• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is super impressive packaging on just the standard. I keep digging in more to the bonus disc case and this is just the cats meow.

MollyMillions

Neo Member
Tomat said:
GoT with man then GoG. Get goin.
On it.
ThumbsUp.gif

Nekrono

This thread isn't moving as fast as I was expecting tonight... I guess it's really gonna hit it off later on tonight/early morning and especially after Steam unlocks it and people finish downloading.

I expect to have it and ready to play around 4pm tomorrow.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Turning on fraps to take some shots shortly. Will try the uber mode first.

Radeon 6950 to 6970 with maxed out OC.
I am too waiting for your results, running a 6950 stock here, hopefully is around 30 FPS on ubermode.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
People waiting for the unlock are making me laugh. My copy is only coming tomorrow, so I'm just sitting back and reading the thread. You guys crack me up.

DangerStepp

My GOG download is chugging and my new baby (Radeon 6870) will be here tomorrow and ready to install as soon as I'm home from work.

I'm so amped! I haven't been this excited for a game in a very long time.

Chiggs

Gold Member
LiquidMetal14 said:
Patching now. Gimme maybe 20 to 25 to get my bearings as I have to configure then take some shots for you guys.

Please don't skimp on the 360 controller analysis!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So for all of us with the GOG version, we should be able to play the game in a little over two hours?

LiquidMetal14

A few quick shots on Uber. Getting about 40fps average in the cutscenes. More than smooth to me. Of course some tinkering will be needed. I haven't added any AA like MLAA either.

witcher22011-05-1701-0ti0y.png

witcher22011-05-1701-0pe83.png

witcher22011-05-1701-07hkq.png

Back in a few. The game is just starting.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Gully State said:
Can those of you posting SS include framerate counter? I'm really curious what hardware performance will be..

It's probably a good idea, but there have also already been benchmarks posted. One of the comparison shot links has benchmarks.

DangerStepp said:
"The Witcher 2: Review in Progress
Is CD Projekt RED's sequel any good?"

That's the title and sub-title of what IGN currently has up in their "Review In Progress" section.

WTF is that supposed to mean: "...any good?" Isn't there a better way to mention that the original game was fantastic or hype up the fact that this could live up to or surpass it?

"Any good" My ass.

The game isn't multiplayer shooter #5436, so apparently they don't give a fuck about it.

Hawk269

LiquidMetal14 said:
A few quick shots on Uber. Getting about 40fps average in the cutscenes. More than smooth to me. Of course some tinkering will be needed. I haven't added any AA like MLAA either.

witcher22011-05-1701-0ti0y.png

witcher22011-05-1701-0pe83.png

witcher22011-05-1701-07hkq.png

Liquid, mind posting your specs as well? Oh and I thought that Uber settings automatically added AA as I had hear that reported from others that have it already...basically Uber is the best possible setting you can have and it is the best it could look.

Oh and dont forget to let us know about the controller support! Thanks man!

Hawk269 said:
Liquid, mind posting your specs as well? Oh and I thought that Uber settings automatically added AA as I had hear that reported from others that have it already...basically Uber is the best possible setting you can have and it is the best it could look.

Oh and dont forget to let us know about the controller support! Thanks man!

His specs are in two of his posts above you

DangerStepp

thetrin said:
The game isn't multiplayer shooter #5436, so apparently they don't give a fuck about it.
I really hate to be that pessimistic, but that was more or less the sentiment I had when I read it.

mr stroke

LiquidMetal14 said:

[/img]

So the talk of shitty AMD card performance is BS??
6970 maxed at 40fps sounds good to me. About par with the GTX580 benches.

LiquidMetal14

Going into the very first gameplay bit, I'm in the lower teens. Should give you an idea of how hindering that first scene is. Some things may have to be turned down or just going to high would be fine. Gimme a minute and I will try it. If high is going to look comparable to uber then it's not worth it going so taxing. I've had the game freeze twice but waited about a minute and things came back, FYI.

witcher22011-05-1701-1uuep.png

witcher22011-05-1701-1en4w.png

witcher22011-05-1701-1xngd.png

first gameplay where you take control

witcher22011-05-1701-1aniz.png

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I don't get it... Why are some people saying the GOG version is up for complete download while others are saying to wait a couple more hours?

What's going on?

thetrin

mr stroke said:
So the talk of shitty AMD card performance is BS??
6970 maxed at 40fps sounds good to me. About par with the GTX580 benches.

The benchmarks didn't look that positive for Uber, so that's a bit surprising. I wonder how my 6950 2GB will run at Uber.

EDIT: Nevermind. Low teens is what I expected. I'll run at Ultra and enjoy my ~40, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom