• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

What is really worth noting is that even though the game is about a year old (and if you recall the base version was significantly both richer and cheaper compared to base versions of other games), the enhanced edition for PC is being re-released as a brand new game, and at the price of a somewhat expensive one.

Even at the moment, people are better off grabbing the last few copies of TW2 2.0 version (at £12) and get the free update (as well as register it on GOG), than waiting to buy the expensive new enhanced edition.

Tokubetsu

Downloading the prepatch now, 11.97 gigs.

CDP filling us up with so MUCH CONTENT.

iLfV138xG2Xqj.gif

Man that pre-patch is downloading fast as hell. It'll be done in an hour. No one answered my worries about input lag though. I've had the game since release but been unable to play it due to my shit PC. Is it true that if you're not hitting 60fps that the game has terrible input lag?

Zeliard

bit disappointed in the lack of hype for this. i expect the word of mouth to be good so by the time witcher 3 comes out there should be a strong following.

Seriously 360 owners you better buy this game. If you pay for Xbox Live Gold and ignore a game like this you should be smacked about with a heavy wooden stick.

Kyaw

Man that pre-patch is downloading fast as hell. It'll be done in an hour. No one answered my worries about input lag though. I've had the game since release but been unable to play it due to my shit PC. Is it true that if you're not hitting 60fps that the game has terrible input lag?

Not true. I play at around 45fps and experienced no lag.

Minsc

Gold Member

I noticed no unusual lag at 45-60fps vs 60fps, but I used a gamepad, which helps mask the lag I suppose.

Not true. I play at around 45fps and experienced no lag.

I noticed no unusual lag at 45-60fps vs 60fps, but I used a gamepad, which helps mask the lag I suppose.

Thanks dudes. I did some digging, and noticed that the issue seemed to dissapear a while back. Must have been patched, mostly, or something. Just loaded it up on mine, and even though I was only squeaking past 24fps I didn't notice any huge lag either.

Should we be expecting any performance upgrades in the EE? Witcher 1 was a pretty nice boost.

gdt

Do I just go to my Witcher 2 (account) page and dl that 10gb download?

Guess so.

Or do I dl from the launcher?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That's not what that is.

the wooded area is where you crash with the dragon at the end of the original, the shot of the bridge are part of the new ending cinematic and my guess is that it relates to the Empire crossing the river.

Oh nuts, you're right. Damn.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I wouldn't say dated honestly; the game still looks good, even though it doesn't come close to TW2 obviously. I think of dated in older terms.

The engine is dated, but some of the environments look great still, particularly everything in the Lakeside area.

Moaradin

GTX 680 is ready to smash on the new EE content.

I loaded up Witcher 2 yesterday. ubersampling still sub-par fps =(

Also, has there been any fix for the grid shadows yet? Those shadows kill the graphics for me now. It's the first thing I end up looking at and I can't unsee it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Also, has there been any fix for the grid shadows yet? Those shadows kill the graphics for me now. It's the first thing I end up looking at and I can't unsee it.

No fix for shadow dithering yet. Sucks. It's the only blemish on the engine.

What does that even do for such a massive FPS hit?

Supersamples the game from multiple camera angles.

I loaded up Witcher 2 yesterday. ubersampling still sub-par fps =(

Ubersampling is shit. I just do my own supersampling/downsampling. 1440p --> 1080p = yum.

Pollux

So, I've never played the first one since I only have consoles, but I'm REALLY looking forward to this game.

I don't think I've ever heard a negative review of it.

Not sure what to do with this game, really wanted to play it since it was first released but don't have a pc good enough to run it especially since I would want to run it on ultra. How is the replay value if I play it on consoles and then buy it again later this year when I build my new pc?

gdt

Not sure what to do with this game, really wanted to play it since it was first released but don't have a pc good enough to run it especially since I would want to run it on ultra. How is the replay value if I play it on consoles and then buy it again later this year when I build my new pc?

A replay is mandatory. The middle act is almost completely different depending on a choice you make at the end of act 1.

Pre-load doesn't work for the Steam version. Which was pretty much assumed, but they confirmed it.

On the bright side they also confirmed that the Steam Overlay will finally be fixed.

Glad I read this post, had just started the download. Lame that there's no pre-load for Steam. I need this deep inside of me, now.

Poland is in Central Europe, so you might want to rethink your assumptions next time.

Well, that's an oddly dickish sounding post over such a minor thing.

1stStrike

Banned
Can't wait for this. I played through both sides before all the way through, but with the extra stuff this will be a great time for a 3rd play through - especially the added content at the end!

Top Bottom