with (400 Days spoiler)
who is left at the camp at the end and who goes with the lady in Season 2. My two favorite characters of the DLC stayed at the camp: Shel & Vince

Decent episode guys. Worth 5 bucks if you are a fan and not on the fence. Although I will say that the choices you made in Season 1 is not that significant more of a reference so if you had save issues you should not worry about much.

Guri

How can I buy this from the TellTale website? Can't see a pre-order or something. They'll only let you buy after it's launched? If so, I forsee a very unstable site.

EDIT: Never mind, it's a free download for me. Sorry for not reading that part of the OP!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to play this. Loved the first season (played through it in a single night), so I'll be there as soon as it's released on Steam.

Already purchased this, but any idea how long it is / how much replay value it has?
I'd like to know this too. Plan to finish it in a single session, so I'd like to know if I should wait for the weekend, or I'll be able to do it during the week.

Went through this with my boyfriend last night (we also played all of Season One together!)
and I was definitely on the edge of my seat, great interplay between tension and character development.

Its clear it
is meant to lead into Season 2 though whether or not we see these characters I guess is a matter of opinion. I was kinda bummed we didn't get even a glimpse or tease of Clementine :/

CoolS

Do we know who wrote it?

Quoting Jake from the Season 1 spoiler thread:

The writing team for Season Two is still being sorted, but it'll include a lot of familiar names (and probably some new ones). Gary was on the writing team of 400 Days along with Sean Vanaman, Mark Darin, and Sean Ainsworth.

Already purchased this, but any idea how long it is / how much replay value it has?

1.5-2 hours from what we've heard.

Vexxan

40 minutes left...!

I really hope there won't be any problems with the DLC reading the season 1 save file.

theRizzle

Noooooooooo! I must have uninstalled it from my PC. Hopefully my save is still around.

Can't remember if it cloud saved either.

Roto13

Here's where I'm going to talk about something weird in Bonnie's chapter.

When you accidentally kill Deb or whatever her name was, it makes it look like Bonnie screwed up. But if you miss the QTE, Deb kills you. I thought that was kind of weird. Like Schroedinger's Cat or something. Deb is both your enemy and your ally until you beat her to death or get killed by her.

Top Bottom