• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Whopperito: Burger King takes aim at Chipotle with Whopper burrito

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReAxion

This is just as bad as Pizza hut and their million different gimmick pizzas.

Maybe BK should just focus on making their core products better, offer better quality, value and service and realize it is a long game. Chasing lightning in a bottle is such a short term goal. Build up customer and brand loyalty over time with good customer orientied business practices, and you don't have to worry about chasing Chipotle's customers. Who the hell thinks this is the kind of thing those customers want anyway?

I amost feel like the Whopperito is representative of a lot that is wrong with Corporate America today.

No way they do this. They're so franchised out, their franchises sell franchises.

Spenny

White people continue to fuck up Mexican food. Are they really trying to poach Chipotle customers? Like, is that their marketing strategy with this? Because if so they do not understand the market.

Coolluck

This is just as bad as Pizza hut and their million different gimmick pizzas.

Maybe BK should just focus on making their core products better, offer better quality, value and service and realize it is a long game. Chasing lightning in a bottle is such a short term goal. Build up customer and brand loyalty over time with good customer orientied business practices, and you don't have to worry about chasing Chipotle's customers. Who the hell thinks this is the kind of thing those customers want anyway?

I amost feel like the Whopperito is representative of a lot that is wrong with Corporate America today.

They pissed away that loyalty in the 2000s like Pizza Hut did. Both of their products taste worse now than in the 90s. Pizza Hut moreso to me.

SaviourMK2

tumblr_mw2mgbPqYO1ssuoa0o3_250.gif

For starters, this looks and feels nothing like a burrito. It looks more like a bloated crunchwrap from taco bell if anything.
Contents:
- Broken hamburger (You can tell it's just a burger that was mashed up)
- Iceburg Lettuce
- Pickles
- Tomatoes
- Sour Cream/Mayo(?) (I don't know which it is)

The iceburg lettuce already causes problems because as you can tell from the 2nd photo, it's filled with juices from the burger being broiled, the water in the iceburg lettuce makes it WAY too juicy and dripped all over my shirt, the water inside the iceburg lettuce also deludes the flavor, thank god I asked for no tomatoes.

A MAJOR problem is the lack of cheese. Like true burger king fashion I was supposed to ask for cheese, despite it being, you know, a fucking burrito. It's sad when the highlight of my order was the french fries.

Tried one earlier in the week. It was about what I expected: chunks of nasty-ass BK hamburger and more lettuce than I knew what to do with wrapped in a cold tortilla with some sort of orange-yellow sauce (could have been "cheese", results inconclusive), tomato and pickles. Maybe if you really, really like Whoppers and are looking for a variation on that garbage fire, but otherwise I think this was a pretty bad idea.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

For starters, this looks and feels nothing like a burrito. It looks more like a bloated crunchwrap from taco bell if anything.
Contents:
- Iceburg Lettuce
- Pickles
- Tomatoes

The iceburg lettuce already causes problems because as you can tell from the 2nd photo, it's filled with juices from the burger being broiled, the water in the iceburg lettuce makes it WAY too juicy and dripped all over my shirt, the water inside the iceburg lettuce also deludes the flavor, thank god I asked for no tomatoes.

A MAJOR problem is the lack of cheese. Like true burger king fashion I was supposed to ask for cheese, despite it being, you know, a fucking burrito. It's sad when the highlight of my order was the french fries.

It's bleeding in your car! Fuck Burger King has PROBLEMS

Contents:
- Iceburg Lettuce
- Pickles
- Tomatoes

This is one of those things that would get RT'd a lot on the Twitter. That looks disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom