• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

Just beat it. ending question:

what exactly are they using to decide who goes with Tavia and who stays?

loved it, btw. dem decisions, brutal

Trigger

Just beat it. ending question:

what exactly are they using to decide who goes with Tavia and who stays?

loved it, btw. dem decisions, brutal

So far it seems:

Vince = whether you choose to kill Justin or Danny (Saving Justin is the "correct" choice if you want him to leave with Tavia)

Shel= Leaving the group or killing Stephanie (I believe running from Roman always leads to her following Tavia)

Wyatt = Leaving Eddie behind or being left behind by Eddie (ditching Eddie seems to be the "correct" choice if you want him to follow Tavia)

Bonnie = She always goes it seems. I haven't read of anyone not having her leave.

Russel = Tavia using the line about "finding someone you know."

I think that's it, but I may be wrong.

^Thanks, guys. As for who and what for me:

Bonnie and Wyatt went with Tavia. The other 3 stayed at the camp but I wanted them all to go

one of my XBL buddies signed on during this and the notification covered up the dialogue options for me. Wouldn't be a problem normally but responses are timed! I went with the bottom choice and when it was spoken out loud I immediately regretted it

Tavia: What are we gonna do, eat you?

Wok

one of my XBL buddies signed on during this and the notification covered up the dialogue options for me. Wouldn't be a problem normally but responses are timed! I went with the bottom choice and when it was spoken out loud I immediately regretted it.

Ahah, I have done this one on purpose.

So far it seems:

Vince = whether you choose to kill Justin or Danny (Saving Justin is the "correct" choice if you want him to leave with Tavia)

Shel= Leaving the group or killing Stephanie (I believe running from Roman always leads to her following Tavia)

Wyatt = Leaving Eddie behind or being left behind by Eddie (ditching Eddie seems to be the "correct" choice if you want him to follow Tavia)

Bonnie = She always goes it seems. I haven't read of anyone not having her leave.

Russel = Tavia using the line about "finding someone you know."

I think that's it, but I may be wrong.

Shel comes with if you killed Stephanie if you have Tavia mention "people of all ages". And I think Wyatt is swayed with the "people you know" line if you were ditched by Eddie.

Trigger

^ Ah, I see. I'm just trying to piece together what's been said and what I've seen since I doubt we'll get something official from TT anytime soon.

Tavia: What are we gonna do, eat you?

I chose this line and laughed out loud at it. A cute comic/season 1 reference.

So, finally had a chance to give this a try and...there isn't even anything under Game Data Utility, because I've never played it on this PS3 before...lol.

So...I guess I'll just delete everything and try again. :( Thanks for trying to help though.

Oh, yeah, right...

Yeah, that is the only other solution I can think off. Don't think the PS3 has some system cache or something that can help, but I'm not very experienced with the PS3.

And if that does not work you might need to try consumer support or something. But since The Walking Dead is known to be a bit buggy it might be a problem with the game.

I wonder if:

RUSSELL AND WYATT SPOILERS!

Nate was the one following Wyatt and Eddie?

Yes. If you stay in the car then you can clearly see Nate attacking Wyatt. If you leave the car the you can still hear Nate's voice as Eddie peels out. The truck is the same too.

Finished it last night. Thought it was good, although very short compared to previous episodes. At least 2 of the stories felt no more than 5 minutes long and the others felt stretched out somewhat.

Still enjoyed it, but I definitely think it could have been longer or focused on fewer characters and given them some needed depth.

Having 5 brief storylines makes it shallow. I'm not connected to these characters. What would feel like a tough decision in the main game has absolutely no weight in 400 days.

voting for killing Stephanie or killing the intruder...who gives a fuck? Becca is no clementine and I don't even know Stephanie

Real afterthought, this dlc is. Ps3 version fucking chugs along, too.

Wok

Having 5 brief storylines makes it shallow. I'm not connected to these characters.

As a player, choosing between
killing and fleeing
has nothing to do with knowing the person. The matter is, what kind of mother do you want to be, what matters more,
education and morality for your child or safety for your child

bs000

Yes. If you stay in the car then you can clearly see Nate attacking Wyatt. If you leave the car the you can still hear Nate's voice as Eddie peels out. The truck is the same too.

When Nate
picks his ear in Russell's chapter, you can see a cut on his hand. If you won rock, paper, scissors in Wyatt's story, you can see the exact moment Nate gets the cut.
I made a video showing that and anything else I could find connecting the characters between each story.

SPOILERS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tyzxbH-nA

Let me know what you think. Also apologies for the less than stellar mic quality.

Salsa

Finished. It was fantastic.

I really loved the multiple stories approach and it left me wishing they do more of that with Season 2. Thankfully the ending suggest that it might be the case?

It's also pretty impressive how they manage to engage you with each story in so little time. Enjoyed it more than some of the season 1 episodes.

Decisions/Outcomes screenshots, so SPOILERS:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/612770821103203517/9D08B758F3D564AC9B643F1EEE1B887718F90B56/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/612770821103204852/ECB682AB1F7B8CEAAA3B29D7832EA3A63E914715/

surprised by the 25% on that decisions in the first screen. Bunch of pussies :p

really cant wait for S2

Finished this a few days ago.
Is it possible to stay with Nate? I died everytime I was in the car. Funny how a game of rock, paper and scissors determines who gets out of the car.

Has there been any word on whether or not the Walking Dead / 400 Days pack for Vita will be sold at retail? I use a Japanese account on my Vita, and I own the PS3 version, but I wouldn't think twice about picking this up.

Trigger

Is it possible to stay with Nate? I died everytime I was in the car. Funny how a game of rock, paper and scissors determines who gets out of the car.

Nope. He always parts ways with Russ. He'll be a great antagonist in season 2 if they go that route.

Salsa

so everyone's hoping
Tavia's actually a fucker and the whole camp is planning on killing the shit out of the people that go with or something, right?

Arkanius

My opinion:

Good DLC, a bit expensive in my opinion for the content it added, but anyway, not debating that right now.
I loved the stories, but some really needed more time to flesh themselves.
Vince's, Wyatt and Bonnie stories were a bit weak and finished too quickly. I think they didn't really flesh out the characters, and didn't make me care for them.
Russel and Shell's were my favorites, because they felt like the previous episodes of Walking Dead and gave us a little bit more time to get to know the characters, and with interesting dialog choices. I think all the other episodes missed it. I literally didn't understand why Wyatt was being chased, what they did previously and who was the other guy that was with him in the car. And I really doubt this will be covered in Season 2.

The Epilogue was ok and I found it interesting that all the previous consequences carried on the choice of who left for the big camp and who did not, it was interesting if this carried some consequence to Season 2 as who composed the group, but too many variables and it would probably make for a shallow depth in all the possible paths that could be created from that single event.

Long story short, good episode, bit short, a decent introduction to the new group, can't wait for Season 2

Trigger

^^^Spoiler tags pls

so everyone's hoping
Tavia's actually a fucker and the whole camp is planning on killing the shit out of the people that go with or something, right?

Whaaaa? no

I think the camp has it issues, but it won't be very violent. It would be weird to have this DLC as a tie-in to season 2 if they're all just going to get killed.

Salsa

^^^Spoiler tags pls

Whaaaa? no

I think the camp has it issues, but it won't be very violent. It would be weird to have this DLC as a tie-in to season 2 if they're all just going to get killed.

I think it'd be the fucking best

honestly, it almost seemed kinda obvious they'd go that route from the moment it started and it forced you to convince them so much. It'd be a neat trick.
You dooming them while thinking you were helping them

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah I stayed with Nate no idea what the hell I did, I even pulled a gun on him at one point LOL

When Nate
picks his ear in Russell's chapter, you can see a cut on his hand. If you won rock, paper, scissors in Wyatt's story, you can see the exact moment Nate gets the cut.
I made a video showing that and anything else I could find connecting the characters between each story.

SPOILERS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tyzxbH-nA

Let me know what you think. Also apologies for the less than stellar mic quality.

That was pretty awesome. There were a couple connections there that I hadn't caught. I like how you edited it as well. Nicely done, sir!

As a player, choosing between
killing and fleeing
has nothing to do with knowing the person. The matter is, what kind of mother do you want to be, what matters more,
education and morality for your child or safety for your child

Yeah, I get that this is the goal but since we knew these characters for 60 seconds before this decision it falls flat imo.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Just beat it. I had a good experience but I suppose I did 'poorly,' I only got two at the end! I want all for S2 file, so I guess replay time tomorrow.

That will completely override if I Rewind right? Just want to make sure that's the data that carries over when I get all of them

I think it'd be the fucking best

honestly, it almost seemed kinda obvious they'd go that route from the moment it started and it forced you to convince them so much. It'd be a neat trick.
You dooming them while thinking you were helping them

I would love for the people that
went to the camp to get offed at the beginning of season 2 and instead you play as the group that stayed behind. One, because I think it's crap that people game the game to get everyone rather than just play the story and live with the consequences. Two, because that would be another great kick in the teeth twist and my favorites stayed behind anyways.

Salsa

went to the camp to get offed at the beginning of season 2 and instead you play as the group that stayed behind. One, because I think it's crap that people game the game to get everyone rather than just play the story and live with the consequences. Two, because that would be another great kick in the teeth twist and my favorites stayed behind anyways.

yup pretty much

Roto13

That would be awesome.

Psykoboy2

Hard to tell what will matter and what won't.

400 Days is direct DLC for Season 1 and it had all of two references to that season. And only one of those references called back to a decision you'd made.

Makes me wonder how much of 400 Days will make its way into Season 2. It certainly feels like
taking these people to the camp
is what you are supposed to do, but after seeing the integration of Season 1 decisions...I don't know that it will matter all that much.

Wok

Ah, weird. The achievement and conversation in the car kinda point at it but I guess not.

Vince's story happens before Russel's story, so it would not make sense that Nate is
alive and not injured with Russel while you can shoot the prisoner in the leg
with Vince.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Just beat it, awesome episode!
Me too. I thought it was a fantastic piece of DLC, especially considering it's really just five short stories that connect at the end.

A problem I had with the latter episodes in Season 1 was the gameplay segments became infrequent. I thought this had a good balance of narrative and "action". I feel really confident about the next season. I'll be buying the season pass without a doubt.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
On my replay, just noticed the flashlight line in Shel's story.... Are
they the ones chasing the other characters through the cornfields!?? That Dee steals from and ends up getting killed over? Chasing them seems like something Roman would do

Crazy if true

Dmax3901

On my replay, just noticed the flashlight line in Shel's story.... Are
they the ones chasing the other characters through the cornfields!?? That Dee steals from and ends up getting killed over? Chasing them seems like something Roman would do

Crazy if true

Of course! You even hear/see them in the cornfields during Bonnie's episode.

Top Bottom