• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

Tunic

Any indication when the third episode is out? Should be in the next few weeks right?

Hopefully we will hear something this week or better yet they release it. Definitely excited to play the next episode. I want to find out more about
the abandoned car and who was driving it and where they vanished to.

Ricker

Just got episode 2 last week and I had a small update after...the game doesn't have the stuttering that some of you guys mentionned was worst then the first episode so I guess they patched it?...anyway,loving it so far...

EDIT: on the 360.

Trigger

Just got episode 2 last week and I had a small update after...the game doesn't have the stuttering that some of you guys mentionned was worst then the first episode so I guess they patched it?...anyway,loving it so far...

EDIT: on the 360.

Beat it and then join us in the spoiler thread.

Tunic

Telltale updated their Facebook page for The Walking Dead game overnight with info on release dates. Here is what they said:

IT'S OFFICIAL! The Walking Dead: Episode Three – Long Road Ahead will release Tuesday, August 28th on PlayStation Network in North America for $4.99 or as part of the Season Pass option for $19.99 which includes all five episodes. The episode will also be available on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday, August 29th for 400 MS Points as DLC within the original The Walking Dead XBLA release, and also on PC/MAC as part of a Season Pass on the Telltale Games Store, as well as through our partners on Steam, Origin, Amazon PC Downloads, GameStop, and GameFly. European and international release dates for PlayStation Network are still to be confirmed. The title is in submission with our international partners at SCEE, and as soon as Telltale Games receives a release confirmation, a date will be announced.

The Walking Dead: Episode Two – Starved for Help will also be available this Wednesday, August 29th on iOS as an in-app purchase within 'Walking Dead: The Game' for $4.99 or as part of the Multi-Pack bundle that includes episodes 2-5 for 14.99, a 25% savings versus buying all the episodes individually.

15 minutes into EP3.
Shot the girl; didn't seem right to let her suffer. Also, fuck Kenny.

Edit:
Carley :( Didn't see that coming... damn

Tunic

I downloaded the game this morning from XBLA. Just have to get through a day of work and then I can play. 6 more hours to go...can't...wait.

RPGCrazied

Damn. I lost
4 people in this episode, but gained 2 at the end of this episode.

Will defiantly play over when all 5 episodes are out.

Anyone playing this on Mac? My cousin can't get episode 2 to download through Steam, seems to be a fairly common problem according to the Telltale forums. Anyone know of a workaround?

Just finished it. Better than EP2 I'd say.

Major spoilers:

It's certainly much more depressing... I'm amazed TT killed off so many characters in this episode. So many suprising twists and turns: I mean, obviously once you realised Duck was bitten in was inevitable he was going to be dealt with one way or another, but Kat's suicide was just stunningly sad and completely out of nowhere :( And you have to applaud TT's handling of Duck's death. Powerful stuff. I naturally chose to do the deed myself - couldn't let Kenny do it, especially after what just happened moments before. Still my GOTY and can't wait to see what EP4 has in store.

Necrovex

Man, I love Telltales's incompetence at times. Won't recognize my save files, and I have to work around an error. Looks like I'll have to replay through the game again. Never buying a TT product at full price again!

Here's the poster you'll get if you come to the PAX panel tomorrow. Only 550 made!

YT0Oa.png

Got it on XBLA, loaded my savefile with ep. 2 done, selected ep. 3. but who knows why ep. 1 got loaded in its stead and my savefile got replaced with the new one.

Now every time I try to start ep. 3 I get back to the beginning of ep. 1.
Fuck this life.

LilZippa

Love this series and third one really reminded me that the setting is still there. My technical flub was right at the end. As the decision stuff came up
to jump off the overpass
my controls were switched to from keyboard and mouse to the controller which was tuked away, but still conected. I was so thrown off that I didn't get the button pushed in time and
the new guy broke his leg
. I was kinda mad about that.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Downloaded and completed Episode 3 today and all of my disappointment at Episode 2 has been forgiven. Episode 3 was a delight to play. So good.

This episode was almost as awesome as the first. I was honestly surprised given the garbage of Episode 2.

There were a few moments where I was pretty shocked. Kept me on edge the rest of the way and the pacing was great.

One thing I noticed was that since update 1.02 it runs a little smoother but the cut scenes are a lot more prone to glitches. I can't count how many times I was talking to close ups of peoples torso's or objects in the background would cover up 90% of the screen. Never happened before.

Is there a way for Doug not to die? If I knew I would have killed that piece of shit Ben myself.

So many deaths in this Episode.

Atruvius

Audίoboxer;41747427 said:
Sony are royally fucking the EU again on this one...

PS blog guy said it would probably be releasing next week, and not to get one's hopes up. So ... releasing the week after next?!

Should have bought the PC version, I'm just so fed up.

Sotha Sil

PS blog guy said it would probably be releasing next week, and not to get one's hopes up. So ... releasing the week after next?!

Should have bought the PC version, I'm just so fed up.

Yep. I ended up buying the PC version during a Steam sale. Joke's on me, but ah well.

Jintor

Holy shit. Just finished Episode 2. My brain is all over the shop. I saw it coming but it was still god damn heavy shit.

Only problem - massive engine hitching near the finale. Dramatic moments ruined by engine pausing. Any tips anybody? PC version.

Jintor

Just finished the first episode and really loved it, hope it stays of this quality the whole way through. But yeah
fuck that old motherfucker, i want to smash his head in. Also lol, saw I was one of the only 21% that saved Doug, you just want your sexy time with that woman! Should never have saved Duck though, that boys brain might be more rotten than the zombies

lol

I'm about half way through episode 3 and felt compelled to post about how absolutely superb this game is.

The writing is so beyond anything I've experienced in a video game.

clear31

Question for those playing the XBLA version

I just played episode 2 and it seems to just freeze for a few seconds at times and it doesnt freeze entirely but it ruins the experience for me a bit. I havent noticed this issue with the first episode of the series and no other games are giving me any issues.

Anyone else have issues with episode 2???

edit:

reading through the thread, guess i wasnt the only one

DonMigs85

Guys, I got episode 1 and 2 free on PS+ and really wanna get Ep. 3, but is there any chance the next bunch of episodes could also be offered free in the future?

Trigger

Guys, I got episode 1 and 2 free on PS+ and really wanna get Ep. 3, but is there any chance the next bunch of episodes could also be offered free in the future?

I really don't think so. There's just two left, and I assume the idea is to entice you to actually buy the others and stay a member of PS+.

Top Bottom