• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

FluxWaveZ

The DLC keeps crashing for me when I try to launch it.

Edit: Seems to have stopped doing it after the fifth reboot. Somewhat annoying.

god fucking dammit fuck your buggy shit engine telltale.

I tabbed out on my last chapter and now there's no dialogue playing. Restarting the game doesn't fix it, nothing works.. I'm so pissed right now. Was loving this dlc too

CoolS

Telltale is lucky they earned so much credibility in Season One. Never in any other situation would I pay $5 for an hour long game with zero replayability.

Zero replayability? I will replay this at least once to check out different choices.

On the episode: loved it, though I don't know about me ending yet..
My favourite character Vince didn't go to the camp and if that is important for season 2, I need him there!

Ledsen

Just finished it in about 1h20m... the episodes were at least double that. Very strange. Still, I enjoyed it, if not as much as season 1.

Vexxan

Does "Generate story decisions for skipped episodes?" mean it couldn't load the stuff from my season 1 save? Haven't touched season 1 since I beat it and it's never been uninstalled.

justjim89

Wow, that was really good for what it was. Short, but certainly leaves a lot more threads to pick up for season two.

I will say, the decision in the bus I didn't entirely understand. I thought I was choosing to go with Danny and leave Vincent. It didn't really seem to make clear you were choosing one to be left as bait. I also didn't realize saving Eddie was an option in the part with Wyatt.

I also really thought it was a nice little nod to include the corpse of Carly/Doug in road section. Made me rather sad.

Any other nods to the main game? What did everybody choose? The ones who ended up staying at the camp for me were Russel and the two sisters.

Ledsen

Wow, that was really good for what it was. Short, but certainly leaves a lot more threads to pick up for season two.

I will say, the decision in the bus I didn't entirely understand. I thought I was choosing to go with Danny and leave Vincent. It didn't really seem to make clear you were choosing one to be left as bait.

I also really thought it was a nice little nod to include the corpse of Carly/Doug in road section. Made me rather sad.

Any other nods to the main game? What did everybody choose? The ones who ended up staying at the camp for me were Russel and the two sisters.

Russel and the prisoner guy stayed for me.

Played this before bed last night and overall liked it a lot. Some of the scenes were really clever if a little too short.
i loved the idea of a zombie outbreak while being on stuck in a prison bus, the second the scene started I was like "oh shit that would be a awful place to be stuck." Lol. also the jump scare in the diner when the younger sister jumped out at you got me.

Was very short, I wonder if this was a test to try having multiple playable characters for the second season rather then just one. It would be a great way to ratchet up the tension and have more action per episode then the first season. I really hope that there's a few playable characters at least in season 2.

Plasma

Banned
I could only get
Bonnie to leave the camp, wonder how much this will impact season 2 I hope I'm not just stuck with her. Might have to play it again ....

Kyonashi

So I've played Vince and Wyatt, if I keep going from left to right on the missing persons board will I play the segments chronologically? I'd like to play them in day order.

Just bought this on Steam and the game refuses to boot. Anyone else run into this or know of a work around? It shows me as in game on steam for a few seconds but nothing happens and it sets my status back to Online.

Edit: unplugging my 360 controller dongle made it boot, but you can't play with the controller if you turn it on after the game has already launched. Ugh.

Edit 2: Seems to be a common problem with Windows 8. Needed to drop in a copy of dinput8.dll and now it's working.

For some reason my save for episode 5 isn't complete now. Trying to load the DLC it asks if I want to generate choices and if I load up episode 5 it starts off near the end of the episode. Guess I have to finish the game again...

boingball

IGNs review score is a little bit high for this.

While I enjoyed it, the DLC is very short and splitting it into 5 subchapters makes every story even shorter. The strength of the original game was that you connected with the characters. Here the time you spend with the characters is way to short to connect with any of them.

If we see these characters again in Season 2 then it was at least a nice sneak peak.

Will play through it on my alternate account to make some different choices.

I got everyone to join the woman including Russell.

ok got it working and finished. great stuff. well worth the five dollars.

kinda lame though
Russell and Vince stayed at the camp and they were my two favorite characters. anyone know what I could have done differently? i want them in s2...

BadAss2961

Loading up the DLC now, and as expected it's lost my save again.
First thing i'll do is backup my saves when I boot up my PC again... Losing my season 1 data would ruin the whole thing for me.

Wait, is there a simple way of properly backing up the saves for this game. There's a little confusion after a quick google search.

FluxWaveZ

kinda lame though
Russell and Vince stayed at the camp and they were my two favorite characters. anyone know what I could have done differently? i want them in s2...

Who knows how this will affect season 2, if at all. Hell, it could be that
those that chose to remain at the camp could be the ones you meet instead of those who left.

I completed this recently and had no issues with my saves (results of chapter 5 are still there). However I didn't notice any nods to Episode 1.

Where are the references?

The_Monk

Can't wait to get this on Steam but will have to wait a bit more, however...

Great OT fellow GAFfer, clean and simple, well done! ;) Played all the last Episodes in a long time on Steam and I hope this one is good too! Loved this game, so good.

Kadayi

Banned
Short but sweet. I'm definitely replaying it tomorrow to try out some different things. Good to see that they've introduced some different interactions.
However they need to quit it with the 'hit the moving zombie' QTEs. That one where you have to kick the zombie in the head was really hard to get right because you get hardly any time to centre before it moves again. Same shit like in episode 3 in the railway hut. Give us a few seconds Telltale...

FluxWaveZ

So how do I win rock paper scissors?

I did Paper > Scissors > Scissors to win 2-0.

Players mostly start with rock, so paper counters that. Then scissors because they won't go rock again so they'll either go paper or scissors. If that round ties, go scissors again because the other player will be expecting either paper or rock. That was my mindset, anyways, and it worked!

FluxWaveZ

I had everyone but
Vince. I have no idea what determines who goes with her or stays in the camp.

I was trying to determine what would cause
Vince to stay, but the only real choice you have with him is which leg you shoot. I think dialogue choices impact who leaves the camp significantly.

jediyoshi

Here's my endgame stats

Spoilers: http://i.imgur.com/WS1RD0A.jpg

Didn't realize calling Nate crazy was going to result in leaving him.
Didn't actually lie to Leland, just chose the silence option.
Didn't mean to kill Stephanie, figured the scene would play out longer and we're get additional options from there.

Just had Vince and Shel stay behind, fine with me as long as they're together for now

I was curious about this. Is it even possible to leave the car?

Yes. I did full on rock. Go big or go home.

FluxWaveZ

Here's my endgame stats

Spoilers: http://i.imgur.com/WS1RD0A.jpg

Didn't realize calling Nate crazy was going to result in leaving him.
Didn't actually lie to Leland, just chose the silence option.
Didn't mean to kill Stephanie, figured the scene would play out longer and we're get additional options from there.

Just had Vince and Shel stay behind, fine with me as long as they're together for now

It says that
you were one of those who were honest to Leland.

Didn't think that it would be possible for Shel to stay behind without her sister. I also thought that picking the gun at the end of Shel's chapter might give an opportunity to have more of a choice regarding Stephanie's fate, but that scene made it all too obvious that it was pick one or the other so I had to pick the keys.

Sober

Yeah I'm sure there are a ton of modifiers in each character's story and also
what you say as Tavia that might get them to come.

I don't think Shel/Becca was on board until I said there were children.

Russel seems harder to figure out though, since I left Nate. Doesn't seem very trusting but stuck with this group anyway?

Vince also stayed, not really sure what could be done except prison bus dialogue.

Also curious about the timeline, wasn't paying attention but
is the old couple at the Diner in Russel's story the one that predates Roman/Steph/Shel's group right? Hence the bloodstain on the floor at the start of the diner scene for Shel.

Also I totally don't remember much about Vernon's group but Clive and Roman seemed to know about it. Were they part of the group in season 1 or is there something I'm missing?

Pretty fantastic DLC. I think that's what TTG wanted to do with some of season 1 and have character flashback moments to earlier in the apocalypse or their lives before. Really didn't seem like the S1 crew was really far into the thing, maybe only a few months? 400 days has to be waaaay after episode 5.

Quoting myself from the other topic:

Bought it and played through it in one sitting. Not much interaction (walking and looking / puzzles) as the other chapters, but I liked it still. Most of all, it got me hyped for the 2nd season. And goddamn it looks good on PC after playing the episodes on PS3 and iOS :p

So when does the S2 start?

I just wanna make sure I read the OT correctly, the DLC is free if I bought the whole 1st season ?

If you bought it from the Telltale Store

Top Bottom