• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hugged fifty topless girls last weekend? Damn. Beat me by 50.

It was just friendly hugs
save for one
. I volunteered as a greeter, and everybody naturally hugs greeters. By the way, Sortilége. It makes girls make the "oooo" face, because it tastes like breakfast but is booze.

Since it is the 20th anniversary of Mario Kart this year, I wonder if Nintendo might announce something like a Mario Kart: Anniversary Edition that has no new tracks, just 32 classic tracks. It could be a fairly easy game to develop if it was just based on Mario Kart Wii only in HD.
Every recent Mario Kart game has come with a large number of classic tracks. A new game with only classic tracks would feel like a ripoff.

is all of this information already known?
Well, it's incorrect in one point - the system is not backwards compatible with all Wii games and devices. My DDR game is going to be unplayable, because it requires dance pads that hook up to Gamecube ports.

KevinCow

Banned
It was just friendly hugs
save for one
. I volunteered as a greeter, and everybody naturally hugs greeters. By the way, Sortilége. It makes girls make the "oooo" face, because it tastes like breakfast but is booze.

Where did you volunteer as a greeter that had fifty topless girls, and where can I volunteer my greeting services?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Where did you volunteer as a greeter that had fifty topless girls, and where can I volunteer my greeting services?

lol pervert

I know i would volunteer for that shit, i wish i could even hug 1 topless girl in my life foreveralone.jpg

Aguila

#ICONIC
I just read a G4 article about their Nintendo E3 predictions

judge+judy+computer+reaction+macro+gif.gif

This is the first time I visit their site. Never going there again.

One of the regional burning man events. Basically a combination of geeks acting like hippies and hippies acting like geeks. Also didgeridoos and manual versions of Angry Birds. Camp Justice League let people practice with "Hawkeye"'s bow to shoot at a paper cutout of Loki. There was apparently a dude dressed as Mario rolling around in a golf cart. And so on.

Van Owen

Banned
Probably old news, but just listening to 8-4 now and Ben Judd says he knows the specs and expects the system to be $250.

Which is odd since Nintendo said it would be more...

Redford

aka Cabbie
This again? Seriously? The conference will be "horrible" if they don't spend a sizable fraction on the 3DS when everybody has been waiting a YEAR for the Wii U's real debut and at a time when it's absolutely critical that they focus as much time as possible on a new, unreleased home system being marketed to consumers? Hello, they're paying two major entertainment focused cable TV networks with very mainstream audiences to air this conference! They can't AFFORD to water it down for more 3DS hand holding to comfort folks, who for some reason, keep freaking out and thinking any week now the thing is gonna implode and end up in Vita territory. Again, the 3DS is doing very well considering the launch mistakes and the current volatility of the market and has plenty of games on the way.

You think the typical SpikeTV viewer isn't going to get a bit confused and maybe start being tempted to change the channel if they start going on about the current state of an already available portable system when they're waiting to hear more information about a new home console which they're on the fence about and need more info for their purchase decision? The 3DS doesn't need serious focus at the conference. There will be new games announced for it, don't worry. They can mention it for a few minutes, show a quick 3DS sizzle real of new and upcoming games and then get right to the steak and potatoes!!!

3DS doesn't need it. Wii U does very much so.

antonz

Probably old news, but just listening to 8-4 now and Ben Judd says he knows the specs and expects the system to be $250.

Which is odd since Nintendo said it would be more...

Nintendo may have decided razer thin to no profit margin to start is better than risking a big open then slow buildup. Nintendo needs to hit a grandslam from E3 to launch. Just selling consoles alone isnt gonna do anything. They need to sell lots and create a healthy ecosystem where 3rd parties sell etc

Nintendo may have decided razer thin to no profit margin to start is better than risking a big open then slow buildup. Nintendo needs to hit a grandslam from E3 to launch. Just selling consoles alone isnt gonna do anything. They need to sell lots and create a healthy ecosystem where 3rd parties sell etc
that is the reality of the situation here.

I would have never believed 250 at one point, and I still find it hard to believe, but it has definitely entered into my realm of possibilities, mostly because the competitors will be at cheaper prices by launch.

It's just such a delicate situation, there is no room for fuck ups in any category. No room for risk taking like with the 3DS.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm sure E3 will have plenty of Wii U and 3DS news and I don't care if it is more 3DS then Wii U or vice versa.

They've probably got a ton of surprises for both (more for Wii U obviously as they have plenty of already announced 3DS games to show) and I'm sure this one will be the most exciting show since 2006.

I would have never believed 250 at one point, and I still find it hard to believe, but it has definitely entered into my realm of possibilities, mostly because the competitors will be at cheaper prices by launch.

It's just such a delicate situation, there is no room for fuck ups in any category. No room for risk taking like with the 3DS.

My general stance has been a most likely price of ~$300 with a vague hope of ~$250. I have difficulty seeing them going $250 unless there's some sort of drastic cost-cutting surprise (like an sku with no built in optical drive).

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

You sir are 100% percent correct! One year ago I could see Nintendo charging 399 for the Wii U, but not after the shitty 3ds launch. Iwata took a pay cut for christ sakes because of it. I say Nintendo is extremely aggressive with the Wii U pricing. It wont be more than 299.99 with a pack in.

You sir are 100% percent correct! One year ago I could see Nintendo charging 399 for the Wii U, but not after the shitty 3ds launch. Iwata took a pay cut for christ sakes because of it. I say Nintendo is extremely aggressive with the Wii U pricing. It wont be more than 299.99 with a pack in.

I would believe 250 bucks if you told me that nintendo (again!) decides to launch a system without mario or something major. With a mario game to sell system well after christmas, i see the system easily continuing to sell at 299 until the second wave of games hit next march/spring.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If Nintendo doesn't announce video games I'm selling all my consoles.

Redford

aka Cabbie
If Retro is doing Starfox, personally, I'll be disappointed. Not only do I really not care much for the franchise, but even though it will be a great game conceivably, it won't set the world on fire like a solid new IP would have the potential to.

I guess that's the best word to describe it. It has no potential to be big. It will be a fondly played game that will sell decently but nothing more. IMO, wasted time and talent, in that way.

Vinci

Danish
If Retro is being wasted on Star Fox, Nintendo needs to get its head out of its ass. That studio has the potential to be their new Rare - they need it to provide the sort of experiences Nintendo itself is not capable of.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm interested in whatever Star Fox they may announce. I didn't play the Gamecube F-Zero so I haven't really played the decent one, just the N64 game. Nothing too great, but I am interested in what I've seen with the GC one.

Hiltz

Isn't one of the higher-end Xbox 360 models cost around $299 ? I think it's the one with 250 GB harddrive.

I just don't see how Wii U could cost less than that despite its apparent lack of a hard drive. Although, I'm not sure how expensive built-in flash memory would be since Wii U will have to offer more than what the Wii did.

This is kind of off topic, but what were the original rumored specs for the revolution at the time that matt C was hyped up before the change?

It was something like a dual core 1.8 Ghz CPU with like 256MB of RAM right? Anyone have that link handy?

Even that would have probably prevented ports this far down the line, right?

I'd be up for a fairly unpractical Star Fox.

If you could go through fights in space, and land your furry ass on the planet to start up some Metroid Prime inspired action/adventure segments.

Shooting stuff above a planet, and then flying through the atmo to land on a marked spot.

Thanks a lot. Now I need to do a Beast Wars rewatch.
You're good people shady.

This is kind of off topic, but what were the original rumored specs for the revolution at the time that matt C was hyped up before the change?

It was something like a dual core 1.8 Ghz CPU with like 256MB of RAM right? Anyone have that link handy?

Even that would have probably prevented ports this far down the line, right?

I don't have the link, but I do recall it was rumored to be either a dual core 1.8 GHz or single core 2.5 GHz G5 and 256 MB RAM. I don't remember if it was related to that set of rumors or different ones but there was also something about the sytem having 3 GPU's (I think it was) that was supposed to allow holographic gameplay, the revolution Nintendo kept talking about.

EDIT: Not a link to IGN but a quick search found I was a bit off along with a trip down memory lane,
"Rumors abound indicated that Nintendo could separately be working on two systems and that ultimately one would be chosen for retail. System 1 allegedly featured a 2.7GHz PowerPC G5 processor, 512MBs of RAM, and a 600MHz graphics chip. System 2 allegedly featured dual 1.8GHz PowerPC G5 processors. 256MBS of DDR Main Memory RAM, 128MBS of GDDR3 Video RAM and a 500MHz graphics chip. Both systems allegedly featured a built in 15GB hard drive. As of this time, these rumors cannot be validated.

More recent hearsay from development studios working closely with Nintendo suggest that Revolution's power is on track to compete with Microsoft's forthcoming successor to Xbox. Some studios have suggested that Revolution could be slightly underpowered when stacked side by side with Microsoft's next system, but that the differences would be marginal. Other sources maintain that the recently reported Xenon hardware specs exactly mimicked internal hardware documentation for Revolution. Again, none of this information can yet be validated. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom