• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

Z_Y

You, sir, are a winner! Before I PM you the code, I just want to check, what iOS device(s) (specific generations) do you have?

This is first thing I have ever won on the internet! And in only just a shade over 15 years at that. Awesome!

In the household we have an iPad 3, an iPhone 4, and two iPod 4Gs.

Thanks Gary!

This is first thing I have ever won on the internet! And in only just a shade over 15 years at that. Awesome!

In the household we have an iPad 3, an iPhone 4, and two iPod 4Gs.

Thanks Gary!
Sweet! Just wanted to make sure you had stuff that met the system requirements. Check your PM!

Any GAF impressions on the iOS version? I was about to buy for PS3 but am now thinking twice. (I do wish there were GameCenter achievements...)

No season 2 thread? I started the second one but people who died in the first one are still alive. Wtf. What other decisions didn't save and carry over?

App Store Editors' Choice!

nqkHp.png

BEWARE and don't buy the second one. The more I read on the issue it seems it is bugged where your save files do not transfer over correctly. Many people are having an issue and nothing from telltale so far.

I'm on 360 but googling the problem shows it is affecting 360, PS3, Mac, and PC. No word on iOS so buyer beware. I'm not wasting my time playing the second one if my decisions from the first one are being ignored.

On PC the problem I had was the game forgot I had save files at all. So I had to start a new game, and replace the new quicksave it created with the one of my old ones it thinks don't exist.

Also on PC we already are in for the full season, so we can't just not buy anyway...

njean777

Quick question for any mac players, where is the save file for this game located on the mac? I am going to fresh install ML and wanted to know if anybody knows where it is....

Found it, nevermind.

Leeness

Ugh my sister went to go start episode 2, and all my shit is gone. Sigh.

It was fine before when I played it, and when my friend played it. Just decided to kill my save now... The save isn't anywhere on my PS3 as I can tell. Is it an online storage game? Maybe if I go buy a month of PS+ again, I can re-download my save... :/

Still no patch, 360 still broken. Some guy in another thread said PS3 was patched but I'm still getting people who died in episode 1 alive in episode 2.

PiLON

Neo Member
The technical issues with the saves are really unfortunate. A black eye on an otherwise great game. Still one of the more amazing games I've played in a while though. I find myself thinking about the episodes days after I've completed them.

Trigger

I'm starting to get insecure with my saves. I played through the first two episodes fine, but I may redo them once episode 3 launches.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Help!

So, I'm finally getting around to Episode 2 on Steam (Windows 7), but it won't even run.

When I try to boot the game, a WalkingDead101.exe process will appear in the task manager and then kill itself a few seconds later. That's it.

Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Telltale are a bunch of fucking clowns when it comes to technical stuff.

I ended up having to reinstall the game because it completely stopped working for whatever reason in between Episode 1 and 2 (no new hardware installations or driver updates on my end). It's finally working again, and my saved game is gone. Great. Searched for it in my documents... copied over the prefs.prop file, but still got nothing.

I guess I could re-do the first episode, but that's not fun at all. Just going to be 2 hours or of work.

Oh well, fuck it. These guys obviously don't have their shit together with the release schedule and technical issues, so I think I'll just wait until the entire season is done before I play any more. Good thing they already got my money for the whole season in advance, because I sure as hell wouldn't have bought anymore episodes after this nonsense. I'll be very wary of any future Telltale releases as well.

Telltale are a bunch of fucking clowns when it comes to technical stuff.

I ended up having to reinstall the game because it completely stopped working for whatever reason in between Episode 1 and 2 (no new hardware installations or driver updates on my end). It's finally working again, and my saved game is gone. Great. Searched for it in my documents... copied over the prefs.prop file, but still got nothing.

I guess I could re-do the first episode, but that's not fun at all. Just going to be 2 hours or of work.

Oh well, fuck it. These guys obviously don't have their shit together with the release schedule and technical issues, so I think I'll just wait until the entire season is done before I play any more. Good thing they already got my money for the whole season in advance, because I sure as hell wouldn't have bought anymore episodes after this nonsense. I'll be very wary of any future Telltale releases as well.

Take your most recent autosave, move it, start a new game in the appropriate episode, play to the first autosave, replace the save it creates with your old autosave renamed.

I downloaded the first episode when it came it out on my friend's 360, but I never finished it so I decided to download it tonight on my 360 and play it. I got 2.5 hours into it, died, and when I went back to the main menu I had no save at all. Needless to say I'm pretty fucking pissed and it turns out the saves are broken on the 360. Awesome.

Episode 1 questions:
is it possible to get the old man his meds before going with the reporter to save glen?
kinda don't wanna continue until I figure out if it is or not.

Ramirez

Ep 2 spoilers:

I couldn't believe only 31% of the people ended up smashing Larry's head, I was looking for an excuse to get rid of that guy from the minute I met him.

ElRenoRaven

Ep 2 spoilers:

I couldn't believe only 31% of the people ended up smashing Larry's head, I was looking for an excuse to get rid of that guy from the minute I met him.

Yea. The number shocked me too. I really expected more based off episode 1 numbers.

Sadist

Personally I believe regarding the ep 2 spoiler

Yes, Larry was a huge dick but I think a lot players chose to help him because of Lilly; she made it very clear in other talks with Lee that she knows her father isn't very popular. I mean, I think that's the reason why a lot of people chose for that option. Lilly just wanted to protect her father. That's all.

Ramirez

Personally I believe regarding the ep 2 spoiler

Yes, Larry was a huge dick but I think a lot players chose to help him because of Lilly; she made it very clear in other talks with Lee that she knows her father isn't very popular. I mean, I think that's the reason why a lot of people chose for that option. Lilly just wanted to protect her father. That's all.

I didn't care for Lilly's bitchy attitude in E2 either, so off with his head!

Order

I felt kinda bad when (Episode 2 Spoiler)

I saw the low number of people who killed the crazy lady, I really hope that doesn't have a bad consequence in the future

So in relation to Clementine's mental state,
what happens if you let her eat the human meat? What happens if you kill people in front of her? Does she start losing it, getting PTSD?

Nyx

So in relation to Clementine's mental state,
what happens if you let her eat the human meat? What happens if you kill people in front of her? Does she start losing it, getting PTSD?

nothing much, she asks if she becomes a zombie by eating a bit, but also knows you tried your best to stop her from eating it. She gets scared a bit when you kill someone in front of her, but I told her that it was nescessary as they were trying to hurt us, and she understood.

Top Bottom