• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

Roto13

I haven't seen season 2 yet, but if I had to guess is this it?

Everyone is infected and you don't need to be bitten to be zombified but just die?

Yup.

Of course, those of use who read the comics have known that for years. :p

Gattsu25

Banned
I bought this game when it came out and only just finished Episode 1.

The writing and characters are so fucking good. Too bad about the shitty performance during cutscenes, though :\

Going to start episode 2 later today

Trigger

I bought this game when it came out and only just finished Episode 1.

The writing and characters are so fucking good. Too bad about the shitty performance during cutscenes, though :\

Going to start episode 2 later today

Best episode so far. You're in for a treat.

Just picked this up. I've been reading about it and am pretty excited to fire it up in a little bit here. Plus Breaking Bad is back tonight!! It's gonna be a good day.

JonCha

Played episode 1 last night and finished somewhere between 10 and 11, and it scared the crap out of me. Telltale have done a great job of using the 3D environment well so it's not a pixel hunt.

I'm wondering during these literal do-or-die moments
if you can save both people

Trigger

Played episode 1 last night and finished somewhere between 10 and 11, and it scared the crap out of me. Telltale have done a great job of using the 3D environment well so it's not a pixel hunt.

I'm wondering on these literal do-or-die moments
if you can save both people

Nope.

Killzig

Just picked this up in the summer sale. Not really enjoying the gameplay very much, but the story is interesting enough to keep me going. Noticing a slight hitch when the game transitions from cut scene angles or back to giving me control. Anyone have any tweaks to help that along?

derFeef

Just picked this up in the summer sale. Not really enjoying the gameplay very much, but the story is interesting enough to keep me going. Noticing a slight hitch when the game transitions from cut scene angles or back to giving me control. Anyone have any tweaks to help that along?

Disabling shadows helped a lot for me. I don't miss them too ;)

I just burned through Episode 1 in one sitting. Fantastic game. I was deterred from purchasing initially based on having to buy the whole package. The 40% off sale made it a quick purchase. Glad I did. Absolutely fantastic storytelling. I can't wait to play episode 2 and beyond.

Got the game when it was a daily deal and have played through the first 2 episodes. Really enjoying the game so far. The game has some nice tense moments and I like the fact there is no perfect everyone wins choice, which makes the choices more meaningful since there are actually consequences.

Some minor annoyances, like how the loyalty system tracks itself, and I could go with less q massing.

I look forward to episode 3.

creid

Any advantage to the PC version over the PS3? I was planning on waiting for the disc version to play on PS3, but the Steam version is so damn cheap...

ElRenoRaven

Any advantage to the PC version over the PS3? I was planning on waiting for the disc version to play on PS3, but the Steam version is so damn cheap...

Not really that I've found. Maybe looks a tad bit better but thanks to the art style it's very hard to really tell much difference. Other then that you should like it. I bought both. I did the same with BTTF too. It's nice being able to play a game series like this on both my TV and my PC.

TP17

After looking into this and then deciding against it when it first came up in the steam summer sale and regretting it my decision, I'm glad I managed to catch it yesterday when it popped up again. Just played through the whole of episode 1, loved it. Will no doubt end up playing through episode 2 later and then be left wanting more!

Jake

(this is a cross-post from the telltale twitter feed and a couple other forums, so apologies for that being true, but... EPISODE THREE PLAYTEST OPEN INVITATION)

Live in the San Francisco bay area or thereabouts and want to help us out? Telltale is having a play test for The Walking Dead episode 3 next weekend at our office in San Rafael (Marin county).

We'll feed you pizza or other delicious/gross game making and/or developing related food, we'll creepily observe you as you play through the entire episode in a not-quite-done-but-good-enough-to-make-sense state, we'll ask you a bunch of questions, and you'll help us make the game better!

If you have a few hours to spare this coming Saturday (July 28), starting around noon or a little earlier, write to playtest@telltalegames.com an we'll send details!

Ocho

I completed both episodes this weekend and MAN, this game is amazing. This is my first telltale game (I tried Back to The Future and didn't like it), I haven't played the others, but I'm feeling this should be their best game yet, unless Sam & Max has epic decision making like the ones we've gone through.

My personal highlights (and I'm sure everyone's elses):

Clementine.
The answering machine.
Having to kill my brother's zombie.
Hacking the foot of that dude on the bear trap. I cringed at this.
The whole scene with the crazy woman.
Finding army dude with chopped up legs.
One of the last scenes of episode 2, the one on the stairs with mama cannibal and Katjaa, with lighting illuminating intermittently.
I decided to walk away from the last brother. Somehow, I found that whole scene so moving and epic, a tear strolled through my cheek.

I already think this is the best zombie game I've played, solely because of the choices I need to make.

Achtius

I am thinking about getting the game before the sale ends. But I am wondering if the game have different endings (since I heard you have to make choices in the game).

I am thinking about getting the game before the sale ends. But I am wondering if the game have different endings (since I heard you have to make choices in the game).
No idea yet, as we haven't had the final 3 episodes released, but I imagine there will have an ending somewhat in line with how the game has currently been operating-
The key points are essentially the same, but the way you go about reaching them are where the variety is. Perhaps there actually will be something like "four different endings" or something based on how you handle certain points or characters, but it's too early to know right now.

Honestly, if you're even mildly interested in what is on display, I would suggest getting it. It has been fantastic up to this point.

Roto13

I'd be surprised if there weren't multiple endings. At least two. Stuff like
killing off certain characters and letting other ones live
would potentially be hard to work into the story, but they do it anyway. Multiple endings should be easy in comparison.

Trigger

It'll probably just be one ending with small variations for things like
Carly and Doug.
I don't see anything dramatic happening on that front.

Ocho

In my version of the game I decided
to save Duck instead of Shawn. Is Shawn alive/on the farm when Rick and the others reach Hershel's farm? I'm wondering if I killed a character that's 'canon'.

Trigger

to save Duck instead of Shawn. Is Shawn alive/on the farm when Rick and the others reach Hershel's farm? I'm wondering if I killed a character that's 'canon'.

Shawn was deceased before they arrived. The actual nature of Shawn's death was never brought up so this game just added more context to the comic's backstory.

Roto13

I tried to save Shawn even though I knew he was doomed. :p He appears in the comics as a zombie.

I usually pride myself as being a one save file, no reload, purity of the experience kind of guy. I got through episode one that way, but episode two is like constant reloads :(

Hambone

lol, you gotta accept whatever choices you make. The fun is in finding out what the consequences are.

Agreed. I did this once, and regret it. The key is turning off the on screen statements like "this persons opinion of you has changed" so it doesn't drive you batshit insane wondering what has changed.

kaskade

I just finished up episode one. LOVED IT!

I hear episode 2 is even better so I'm excited to play it. I think I'm going to hold off for a bit so I don't play it too quickly. It's nice having it on steam with the pass so they just automatically download. Having something to look forward to is nice.

Okay I have ONE Walking Dead iOS code (iPad/iPhone) to give away - it works NOW, anywhere in the world, in advance of tomorrow's launch! WHO WANTS IT?

Z_Y

Okay I have ONE Walking Dead iOS code (iPad/iPhone) to give away - it works NOW, anywhere in the world, in advance of tomorrow's launch! WHO WANTS IT?

ME!

edit: Gary - I also should inform you that I am your biggest fan you never knew about!

Top Bottom