• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

evala

Banned
still not shown in the europe psn?!?! how long do we have to wait? anyone has any updates?

EDIT: Found it in the store, but not in the game. Will it work if the other chapters are from the US store?

Mr. RHC

Is there a way to check if 400 days is indeed using the decisions of the previous episodes?

I did reinstall the game with EP1 and 400 days and then there was a prompt to create new (the?) decisions, I clicked yes but now I'm at selection screen for the characters.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Completely unsurprising from this company but how so?

from what I read the retail Version (which was released just recently) is not steam for some reason and DLC is not compatible with it, which is weird and just TT been very lazy as they clearly didn't thought of the other version they've just released, Now Telltales ask those people to take many photos of the disc and booklet and booklet for receipt/invoices and also fill a huge redemption form so they replace it with steam key (for TWD for free and then you buy 400 days), so because of this "oversight" (why they didn't make the retail version a steam key like almost all boxed PC games nowdays) anyone lost their store receipt is screwed and will have to get the steam version.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=810494
http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=811229

Psykoboy2

Ok, I tried again, loaded the Episode 5 save game, I should be good to go now I guess.

You should be, but honestly I only think there is ONE single reference in 400 days that calls back to a decision you made in season 1 - and it isn't that significant, to me anyway.

When the stats screen played it shockingly meant so little. I had forgotten half of their names and didn't really care that someone
stayed in a car or lied to someone
. This DLC was fun, but it really failed at substance in my eyes. I loved the original game though, looooved it.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Some interesting ideas and set-ups, some nice "what if"s but none of the stories are long enough (or at this point important enough) to mean anything.

Vince's story was definitely my favourite, but as with all the vignettes, i'm not sure how much influence it will have down the line, and that's what breaks this for me.

mrkgoo

I just finished this on my iPhone.

It's good, but I felt the choices were a bit more artificially presented. Perhaps it's because they were just small snippets, but it felt like the options were really blatant when in reality I would opt for neither of them.

In the first season the choices felt a bit more natural or they at least hid it better.

Walking Dead is about all those philosophical hypothetical situations you've heard before. Who would you kill? Who would you save? Would you do this and sacrifice that?

It's all wrapped up in a zombie apocalypse, but the thing is Walking Dead does a good job of presenting those situations with some context and emotion that rarely exist when just told to you in a logical sense. Who would you save if one of the people 'deserves' to live more but is a jerk?

It's more natural and realistic when these decisions are more coloured rather than black and white.

400 days loses this a little as the snippets simply aren't long enough to establish the kind of development and connection that is in the longer episodes.

They do make a valiant effort and its clear as day what the motives for the characters are, there's just less finesse and subtlety.

They do make a valiant effort and its clear as day what the motives for the characters are, there's just less finesse and subtlety.

Honestly, when playing the love triangle chapter, I had no idea what was going on. I had options to say things, but I didn't understand if that would make sense to even say.
When you clearly, accidentally kill the woman, it perplexed me that an option was to say you did it on purpose. You didn't do it on purpose. The game makes you do it on accident.

The decisions this time, man.

mrkgoo

Honestly, when playing the love triangle chapter, I had no idea what was going on. I had options to say things, but I didn't understand if that would make sense to even say.
When you clearly, accidentally kill the woman, it perplexed me that an option was to say you did it on purpose. You didn't do it on purpose. The game makes you do it on accident.

The decisions this time, man.
I meant more clear that they did give you a rough idea of the characters and personalities and what they were doing given the short time. I just found that it wasn't long enough to develop real emotion for the characters or decisions.

Like for that segment it was clear they were being chased event though you don't know by whom and what the relationship of the characters were from the outset.

So is
whover you find on the side of the road as Russel
the only thing brought from Season one's choices? It's the only one I noticed but I can't help but feel there'll be stuff in Season 2 which will happen in parallel with some of the events of season one...
It's just that I played the USA BD version of season one on PS3, but will be playing the AUS DLC version of 400 days and season 2...
Since I'm a bit pedantic if I really need to I'll rebuy season 1 on my australian PSN account and play through it again making the same choices...

I replayed Season 1 and now want to do 400 Days again, but when I try to load it from my finished S1 save I just get a black screen. What gives?

EDIT: Apparently my "WalkingDead106" folder had a prefs.prop-file that shouldn't be there. Got rid of it, and the episode loaded fine.

I'm trying to buy this on iOS but I can only download a pack of ep 2-5 plus 400 days (already got ep 2-5), but 400 days separately is listed as unavaiable. How do I buy this?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How can a rock, paper, scissors game be so fucking intense... HAHA!

Tied the first round with Rock (OH SHIT!), Won Scissors > Paper (Fuck Yeah!), then Rock > Scissors (WOO-HOO!)

I don't know what decisions I made but only 3 out of 5 left in the ending =/
2 didn't wanna come, looks like my choices were a bad outcome for them to staying left behind as a good option

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How can a rock, paper, scissors game be so fucking intense... HAHA!

Tied the first round with Rock (OH SHIT!), Won Scissors > Paper (Fuck Yeah!), then Rock > Scissors (WOO-HOO!)

I don't know what decisions I made but only 3 out of 5 left in the ending =/
2 didn't wanna come, looks like my choices were a bad outcome for them to staying left behind as a good option
Good for you, in my case
only 2 went with the woman in the end.

I wonder how that outcome will affect season 2. Will some story arcs be completely removed? Or will those characters be replaced by stock ones that do exactly the same, a la Mass Effect 3?

This has probably already been brought up, but the voice actor who voiced Ben also voiced Justin.

I just noticed it last night after I finished playing through season 1 again, and then played Vince's story in 400 Days. It's funny that Justin's character looks a little like Ben as well.

ShinKagato

Neo Member
So for anyone having issues getting the "coming soon" message on Steam when you previously bought it from Telltale but got the code due to faulty dlc all those months ago, there is a...fix?

So i had bought it from the website, then telltale gave me the steam code because the original game was busted and i played the full thing there. The 400 days stuff came out, i got the email to go get it for free and it wouldnt update on Steam, i had to download the client from Telltale into the same folder that the steam game was stored (think it was steamapps), then i had to run the standalone client, download the content and when i went back into steam the epsiode was available.

Both versions of the game use the same save file and the same dlc packs for content so as long as you are entitled to have 400 days on either version this will work. Your steam achievements will still unlock and you will be able to play the game as normal however, the loading time between the main screen and the chapter selection takes an age now. Just be patient and you can play it fine.

Staab

Finished it yesterday evening.
What a massive disappointment this is, I have no idea why they decided to tell 5 different stories, you have 0 time to get attached or accustomed to the situation.
It's basically a "whack-a-mole" story mode in TWD universe.

Sad and short.

Quick

Banned
Wasn't expecting a long game due to the download size, but I didn't expect each bit to be so short. Literally snippets.

Lingitiz

Finished this today and didn't enjoy it all that much. A lot of the choices felt really contrived and the snippets were too short to care about any of the characters. The ending just seemed like a poor way to tie everything together.

Hopefully season 2 is much better.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hmmm...this was pretty good. It's Walking Dead, after all. I agree with most of the complaints, though. First of all, I felt like I was railroaded into pretty much every key plot point. One might argue that it's no different in the main game, but I would disagree, it had a much stronger illusion of choice. That's definitely a side effect of the short run time for each story. There wasn't room for many variables. I like the idea of playing as multiple characters, but I'd rather see that idea done over the course of a season, instead of a single episode.

I guess I'm mistaken, but I got the impression that this was basically an intro to season 2, and that the people in 400 Days will be the new set of survivors. The ending of the episode seemed like it was set up for something more significant. But maybe they'll just be cameos. We'll see.

JMizzlin

To make space on my 360 HDD I removed Walking Dead EPs 1-5 after finishing. Are my choices tied to my gamer tag or my save file? I don't have anything WD on my HDD and want to play 400 days so badly.

Trigger

To make space on my 360 HDD I removed Walking Dead EPs 1-5 after finishing. Are my choices tied to my gamer tag or my save file? I don't have anything WD on my HDD and want to play 400 days so badly.

Save file. Just choose to let the game generate a few choices. I was in the same situation and still enjoyed the DLC.

I'm playing through this ATM, alt tabbed to post this. How long until the next chapters come out? I'm loving this so far but I really miss the original cast =\ Wow, entire thing took an hour at the most.

Bladenic

Shiiiiiiit I accidentally chose to
shoot Danny's ankle off. I wanted to go with him not Justin. Damn :( might redo
at least before 2 comes out.

Sami+

Just finished. It was... okay, I guess. I liked Vince and Russell's stories (mostly because of Nate, who I thought was really likable) the most, while the other ones I was just neutral on or flat-out disliked. I didn't really care very much about the characters at all, and that... kind of has me worried, to be honest.

Hopefully they grow on me, but as it is, I don't find them to be a very likable bunch.

Bladenic

Yeah it was okay. Obviously just a quick intro to the characters, but not sure that it fits the game, story, or world. I got
all five of the characters to go with the woman. Kind of boring lol

I'm missing the Rock Paper Scissors trophy and I doubt I'll try again to get it lmao

jokkir

Late bump but it's $2.50 on Steam now until tomorrow morning with the main game as well
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

Anyway, I just beat the game and it was short like what people said but I still enjoyed it.

What do you think happened to
Roman
and when did
Russel's story happen exactly? After Roman left the truck stop or before because there's the old people there too

Late bump but it's $2.50 on Steam now until tomorrow morning with the main game as well
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

Anyway, I just beat the game and it was short like what people said but I still enjoyed it.

What do you think happened to
Roman
and when did
Russel's story happen exactly? After Roman left the truck stop or before because there's the old people there too

Before. If I recall, one of the
'guard dogs' in that part of the story is the old woman who that crazy guy shot.

No_Style

I just wrapped up 400 Days DLC. I really enjoyed it. I was surprised how quickly I was able to immerse myself into each of the stories. I also liked the rapid pace of each. It was the perfect holdover for the upcoming season.

Top Bottom