• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

Psykoboy2

So, we can play any of the stories in any order, but do our decisions made in one story carry over to the next character we play? Does it even work like that?

Jhoan

I deleted all the Season 1 episodes but have all the data from each episode. Is it best to re-download Episode 1 or Episode 5 so it could read it? Or does it not matter which Episode I download because it will still read the data? I apologize if that sounds confusing.

Kyonashi

Just realised I played TWD on my Macbook, not my PC. How easy is it to transfer my files over from my MBP to the PC and keep all my choices?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
If you bought Season 1 of The Walking Dead on the Telltale store, 400 Days will be a free download.

Woohoo!

Edit: Never mind, I bought mine on Steam and didn't qualify. Farewell five bucks, I barely knew ye

Guys, really, don't worry too much about making sure your saves transfer to the DLC. I only saw one moment where a choice from the main five episodes had an impact, and it wasn't that big.

Aww

Roto13

Guys, really, don't worry too much about making sure your saves transfer to the DLC. I only saw one moment where a choice from the main five episodes had an impact, and it wasn't that big.

Now, I have no idea what that means for Season 2, but it's not really important in the short term.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Was this in 2.0 sound channels for anyone else? (PS3) I coulda sworn the other episodes were 5.1 for sure!

Great little episode, I wonder if it will be these same people with you in Season 2

Stupid question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to but am going to bother asking anyway because maybe, just maybe it's possible... Is there any way to transfer 360 saves to PC à la the Skyrim method or something similar? I ended up buying Season 1 on my 360 during one of the MS sales last year because the entire thing was like $8, but I pretty much only play on PC these days and really don't want to either continue 400 days and then Season 2 on console, or replay the entirety of the first season on PC.

JustinBB7

I bought it on steam but haven't launched the game yet. Where are the saves located so I can back them up before I launch? Reading all this shit about it breaking again is not making me very happy. (mostly for season 2)

So, we can play any of the stories in any order, but do our decisions made in one story carry over to the next character we play? Does it even work like that?

No they don't carry over to the next character.
The game is at most an hour long. People who play between 1.5 and 2 hours are messing around. There is hardly anything to interact with unfortunately or dialogues.

Now, I have no idea what that means for Season 2, but it's not really important in the short term.

It is just reference at best. Which is nice of course when it happens but I want something more deep than Telltale has promised or given us so far. I just fear it is going to feel as meaningless as in the first season.

justjim89

Yeah not sure how to play this. Clicked away from the install prompt on the store page because it wasn't working, and now it's not showing up in my inventory. Booted up the game and it still says "Coming soon" in the episode listing. Do we wait for a patch?

Kerub

Banned
Yeah not sure how to play this. Clicked away from the install prompt on the store page because it wasn't working, and now it's not showing up in my inventory. Booted up the game and it still says "Coming soon" in the episode listing. Do we wait for a patch?

Same thing for me and a lot of posters here.

Maybe it will be patched during 2014.

Kyonashi

I imagine we're waiting for Telltale/Steam to flip a switch and just make it available.

Here's where I'm going to talk about something weird in Bonnie's chapter.

When you accidentally kill Deb or whatever her name was, it makes it look like Bonnie screwed up. But if you miss the QTE, Deb kills you. I thought that was kind of weird. Like Schroedinger's Cat or something. Deb is both your enemy and your ally until you beat her to death or get killed by her.

I was wondering about that. Also do you know what happens if
you're truthful about bopping her with the pipe?

Nice job on the OP, Kyonashi.

Can't wait to play this! I guess I'll play off my 'good' Lee first, then play it again with 'indifferent dick' Lee to see how much is affected.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

Bonnie Episode Spoiler
The guy says he cant believe it and you tell him again that it was an accident and you hit her thinking she was a bad guy. He says i believe you but he just cant believe it happened. He wasn't really angry but was shocked

Not much happens honestly as I did that.
He is shocked but he says he believes what you say that it was an accident. Some of the most gruesome choices such as either escaping with Shel and her sister or killing Jessica is very uneventful. I chose to escape but I looked up online and I expected them to at least show you confronting Jessica but it just shows that Shel walks away from the van and cuts from there

BigAT

Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer a Walking Dead save from 360 to PC? I know it's probably a long shot, but I was able to do it with a Mass Effect save (although it wasn't an especially simple process).

Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer a Walking Dead save from 360 to PC? I know it's probably a long shot, but I was able to do it with a Mass Effect save (although it wasn't an especially simple process).

This. I have the same question but spent two paragraphs explaining because derp.

Roto13

storafötter;67956121 said:
No they don't carry over to the next character.
The game is at most an hour long. People who play between 1.5 and 2 hours are messing around. There is hardly anything to interact with unfortunately or dialogues.

Messing around? Do you think we're running around in circles in the rare occasions where we're given the option to move?

Messing around? Do you think we're running around in circles in the rare occasions where we're given the option to move?

Well there are open spaces in the game you can walk around that is not interactive. But I was disappointed at how short it lasted. Played it a few hours ago. I guess I was exaggerating with the messing around but things went very fast.

Roto13

storafötter;67962371 said:
Well there are open spaces in the game you can walk around that is not interactive. But I was disappointed at how short it lasted. Played it a few hours ago.

There's like two. Nobody spent an hour in those two spaces.

justjim89

Telltale is lucky they earned so much credibility in Season One. Never in any other situation would I pay $5 for an hour long game with zero replayability.

Top Bottom