• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

multivac

But what did she steal? And seems strange that anyone other than Roman in that group would go guns blazing after an old woman

In Shel's chapter they mention something about a bunch of medicine being stolen after they mention one of the flashlights being left in the cornfield, so I assumed that's what was in the bag.

N2NOther

Banned
I absolutely loved season 1. Loved the characters and the decisions.

That said, I didn't like 400 Days very much. I didn't mind Vince, Wyatt and Shel but Russell and Bonnie were awful. None or this stories were very good either.

I just don't think the format works well for that short of a time.

I absolutely loved season 1. Loved the characters and the decisions.

That said, I didn't like 400 Days very much. I didn't mind Vince, Wyatt and Shel but Russell and Bonnie were awful. None or this stories were very good either.

I just don't think the format works well for that short of a time.

Why no love for Rus, I actually felt the most attachment to him as a character.

Done. That was a special episode indeed the thing is it was short unfortunately.

Alot of questions that needs to be answered. Excited for season 2 no doubt!

and yeah, those were my decisions in the game:

Shot Justin, Got out of the car, left Nate, lied to Leland, and killed Stephanie.

kaskade

I guess this will have an affect on season 2 but it seems crazy to start it out with so many options (who stays and who goes). Unless they really don't play a big part in season 2 and it's just a set up for the camp.

jim2011

so everyone's hoping
Tavia's actually a fucker and the whole camp is planning on killing the shit out of the people that go with or something, right?

Woodbury, Woodbury, Woodbury!

That's my hope.

Edit: Damn, not possible according the Walking Dead timeline. It would have happened prior to the 400th day.

border

I guess this will have an affect on season 2 but it seems crazy to start it out with so many options (who stays and who goes). Unless they really don't play a big part in season 2 and it's just a set up for the camp.

Have you played Season 1? Your decisions won't have much if any effect on the overall stories.

They will find a way to get all 5 main characters to the camp, or they will make all the characters from 400 Days minor characters in Season 2, so nobody's absence messes up anything.

The realization that came from Season 1 was "Your choices will not create major story branches." It's a little weird to play 400 Days knowing that. In some ways it makes you really not care that much about your choices, but in other ways it allows you to play more honestly and experimentally. You can stick with your gut instead of playing politics or sucking up to people, and know that it won't screw you over. My only major gripe with 400 Days was that there are sometimes choices where the consequences are not really clear (Wyatt leaving his friend) and the choice where you are forced to kill Dee.

Krilekk

Banned
Nope. He always parts ways with Russ. He'll be a great antagonist in season 2 if they go that route.

I stayed with him. He kills the old couple and says something like "don't worry, you're with me now". I didn't hide, didn't call the walker anything but a 5, didn't drink bis booze, went first while he had to cover me and fired two shots while he ran to cover. Oh and I jumped the shooter instead of sneaking up. Must've impressed him.

Have you played Season 1? Your decisions won't have much if any effect on the overall stories.

They will find a way to get all 5 main characters to the camp, or they will make all the characters from 400 Days minor characters in Season 2, so nobody's absence messes up anything.

The realization that came from Season 1 was "Your choices will not create major story branches." It's a little weird to play 400 Days knowing that. In some ways it makes you really not care that much about your choices, but in other ways it allows you to play more honestly and experimentally. You can stick with your gut instead of playing politics or sucking up to people, and know that it won't screw you over. My only major gripe with 400 Days was that there are sometimes choices where the consequences are not really clear (Wyatt leaving his friend) and the choice where you are forced to kill Dee.

I think everyone goes into games now thinking they will/should have story choices that affect things ala The Witcher.

TWD's choices affected things, but on a very subtle level.

Sadist

Just played it, it was "fun".

Lol, only got Bonnie and Shell to come with me, I want them all. Replay time.

Btw, is it me or was I the only one who smirked that Vernon got left behind and became zombie chowder? For all the flack Kenny got in S1, I still felt sorry for him that Vernon took of with the boat. Kenny's Karma, whatcha gonna do.

About the game itself; I really liked the opening. I liked the fact that the game started in Macon and Vince is obviously Glen's brother. I shot Justin, because his attitude stunk. Russel's chapter was a bit meh, except for the part where you find the rotting remains of Carly/Doug. Wyat was pretty cool as well. Fuck Nate hard. Bonnie chapter was pretty brutal.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Apparently my save for Episode 5 disappeared...do the previous episode's choices play a big enough part to warrant me going back and playing through it again?

Moofers

Enjoyable, but just like the first season, the writing is pretty spotty at times.

Regarding Vince's chapter:

Didn't care for the way the game presented you with the option of shooting one guy in the ankle. This was an example of how the idea I have is not available, and instead I get two options that I wouldn't have used. Seems kind of stupid that a point blank shotgun blast wouldn't break a chain link.

Regarding the guy with the glasses in the car:

The rock,paper,scissors thing was so forced. It was obvious you had to get out of the car so they could split you up. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't just back up the car or go together. Another example where the dumbest option is the only one available.

Again, not bad and certainly a good primer for Season 2, but after playing TLOU, the shoddy writing really sticks out.

ugh, i need to have all episodes installed and played through? it cant just recognize an old savefile to use the story decisions? :( i'm too lazy to play through the whole game a second time...

imBask

Banned
Regarding the guy with the glasses in the car:

The rock,paper,scissors thing was so forced. It was obvious you had to get out of the car so they could split you up. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't just back up the car or go together. Another example where the dumbest option is the only one available.

Again, not bad and certainly a good primer for Season 2, but after playing TLOU, the shoddy writing really sticks out.

what do you mean?

I didn't get out of the car, the other guy did

Jake

ugh, i need to have all episodes installed and played through? it cant just recognize an old savefile to use the story decisions? :( i'm too lazy to play through the whole game a second time...

I believe you just need a save and ep 1 installed but I'm not sure.

I believe you just need a save and ep 1 installed but I'm not sure.

yep, just noticed that the PS3 version has 2 files for Episode 1, the trial and an unlock file, and you need both for the save file to be recognized :p
usually the unlock/buy data is within the game install data/save data or my account settings or something.

edit: and atleast this is still as buggy as the main game, crashed already! :D

Really enjoyed this DLC... but felt pretty damn short? I thought it was a joke when I completed Bonnie's chapter (started with it) cause it was over so fast. Felt sad when
I saw Doug rotting away in Russell's chapter

Really enjoyed this DLC... but felt pretty damn short? I thought it was a joke when I completed Bonnie's chapter (started with it) cause it was over so fast. Felt sad when
I saw Doug rotting away in Russell's chapter

in regards to your spoiler:
it was doug for you? was Carly for me. You're talking about when you first see the truck coming down the road and you hid from it, right?

in regards to your spoiler:
it was doug for you? was Carly for me. You're talking about when you first see the truck coming down the road and you hid from it, right?

Yeah, when you hide from the car. It was Doug for me. I decided to save him in season 1, since I figured Carly would shoot the zombie grabbing her bceause she had a gun... lol whatever Carly

Also... how do you
Make them all come with Tavia? Just saw on tumblr that some people got everyone to go with her. In my game Russell and Vince stayed at the camp

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I stayed with him. He kills the old couple and says something like "don't worry, you're with me now". I didn't hide, didn't call the walker anything but a 5, didn't drink bis booze, went first while he had to cover me and fired two shots while he ran to cover. Oh and I jumped the shooter instead of sneaking up. Must've impressed him.

He still parts ways, as he isn't there at the campfire with Russell. I had the same ending with him as you did.

Ricker

Pretty sweet so far and it looks like I did the story with the less action so far(Becca)...doing Bonnie now and I am stuck with the controls...what does it mean/or you have to do(on the 360) when the marker is red....just tap A or A and down if the action icon is at the bottom?...because nothing is working and I keep dying...I will spoiler with more detail if no one knows what I am talking about...

Ricker

Maybe it's a hold?

Hold was just before that... Bonnie story possible spoilers
it's the part in the cornfield,after she grabs the weapon from the ground and she is hiding behind a car and she has to hit the guy coming over...the up down left right icon is red and the hand sign is on the bottom(down)

Yeah, when you hide from the car. It was Doug for me. I decided to save him in season 1, since I figured Carly would shoot the zombie grabbing her bceause she had a gun... lol whatever Carly

Also... how do you
Make them all come with Tavia? Just saw on tumblr that some people got everyone to go with her. In my game Russell and Vince stayed at the camp

My first play through I didn't have Vince go with me. Russell went both times for me after I chose the "You may know people that you got separated from at our camp." dialog. Vince was chomping at the bit wanting to come with me the second time when I killed Danny instead of Justin, so I'm assuming that's how you get Vince to go along....kill Danny instead of Justin.

Sadist

I don't think
Glen has a brother
Looking up Glenn's history, it only mentions his parents.

But, because it's in Macon and he mentioned that his little brother got in way too deep with shady stuff, I assumed Glenn is his little brother. He was born and raised in Macon and got into car thefts. At a certain point, his financial problems got way too big and he "almost lost everything" according to the comic. Sounds pretty similar to the story Vince told.

Or another plausible explanation would be that Vince's little brother was a part of the same gang as Glenn.

Got all the characters to tag along with the woman-recruiter. A few characters were quite suspicious of the proposal but decided to come along, nonetheless.

Looking up Glenn's history, it only mentions his parents.

But, because it's in Macon and he mentioned that his little brother got in way too deep with shady stuff, I assumed Glenn is his little brother. He was born and raised in Macon and got into car thefts. At a certain point, his financial problems got way too big and he "almost lost everything" according to the comic. Sounds pretty similar to the story Vince told.

Or another plausible explanation would be that Vince's little brother was a part of the same gang as Glenn.

Definitely plausible, but I would assume it would have talked about it more in depth in the comic. Who knows, they could always do a tie-in.

Jake

No relation to Glen other than he shares the same face skeleton and base cafial animation for cost saving reasons. Sorry guys!

Unless that's awesome and tracks perfectly in which case, cool.

Ricker

Finally got the Bonnie QTE,not sure what I was doing wrong,did the exact same thing almost everytime...now same type of thing is happening in Wyatt's story...I think maybe my wired controller is starting to not register some hits properly...I do exactly what it wants but it's not working...so so so tired of QTE but it looks like they are here to stay,I'll change controller and keep trying I guess...

Heh, just noticed Boyd's voice in Episode 4 is totally different than 400 Days. Guess it was such a minor role that probably most people never heard in episode 4.

Ricker

Okay just finished it...like many ,my only complaint was that it was a little short for 5 bucks but I liked it...one thing is bothering me though...after the ending,where you see the survey with the results of what people decided,there is another screen after....spoiler for this question about that result:

How come when they are talking with Tavia in my ending,everyone decides to go with her,they all raise their hands,Vince first even and in the result screen it says that Vince stayed at the camp....? or was that a result of what most people got again...?

Trigger

Okay just finished it...like many ,my only complaint was that it was a little short for 5 bucks but I liked it...one thing is bothering me though...after the ending,where you see the survey with the results of what people decided,there is another screen after....spoiler for this question about that result:

How come when they are talking with Tavia in my ending,everyone decides to go with her,they all raise their hands,Vince first even and in the result screen it says that Vince stayed at the camp....? or was that a result of what most people got again...?

More than likely a bug at work. I've seen this complaint a few times.

Tacitus_

Also... how do you

This is how I got them all to come:
Shoot the rapist, say that there might be people they know in the camp (also didn't stick around with crazy-eyes with Russel) - this also gets you the pothead, drive away instead of executing your friend, and lied with Bonnie).

Psykoboy2

This is how I got them all to come:
Shoot the rapist, say that there might be people they know in the camp (also didn't stick around with crazy-eyes with Russel) - this also gets you the pothead, drive away instead of executing your friend, and lied with Bonnie).

Truth with Bonnie
works as well.

Also...you a CoG'er, Tacitus?

Psykoboy2

I don't think so? I don't recognize that acronym.

No worries. I do a radio show/podcast and we've gotten emails with that name before. I'd never seen it used anywhere else so that was my point in asking. Anyway, back to the discussion, sorry for the momentary derail.

raindoc

taking the risk that this has been asked before:

What is the difference between the Digital- and the Blu Ray-Version (Playstation-Store)?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Holy crap, Telltales completely fucked the DLC for every poor soul who bought TWD retail version, the situation is a complete and utter mess.

Top Bottom