• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Last year they opened with Zelda.
This year... I'm betting it'll be Retro's game.

Question is whether they'll open with the Wii U or 3DS. As the former is newer and a bigger deal, I'd normally think they'd go with that, but I also think they'll want to end on a positive note as well as a segue into hands-on stuff for the press. So I think they'll open with maybe a very short teaser for the Wii U, then move into the 3DS, otherwise open with some big 3DS reveal.

Then after the 3DS stuff is out of the way, they'll shift into Wii U mode.

zroid

Banned
Question is whether they'll open with the Wii U or 3DS. As the former is newer and a bigger deal, I'd normally think they'd go with that, but I also think they'll want to end on a positive note as well as a segue into hands-on stuff for the press. So I think they'll open with maybe a very short teaser for the Wii U, then move into the 3DS, otherwise open with some big 3DS reveal.

I'm expecting:

Wii -> 3DS -> Wii U

and there will probably be some nominal mention of Pokemon B2/W2 during the 3DS part

I doubt they will announce new games for the Wii, but Pikmin 2 will get a mention, and the Kirby Anniversary collection will likely be detailed and dated. I think they'll open with some celebratory Kirby stuff in the same vein as Zelda last year.

Hey... Anthony.
Whatcha... whatcha doing?

mike_myers_kanye_west.jpg

Obscure Metroid reply.

royalan

Along these lines...do we know how long Nintendo's show is going to be this year? I'm really hoping they bump it up from 90 minutes to a solid 2 hours. They've definitely got the material...
I hope

Starting with the Wii U would make no sense to me as when it'd be done, no one would care to see the show anymore.

They have to start with the 3DS.

royalan

One hour, but they have like 3 events.

Wait-wut???

You mean to tell me that with with a still-new handheld to support and a BRAND NEW CONSOLE TO PROPERLY UNVEIL, they've made this year's conference a half-hour shorter than usual???

What is the logic? That's an actual question.

They'll show a Wii U sizzle reel with glimpses of games, then talk about the Wii U philosophy, then talk numbers and 3DS with a few clips of games and maybe a Zelda 3DS announcement, then it's Wii U trailers, features, and demos until the end.

antonz

The way spike is talking too it sounds like Nintendo may have agreed to give them some exclusive first looks at games. They specifically mention that kind of stuff for after the conference

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Starting with the Wii U would make no sense to me as when it'd be done, no one would care to see the show anymore.

They have to start with the 3DS.

But for the Wii debut they started with Miyamoto "conducting" a montage of Wii games and ended with Wii Sports Tennis being played on stage.

AniHawk

They'll show a Wii U sizzle reel with glimpses of games, then talk about the Wii U philosophy, then talk numbers and 3DS with a few clips of games and maybe a Zelda 3DS announcement, then it's Wii U trailers, features, and demos until the end.

what about the pokemon black and white 2 broadway play?

HylianTom

Banned
still watching Nintendo 2011 E3 SMH how did they get away with this shit... don't show anything 3DS this year
I know folks will disagree, but personally? It wouldn't break my heart if they spent five minutes on the 3DS.

They could say, "hey - here are the events where we'll detail the 3DS' future titles. The first one is later this week, and there will be X number of titles playable on the floor, including {Big Title 1}, {Big Title 2}, {Big Title 3}, etc. Now, here's this sizzle reel."

{*sizzle reel plays for three minutes*}

"Okay, now that that's out of the way.. let's get to the U!"

I've not seen this one! Sweet - video game music about party favors never ceases to amuse me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom