• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Would love CD Projekt RED's new game Cyberpunk on WiiU.

Although Witcher 2 bombed on 360, so they might be done with consoles.

Cyberpunk background, Gibson's cyberneticly enhanced humans, high-tech gadgets, all this could be well adapted to Wii U, especially its controller.

bmJlA.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
Yep. E3 Bear is on his way.

It looks like he's bringing more bear friends.

Makes sense when you think about it. More bombs to be deployed means more bears are needed to divide the workload. One bear is strong, but he can't do it all on his own. Especially for a Nintendo launch year!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Let me try...

Code:
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒​▒▒▒ (34)
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (27)
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (19)

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (19)
Super Mario Summit (18) nope.
Super Mario Circus (18) nope.
Super Mario Carnival (20) nope.
Super Mario Carnies (19)  :D !!

Pikmin Colony (13) nope.
Pikmin 3: Colony (16) nope.
Pikmin 3: Colonies (18) nope.
Pikmin Colonization (19) :D !!

I'm pretty sure that they won't be telling every launch game on FB so I wouldn't worry too much about the amount of spaces.

I wonder though if this is something we'll be getting before or after the conference.

Just wanted to post my (nonserious) guesses related to Nintendo's tweet here (considering them as 3 separate, 1st party titles):
Code:
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒​▒▒▒
The Legend of Zelda ?????????????

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
New Super Mario Bros. Wii U

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Nintendo VS. Capcom
Pikmin 3: Touch Me! (lol)

Donnie

Okay, so now we know that the Wii U will have at least three games. Here they are with the character counts in parentheses.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒​▒▒▒ (34)
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (27)
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (19)

Where you getting the numbers? Unless the character lengths in the greyed out bits are visible and I just can't see them on my phone. Because the first greyed out line matched up with the visible one above covers 52 characters.

EDIT: Ah I can see the visible blocks in my PC browser.

So our lovely Star Fox x Metroid rumor is false, so we can remove one game from our list of Wii U launch titles. People should probably also remove Super Smash Bros since Sakurai just started working on the game.

So our lovely Star Fox x Metroid rumor is false, so we can remove one game from our list of Wii U launch titles. People should probably also remove Super Smash Bros since Sakurai just started working on the game.
Was going to post this a few moments ago. Here's the source, if anyone wants to check it: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...aking-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/

I never believed it, but still it would have been great had it come out. Whatever Retro is working on must be even better than this!

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Just watched XPlay do a Top 5 most anticipated sequels at E3:

1. Assassins Creed 3
2. Blops 2
3. Boederlands 2
4. Halo 4
5. GTA 5

No Pikmin 3? :(

royalan

Was going to post this a few moments ago. Here's the source, if anyone wants to check it: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...aking-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/

I never believed it, but still it would have been great had it come out. Whatever Retro is working on must be even better than this!

Has Paul Gale recently done anything that would make it worthwhile to continue paying attention to him. Everything from him seems to be false (except for that Sony Smash Bros. rumor...but that was, like, the worst kept secret ever).

On My 19th, Paul Gale Network shared one crazy rumor about a game called Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga. It was rumored to be the title in development by Retro Studios for Wii U and the very project that was originally hinted at back in 2011 from a couple of people within the company.

It was not rumored.

You made it up.

Gahiggidy

...XPlay says Nintendo has to announce price at E3 in order to succeed.

Also, consumers will only accept a price of $250 or less.

Donnie

Really glad its not what Retro are working on, it really sounds like a pretty silly idea to me.

Has Paul Gale recently done anything that would make it worthwhile to continue paying attention to him. Everything from him seems to be false (except for that Sony Smash Bros. rumor...but that was, like, the worst kept secret ever).
Not that I can think of, except for (as you said) PS Battle Royale last year. The TMNT game turned out to be false which, added to this now debunked rumour (and by himself, hehe), makes him look pretty unreliable.

That Paul Gale Network is so garbage. He tries to say that the idea was once proposed during the same time that Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition was being proposed even though that is radically different. (Two Nintendo franchises coming together rather then Japanese culture and Pokemon.)

He also is saying that it is related to Project X Zone and that this world blending is all part of Nintendo's plan to strengthen their brands, even though Nintendo's brands aren't in Project X Zone.

I feel like this guy has no credibility.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
...XPlay says Nintendo has to announce price at E3 in order to succeed.

Also, consumers will only accept a price of $250 or less.

I'm curious as to what they base this on, considering the Wii didn't announce it's price at E3, did it?

Of course, it's X-play, so trying to figure out anything they say is ridiculous in the first place.

Elfteiroh

So, i'll try my hand at these! :D
Code:
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
The Legend of Zelda: Ages of Fate
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Metroid Prime 4: Mothership
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Yoshi's Island WiiU

What? Impossible you say? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.