• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

gQQfa.jpg

Time to get back on the Retro Zelda hype train.
Especially since "The Legend of Zelda" is 19 characters long!

I am so hyped for E3! seems like Nintendo is gonna reveal their 1st party launch games, possibly before E3, whichs awesome since I can go ahead and figure what money I need to save.

TriGen

Especially since "The Legend of Zelda" is 19 characters long!

I am so hyped for E3! seems like Nintendo is gonna reveal their 1st party launch games, possibly before E3, whichs awesome since I can go ahead and figure what money I need to save.

I'd be surprised if they revealed first-party launch games before E3. They have been super secretive for a whole year about the Wii U, I doubt they would then spill the beans on the most important part of their E3 showing before E3 even begins.

A new Metroid Prime would be disappointing because they would probably relent and make it dual-analog.

I would think that would be a given, but it'd still be nice to see a CC-style, Wiimote/Nunchuk-style and Tab-style offered.

I honestly think the Prime Trilogy is a bit like Yoshi's Island, no matter amazing or great any sequel is...it just won't measure up to the original. I say leave Prime to history, and start a brand new type of Metroid, maybe using a few of the good ideas Other M had. There's lots of possibilities for the franchise to start new without having or hold onto (or tarnish) the Prime name.

A new Metroid Prime would be disappointing because they would probably relent and make it dual-analog.
THAT WOULD BE GREAT

Also to add to what EC said, not only is it a unique game, who the heck doesn't want to see what Retroid can do with Metroid Prime given the resources of the wii u.

As for the controls, I think they'd do both.

Retro should develop a sequel to Metroid Prime Pinball. If you drop lower than the flippers, you fall into the controller screen and have to complete some actiony shooty pew pew pew mini-game as Samus to make it back to the pinball board.

I'd be surprised if they revealed first-party launch games before E3. They have been super secretive for a whole year about the Wii U, I doubt they would then spill the beans on the most important part of their E3 showing before E3 even begins.
You're definitely right. Either way, E3 is less than a week again so the wait is not that long (even if it feels like months).
To be honest, I'm still surprised to see Nintendo teasing something. E3 can't come soon enough...

antonz

Nintendo could tease stuff if they have an overabundance of things to show off. Any Nintendo titles they reveal will likely be ones we already know about or have enough teased about to not be surprised and have surprises at the show itself.

If Nintendo has as much going on as they claim I dont see how an hour can cover it all anyways

TriGen

Nintendo could tease stuff if they have an overabundance of things to show off. Any Nintendo titles they reveal will likely be ones we already know about or have enough teased about to not be surprised and have surprises at the show itself.

If Nintendo has as much going on as they claim I dont see how an hour can cover it all anyways

Is it confirmed to be just 1 hour? I feel like companies in the past have gone up to at least 90 minutes before, it would seem like a good time for Nintendo to stretch it out.

eShop can't properly emulate the true pinball experience on a console. For that you'll need a gaming PC with the correct adapter, drivers and custom controller.

...or something like that.

Seriously though, not a big pinball fan so I'd rather resources were spent elsewhere. I actually used to live with a guy who's dad did nothing but play his pinball machine in the next room, that constant noise was enough for me to hate pinball forever.

They have broken it down to four separate showcases so that way nothing gets forgotten. You will also get new stuff at each nintendo direct from some japanese developers up until septemeber when launch plans and pricing is announced in time for an october or november release depending on the region.

So any updated pics of crates yet?

Azure J

Man, I'm exceedingly late, but it just hit me that we're less than a week away from bears, Iwata/Reggie stuff, and revelaitons out the ass.

OMGOMGOMG SO HYPE

Plus hardware and software manufactures are going to learn the hard way what Nintendo has already figured out. Yes more power, better graphics, and high end machines are awesome and there will always be an audience for that (myself included) but the majority of consumers are more than happy to buy a less powered machine for around $200-300 so long as their are tons of games and new innovative ways to play. Consoles are still selling. Games are still selling.

Yup, I'm surprised that the target specs for the PS4 are so high tbh. The PS1 and PS2 were ridiculously successful and weren't the most powerful of their generations, the PSP, PS3 and Vita are all top spec machines and aren't anywhere near as successful as the DS, the Wii and 3DS.

When will this company ever learn..?!!?!?

All they need to do is release a console 1 year after the U, have it slightly more powerful and release it at a competitive pricepoint. By the time the PS4 and 720 are released the U will be ripe for a price cut. I just can't see Sony surviving next gen if they go all out for power again.

chris3116

Maybe the software showcase the next day will reveal more games that could not be on the official press conference.

lol I forgot about that.

BLOODY SCREEN

SO REAL!

Which reminds me that People Can Fly's next shooter will probably be revealed at E3 this year. It's unfortunate that it won't be Bulletstorm, considering how awesome that game was and the cliffhanger at the end, but I know whatever they're doing will be kick-ass.

It's stuff we probably already know about, I mean its facebook, I highly doubt they're considering what the informed gamers already know, and are going to give us some big surprise, this is for the masses.

Bagu

BLOODY SCREEN

SO REAL!

Which reminds me that People Can Fly's next shooter will probably be revealed at E3 this year. It's unfortunate that it won't be Bulletstorm, considering how awesome that game was and the cliffhanger at the end, but I know whatever they're doing will be kick-ass.
And with any hope, a Wii U version.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Wow, I missed a lot in the last few hours. Nintendo TEASING games??? Kingdom Hearts Remix Wii-U??? Paul Gale basically confirmed to be making up shit???

Such a nice body warm-up for the real thing. :)

no. nintendo pinball!

Nintendo has been aggressively sharing their engines with third parties and presumably sending out teams to help them learn how to make quality games. This means that all pinball games on the Wii U will be at the Nintendo level of game design.

More serious answer: Can you really fuck up pinball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom