• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

witness

Played the demo on PS3 and holy crap that was awesome, I'm waiting to see how it looks/runs on 360 tomorrow though before I buy.

RPGCrazied

I would, yes. :) The first episode alone had quite a few heart pounding moments, and it was only like 2 hours long.

May 24th can't come soon enough.

stupei

Ok ok, I thought the show was based on the comic book universe.

To an extent but the show deviates in a lot of big ways. Not sure if any of those are relavant to the content in the first episode though as I haven't played it yet.

Since it's not up on Telltale's own shop yet, so I can't play the copy I paid for yet.

Between this and having trouble getting Back to the Future to launch on my Mac day one, I think I've officially learned my lesson about buying directly from Telltale. Disappointing too since I do like supporting the developer directly when possible. I guess I'll get over it if it's up by the time I get home from work, but really wanted to use work's much faster internet to download it.

RPGCrazied

If it sells like Sam & Max, maybe. But they have only said Season 1 for now. Both Back to The Future and Jurassic Park didn't get more than one season though.

GeoramA

Loving it. Great voice-work and the visual style is fantastic.

Just noticed it has a Platinum trophy as well. Cool.

chixdiggit

Me and my wife love the TV show. She pretty much hates all video games except Dance Central. Any chance she will enjoy watching me play this? (I doubt she would play it herself).

Me and my wife love the TV show. She pretty much hates all video games except Dance Central. Any chance she will enjoy watching me play this? (I doubt she would play it herself).
Yeah I think it's actually a great game to watch as well as play as it plays out very much like episodic TV.

bumpkin

Played the demo on PS3 and holy crap that was awesome, I'm waiting to see how it looks/runs on 360 tomorrow though before I buy.
This. I have no preference whether I buy it on the PS3 or the 360, I just want to get whichever version has the fewest technical snags. What was the consensus on their efforts with Jurassic Park and BttF as far as comparative performance goes?

I'm stuck at the drug store.
Does anyone know where the second battery is?

I went ahead and bought the season pass. I absolutely love this already, and I can't wait to see how Mr. Whitta's writing plays out in episode 4.

I'm stuck at the drug store.
Does anyone know where the second battery is?

I went ahead and bought the season pass. I absolutely love this already, and I can't wait to see how Mr. Whitta's writing plays out in episode 4.

for your question..
second battery is on the floor not far from the ATM

Teknoman

So conflicted lol. I want to grab the PC version after playing the PS3 demo...but since i've got an ATI card, I dont want to play the game (especially something as atmospheric as this) with no shadows...

This close to just pressing confirm on the PS3 episode 1.

Sullen

Played and beat the PC version today. It was quite excellent. I haven't played an adventure style game in years and this one was a pleasant surprise. It definitely has a tense atmosphere and the choices you make generally lead to life and death, which I liked a lot.

Took me a couple hours to beat, and I'm already thinking about playing it again and making different choices to see what happens.

I experienced no issues with the game on PC with max settings on a pretty old ATI card, so I'm not sure what all that was about but anyone wary of technical issues should definitely pick the game up.

edit: I should add that I have shadows set to high as well on my ATI card.

ElRenoRaven

So they aren't getting it up on the Telltale site tonight. Server issues totally screwed them. They are in the process of sending out Steam codes though to those that preorderd on the site. Got mine.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
"some of the art has sharp edges"

Seriously. That's a sentence?

Akia

I beat the episode. It was great. I loved the
desk moving
scene.

The next time on The Walking Dead sneak peak for episode two showed a bit too much. Hopefully I'll forget it all before the next episode releases.

pulga

Banned
Is there any demo for OSX? Wanna check out how it runs before committing. Would rather buy on iOS, but it's got no release date.

Teknoman

Played and beat the PC version today. It was quite excellent. I haven't played an adventure style game in years and this one was a pleasant surprise. It definitely has a tense atmosphere and the choices you make generally lead to life and death, which I liked a lot.

Took me a couple hours to beat, and I'm already thinking about playing it again and making different choices to see what happens.

I experienced no issues with the game on PC with max settings on a pretty old ATI card, so I'm not sure what all that was about but anyone wary of technical issues should definitely pick the game up.

edit: I should add that I have shadows set to high as well on my ATI card.

That is a little more reassuring, maybe others were just having crossfire issues or something.

Tunic

Excited to play Ep1 when it releases on XBLA. I have read the reviews and the positive feedback here is very reassuring. I am a huge fan of the TV series so I have wanted to play the game since they announced it. Hopefully it is out tomorrow.

Is this game approachable for someone whose experience with the Walking Dead consists of viewing the first episode of the TV series, and a few random pages of the comic series?

Another team green person on PC (GTX 680) and it's running without issue for me. Minor stuttering as data is being loaded in but nothing bothersome. Nearing the finale right now and I'm really enjoying it as a fan of the comic book and the show!

Is this game approachable for someone whose experience with the Walking Dead consists of viewing the first episode of the TV series, and a few random pages of the comic series?

Absolutely, I am in a similar situation (only the 1st season of the show) very little of the comic. Had no problem getting into the story.

stupei

So they aren't getting it up on the Telltale site tonight. Server issues totally screwed them. They are in the process of sending out Steam codes though to those that preorderd on the site. Got mine.

Got mine too and after complaining figured I should give them credit for the decision to hand out codes. Very cool.

I understand they're a pretty small company to have their own distribution platform so they understandably have some issues at times. Just wish they were a bit faster at communicating those things -- even if "oh my god, everything is on fire" kind of news isn't what almost any company likes to share with consumers.

Median

Man, this game has been super good so far. I'm about halfway through the episode and I'm blown away at how intense it can get and how much I'm liking the characters/story. I think I'm actually enjoying it more than the TV series so far.

Jake

Is this the first game Jake and Sean designed together? Or were they responsible for Jurassic Park as well?

We were co-leads on Poker Night at the Inventory, Sean wrote and I directed episode 3 of Tales of Monkey Island, we were on the Puzzle Agent 1 and 2 story team together, and were co-leads on a game which got canceled before it was even in production. This is our first full series as co-leads though.

So i just finished it and i like it a lot. So, who
did you save in the ending?
I
saved Doug
as
he's based on Telltale's old web developer/IT guy (who also hosts and programs the idle Thumbs website).

Bought the season pass as soon as I finished the demo.

Episode 1 was fantastic! Highly recommend all fans of the comic and/or show check this out. Telltale have done right by the property.

I
saved Carley cause she has the gun
. Pure survival instinct. lol

Great first episode. The second can't get here quickly enough.

Top Bottom