• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

Mrbob

According to Steam I'm 2 hours in, finished 5 of 8 chapters in episode 1 and I'm loving this game.

There are some puzzles, but they aren't that difficult. What I'm really enjoying is the intensity of the game. There are some pulse pounding moments, and the action aspects work amazingly well for an adventure game. Plus there are some heavy handed choices you have to make, and some you have to make right away. Looks like choices you make will carry onto future episodes too which is awesome. Really impressed, can't wait to get more time tonight to finish this episode!

Edit: Green team for the win here as well. No issues with the game performance wise.

Xater

I am playing on the Mac and I have no problems except that the dynamic shadow look pixelated.

Never mind. I was palying with minimal HUD and missed an item.

ElRenoRaven

Well the PSN demo was fun. Short but fun. I see myself double dipping and picking that version up too like I did with BTTF eventually.

tomedo

Just finished it. Enjoyed the episode in choose-your-own-adventure way, actual gameplay is what it is (haven't played any other Telltale games but this one reminded me of Heavy Rain), story and music were the highlights for me. "Next time on ..." -segment was too long, had to stop watching since I hate spoilers.

Very much looking forward to the next episode!

Atruvius

The demo is was even better than I expected but it has a bit of the "Telltale jank". Characters runs to the wrong way sometimes and there's a very slight pause when something happens/a quick cut happens.

The game is smoother and better looking than Sam & Max and BttF.

timkunedo

just bough the steam version. I knew they were making a game, but had no idea it came out today until i saw this thread. This OT just sold me on the season pass. Loving it so far!

Social

I just bought it, installed it and finished the first episode.

It's my favorite Telltale game so far as far in terms of graphics and gameplay.
I had little to no issues. At the start, I got a few stutters, really minor. After 5 mins, all smooth.

The animations in general are a bit rough here and there but I'm used to that from Telltale. The voice acting was pretty decent and I really felt connected to the world they put me in.

I also love the choices and am very curious to see how they use that in the later episodes!
Nice thing at the end where you can see what the other players picked in relation to you.

Nice job Telltale!!

R3TRODYCE

Just finished the first episode and I must say that the wait for EP2 is going to be long! Amazing experience, except now I want to replay it and make different choices.

RPGCrazied

I'm halfway through I'm guessing. I'm
at the drugstore, trying to find the guy his pills, cause he had a heart attack.

I'm noticing tiny stutters during transitions now, but it by no means takes the enjoyment out of the game.

GJS

I had a look at some play through videos and it looks quite good. I'll wait to see how it is on the iPad though.

Finished the game. It only lasted 2 hours but it was pretty decent. I like the concept of your choices altering the story further down the line.

Is this related at all with the comic/TV series? Or is it standalone, telling the story of another survivor (in the same world) no one's ever heard of? Unfortunately I've yet to read the comics, and I've only seen the first season of the TV show, so I'm wondering if this is something I should even consider buying eventually.

Mrbob

Is this related at all with the comic/TV series? Or is it standalone, telling the story of another survivor (in the same world) no one's ever heard of? Unfortunately I've yet to read the comics, and I've only seen the first season of the TV show, so I'm wondering if this is something I should even consider buying eventually.

Seems to run concurrent with the storyline in the comics/tv show. Game starts at the beginning of the out break. I noticed one cameo so far but this is a separate tale.

ascully

Just finished it on PC, quite enjoyed it apart from the choppy sound and oddly loud music. Telltale need to test stuff more!!! JPark was exactly the same soundwise.

Mafro

Completed it in just over 2 hours. Knew it was going to be good but it's far surpassed my expectations. Characters and writing are excellent, and the graphics are a perfect representation of the style of the comic.

Oh yeah, the dialogue sounds pretty low quality and compressed at times.

Finished it on PS3, really enjoyed it. If Jake and Sean are around here, know that you guys did a fantastic job. I think it is the best thing Telltale has done yet.

ElRenoRaven

Can you buy this from the Telltale store yet? The only thing I see related to this game is pre-order stuff.

Preordering it should still work. They haven't released it on their site yet. It will be out though sometime today on the site. Keep in mind they are Pacific time so anytime before midnight their time.

schnarf

Just finished playing episode 1 on my PC (had no issues with performance).
The game was fantastic, the wait for the next episode is about the only downside I can see. Although I am looking forward to replaying it to see the other choices play out.
For an adventure game it packs a powerful emotional punch, and a good deal of tension. Very good stuff!
Easily the best thing I have played from Telltale yet.

dreamfall

My God, I just played the demo on the PS3. I really enjoyed it, went ahead to buy the Season Pass- this game feels great. I like the action too- in some odd ways it reminds me of Heavy Rain, but much more tense. The story (from the little I've seen) really feels in canon with the graphic novel. Wow. This shall be a crazy ride indeed!

RPGCrazied

Short and sweet. Just finished it. Don't turn the game off when you beat it, it shows scenes for the next episode, waiting month to month for releases is going to be hard. I also find it kinda neat it showed statistics on what other players did for key choices in the game. The FPS did get a little hairy at the final scene, but eh, was decent for most of the game.

That sucks, I think I'm just gonna wait until the game gets patched then. I might just buy the first episode on psn tomorrow and if I enjoy it I'll buy the season pass on PC. It'll work out to about the same price as buying all of the episodes separately anyway.

Yes, it makes the voice overs sound really awful -- I've some issues with the dialog, but maybe later on it improves. Technically though I'm disappointed with the performance. Going to try disabling shadows.

Does this thing control better with mouse+kb or 360 controller?

I switched back and forth between a controller and M+KB but eventually settled for the latter. There are times you have to perform quick actions and the mouse moves the crosshair faster across the screen for that.

Teknoman

My God, I just played the demo on the PS3. I really enjoyed it, went ahead to buy the Season Pass- this game feels great. I like the action too- in some odd ways it reminds me of Heavy Rain, but much more tense. The story (from the little I've seen) really feels in canon with the graphic novel. Wow. This shall be a crazy ride indeed!

Yeah I was surprised how tense the demo zombie situations were. The restricted actions combined with minimal UI selected...whew.

SickBoy

Almost certain I'll get this.. my wife is a Walking Dead nut. Notice on the PS blog that the download size for the season pass is 2.61GB. Is this right?

Top Bottom