• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Performance Thread [Enhanced Edition Patch - New content & 100+ fixes]

v0mitg0d

Typographenia said:
I apologize if this has been asked many times before, but I can't get the game to launch.

I'm running bootcamp on my imac 27inch, I've updated my video card driver, I excluded witcher two from avast checking, I set all the .exe files to run as admin, yet I still can't get the game to launch.

How did you update your bootcamp drivers for your imac? I've been trying to find a way to do this because when I go to AMDs website, the drivers are from January.

Refreshment.01 said:
Hold on... Won't this be available as a separate download like the patches? You'll need to log in inside the game?
idk. but i just loaded up the game launcher and it prompt me to download. but i guess later but for now it's through the game launcher.

Vasilisk said:
Yes! GOG version updating, as it has been said, around 700 MB. Global saturation between this and Battlefield 3 Beta! XD
that's before they decrompressed the data lol.

dino1980

I have some trouble implementing crossfirex with Witcher2.

I have 2x 6970 and have 40- 60 fps with all on ultra (no ubersampling) in 1080p. Have checked with MSI Afterburner and the load on the two cards is about 50-60%. Is there anyway to get so that they output 100% with this game?

Have tried launching the game with radeonpro but just get a strange fail message.

Witcher 2 version 2.0

Catalyst 11.10 preview (BF3)
CAP 11.8

Specs
Intel I5-2500k 4.2GHz
2x 6970 ati CFX
8GB memory

/Thanks

Nope.

I can't seem to load the game at all at the moment. I've done first time install, I get the launcher menu, then I choose to go to game and it tries to do first time install again but with no steps.

Solo

Foliorum Viridum said:
Nope.

I can't seem to load the game at all at the moment. I've done first time install, I get the launcher menu, then I choose to go to game and it tries to do first time install again but with no steps.

Payback for not playing in May! muahahaha

For real though, that sucks man :_(

Curse you!
I only played the first Witcher after the Steam Sale, to make you hate me more!

I think I'll wait until the new patch hits to see if it fixes itself. I don't want to risk validating the files and re-downloading 16gb or however big it is if I don't have to.

dino1980 said:
I have some trouble implementing crossfirex with Witcher2.

Witcher 2 version 2.0

Catalyst 11.10 preview (BF3)
CAP 11.8

Specs
Intel I5-2500k 4.2GHz
2x 6970 ati CFX
8GB memory

/Thanks
Dino maybe im wrong but you are not supposed to be using CAP's with the 11.10 preview. AMD will release the CAP for the driver at a later date.

lifa-cobex

Foliorum Viridum said:
Nope.

Just tried it myself. It did the first time install and tried to boot up but failed. Had a few problems but its running fine now :S

kokujin said:
Anybody want to share their results, better performance, worst, or the same.
Better, I think. I turned everything up to max (expect ubersampling) and I'm getting 35+ in really open areas (like looking out over the camp at the start of the game) and 50-60 just running about doing stuff, which I'm pretty sure is better than I got before with LoD and shadows turned down.

Without reading the last few pages of the thread, has anyone tried the Tutorial quest? I swear there's a huge bug in the beginning that is preventing me from continuing...

Eusis

I've had the tutorial work fine for me both run throughs, though I swear it said I could open the Inventory by pressing Up on the D-Pad when it actually doesn't work.

It's a great way to get a taste for KB/M control! It also showed me that I'm better off with the Pad, I was told to play it "normal" when using the gamepad but "easy" on the keyboard, and had a lot more trouble struggling to remember where things were. Of course I also had probably 5-10 hours of experience with the gamepad, so there's that.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
3 minutes until Steam finishes my patch. Actually glad I held off playing for this patch. Looking forward to dark difficulty on my first run!

Varna

Just finishing downloading on Steam.

Won't get to play for a bit... any more graphic improvements or optimizations?

Derrick01

Banned
Their patching system for Steam is awful. Why does it have to mess with the launcher shit when it already downloaded through Steam? I've been stuck at the same spot on decompressing data for close to 10 minutes now.

Varna

Derrick01 said:
Their patching system for Steam is awful. Why does it have to mess with the launcher shit when it already downloaded through Steam? I've been stuck at the same spot on decompressing data for close to 10 minutes now.

I'm guessing is all that is happening Steam is downloading a patch.exe that is slightly modified to work with the Steam version. The long as decompression is for all versions.

EDIT: Only took a few minutes for me.

So I'm not too impressed with the game's version of AA...I still see jaggies all over the place. What's the deal? Is it better to force it on through the GPU?

epmode

Derrick01 said:
Their patching system for Steam is awful. Why does it have to mess with the launcher shit when it already downloaded through Steam?
Because Steam only downloaded a patch, not the completed file structure. If The Witcher 2 behaved like other Steam games, you'd have to redownload almost the entire game for even a small update since the game data is contained in a few massive container files instead of hundreds of smaller files.

squidyj

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Without reading the last few pages of the thread, has anyone tried the Tutorial quest? I swear there's a huge bug in the beginning that is preventing me from continuing...

Only problem I noticed was when the game asked me to riposte I never got the riposte icon over my enemy and had to riposte by feel.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Anyone else getting some serious problems with this patch? Game takes AGES to load and when you load a save it freezes :D

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
MadraptorMan said:
So I'm not too impressed with the game's version of AA...I still see jaggies all over the place. What's the deal? Is it better to force it on through the GPU?

Wow really? I found the AA solution to be quite serviceable at 1080p. Sure there's still jaggies but atleast it doesn't blur the entire damn screen like some modern games AA do.

(._.)

Banned
MadraptorMan said:
How would I go about doing this too?

Also, I have noticed I get more frames with ubersampling on now. It is much more playable now and I am leaving it on. I have just one GTX580 in my system too. Before I had everything on with ultra settings and I got a smooth playable frame rate. With ubersampling on though it would drop considerably till it was noticeably laggy looking.

Anybody else notice this change?

The game is very much playable now for me with everything maxed. I think I'm getting around 30fps.

Top Bottom