• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Stahsky said:
Come on man. Keep this crap out of the thread.

Well, no one was talking gameplay, they were just discussing how many frames they were getting. ;)

Nekrono said:
I know what you mean and where you're coming from, but for me at least I just go with what is more fitting and feels better (not with FPS though those are strictly K&M).

Recently I played Mafia 2 on PC and I tried both and even though it played beautifully with K&M I just went ahead with my PS3 controller, the gameplay and the game itself is more "inviting" to controllers.

I'll definitely try both with The Witcher 2 and just pick the one that feels better for the game to me.

See, a thought out response. Christ.

Is fair enough its your thing, I just can't imagine navigating the screenshot posted above at all inviting using a controller. Sure, personal preference etc, but still.

PS> Someone tell me if you can a) INvert mouse, and b) bind mouse buttons to commands.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Chiggs said:
Because I can sit on my comfy couch and play a badass game on my giant television which is hooked up to my beastly HTPC.
Pretty much this!

Omi said:
Is fair enough its your thing, I just can't imagine navigating the screenshot posted above at all inviting using a controller. Sure, personal preference etc, but still.

This is the beauty of a PC. No one has to give a shit which is better, because we all have both.

Nice screenshots liquid, looks great.

Playable bullshot quality mode comfirmed :D
Pc gaming fuck yeah.
What's up with those shadows btw? Such low res shadow edges, looks straight out of an xbox360game.
I was expecting nice smooth softshadows.
Dx9 constraint? Dx10 and 11 were supposed to be able to handle soft shadows much, muchmore efficiently right?

Are you people serious about no inverted ruining it?
I don't play inverted but I bet I could get used to inverted in any game within an hour.
This is a 30-40 hour game folks, not bulletstorm where you finish in 4.
Pretty sure setpoint and the razer software lets you invert your mouse axis btw ;), just to rub it in.

If no inverted pad does your head in I wonder how you react to not being able to get your mouse speed exactly the same in any two games.

Exuro

I expect CDPR to listen to their fanbase so I'm sure inverted controls will be patched in at some point. It is pretty lame that it isn't there in the get go though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You guys seriously need to learn how to play with non-inverted controls. You will literally never ever encounter this problem ever again.

Nekrono

Omi said:
Yeah don't get me wrong I'm all up for K&M and I'll definitely start with that, it's just that I have a 'feeling' that it could played very differently (in a good rewarding way) with a controller, especially because it involves a lot of walking/running and hitting up things :p.

thetrin

uuuhh..doesn't the game have a button to toggle between gamepad and KBM anyway? If so, who gives a fuck?

bhadjc.jpg

these are the options you get. I checked the separate config program and nothing.

thetrin said:
You guys seriously need to learn how to play with non-inverted controls. You will literally never ever encounter this problem ever again.

Is this for real? wtf?

Nekrono

Have you guys checked the "config" file (assuming there is one) about the non-inverted option, maybe it's something that could be fixed there.

If not then don't worry I'm sure it's something CD Projekt will patch pretty soon, especially with the support they are showing regarding that aspect.

Omikron

SneakyStephan said:
I don't play inverted but I bet I could get used to inverted in any game within an hour.
This is a 30-40 hour game folks, not bulletstorm where you finish in 4.

If no inverted pad does your head in I wonder how you react to not being able to get your mouse speed exactly the same in any two games.

Been playing invert since mouse look was an option, thats a lot of muscle memory conversion to do.

Zeliard

Can you check the config files to see if you can tweak it there?

SneakyStephan said:

Haha, you have to be joking. It's a massive change, especially if you've been using it a certain way for a long time.

thetrin said:
uuuhh..doesn't the game have a button to toggle between gamepad and KBM anyway? If so, who gives a fuck?

To play at my desk requires this game run at 2560x1440 for me and that's never going to happen at ultra settings even with my 5970.

Thus, I want to play with my xbox 360 controller (in fact I bought the wireless controller for this game) on my couch on my 50" plasma) but the lack of invert is going to fuck me, making the camera go the wrong way all the time will be terrible.

Can someone who's got the game please check the external config file because it has an 'input settings' button down the bottom. Are we sure it's not there?

thetrin

Zeliard said:

Haha, you have to be joking. It's a massive change, especially if you've been using it a certain way for a long time.
I actually changed from inverted to non-inverted after playing AvP PC way back, which didn't have inverted mouse look when it was first released.

So yeah, it's possible.

ColonialRaptor said:
To play at my desk requires this game run at 2560x1440 for me and that's never going to happen at ultra settings even with my 5970.

Thus, I want to play with my xbox 360 controller (in fact I bought the wireless controller for this game) on my couch on my 50" plasma) but the lack of invert is going to fuck me, making the camera go the wrong way all the time will be terrible.

Can someone who's got the game please check the external config file because it has an 'input settings' button down the bottom. Are we sure it's not there?
Oh yeah, sorry, I wasn't talking about the inverted options. I was referring to Omi talking about people playing the game with a controller and navigating the menus.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Omi said:
See, a thought out response. Christ.
Oh don't be like that when you were trolling.

thetrin said:
Seriously, I learned to do this years ago, like in Quake 1 after having played Duke and Descent inverted. I switched back and forth several times on consoles because different games always used something different. It seems like inverted hasn't been default in most games for a while now (Halo had a big impact), so I'm a little surprised to see people crippled by native.

Zeliard

thetrin said:
I actually changed from inverted to non-inverted after playing AvP PC way back, which didn't have inverted mouse look when it was first released.

So yeah, it's possible.

I've been using inverted mouse for like 15 years.

So yeah, it's not happening.

Zeliard said:

In an fps game or when you have to fly a plane maybe, for camera control in an rpg? PSH, who cares if you mess up your ups and downs sometimes.

I'm not saying they shouldn't add it btw, but man what a thing to be dramatic about...

edit: I use invert look when controlling vehicles in games that let me , and non inverted for camera control in adventure games.
It's just a switch in your head that you flip, never phased me before.
You aren't the only one who has been gaming with a mouse for 15 years, I've been at it since you had to use pgup and pgdwn to look up n down.

thetrin

I mean, I feel for you guys. There's no excuse for this option not being there. That being said; man, you guys bet on the wrong (inverted) horse.

SneakyStephan said:
In an fps game or when you have to fly a plane maybe, for camera control in an rpg? PSH, who cares if you mess up your ups and downs sometimes.

I'm not saying they shouldn't add it btw, but man what a thing to be dramatic about...

FFXI PC actually got me used to inverting the horizontal camera movement. I've gotten used to bizarre things in games.

It's stupid to release a game without inverted controls, people play this way and have done so for years. I really don't understand all this stupid ass responses. It's a fucking problem.

ManeKast

No inverted, oh great, I have gone to the ends of the earth to play this game in two hours and I have to play with my controller upside down? No can do.

pahamrick

GoG people open up your downloader. Mine just started downloading the last bit of the files and is currently 1 minute away from completion.

thetrin

BigBlackGamer said:
It's stupid to release a game without inverted controls, people play this way and have done so for years. I really don't understand all this stupid ass responses. It's a fucking problem.
I agree. It's a huge problem. I even said so like, 5 posts up.

Zeliard

That dragon looks awesome. Can't wait to see it crumpled beneath my feet.

Omi said:
Indeed.

But I am sure you can change, right?

Could very well be an option they just neglected to put in the menu but is available in the config ini files. Especially since you have to use an outside config program to really tweak much of anything.

thetrin

First, they came for our 16:10. And I didn't speak out, for I had a 16:9 TV.
Then, they came for our inverted camera controls, and I didn't speak out, for I use native.
Then, they came for me, and everyone else was too busy playing Witcher 2.

Omikron

Zeliard said:
That dragon looks awesome. Can't wait to see it crumpled beneath my feet.

Could very well be an option they just neglected to put in the menu but is available in the config ini files. Especially since you have to use an outside config program to really tweak much of anything.

Mouse button bindings for eg?

Nekrono

Regarding the non-inverted option maybe this could be a temporary fix if you are using motionjoy...

untitled3ub7.jpg

Doesn't the 360 controller app or w/e it uses have something similar?

Might be able to force invert through the driver yep... can't remember off the top of my head, not in front of it now though :/

30 minutes until the end of the work day. My god this day has DRAGGED!

TOMORROW IS GONNA SUCK EVEN MORE!

Then Thursday I do it all again for LA Noire except I'll pick up LA Noire at lunch time and try it on the PS3 in the office :D

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The download is already continuing for me now, yay, 10-15 mins to go (It will slow down since I'll get some of the bonus material too) :)

Edit: ops, guess you all fond out too :p

pahamrick said:
GoG people open up your downloader. Mine just started downloading the last bit of the files and is currently 1 minute away from completion.

Yep, same for me. It's downloaded and now installing.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It is possible to have SSAA on an ATI, right? I'm pretty addicted to SSAA over MSAA or Adaptive MSAA. Usually I am satisfied well enough with 4x and if I could do that on high at 30fps that'd be fine for me.

RedSwirl

BigBlackGamer said:
took a quick pick of the menu screen. I'm seriously disappointed by the lack of inverted controls. It's fucking 2011.

I can understand, this being the first game CD Projekt has ever designed for a controller, but they need to get on that shit ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom