• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

w00zey

So I got to ACT 2 this morning. I am just curious I am level 20 and at the moment I just want to play the main storyline stuff (so I can play batman and return when I beat the game) and am just wondering.

a. Is it possible level wise to just power through the story at this time?
b. How much longer is the game just taking the main story in to account?

So I got to ACT 2 this morning. I am just curious I am level 20 and at the moment I just want to play the main storyline stuff (so I can play batman and return when I beat the game) and am just wondering.

a. Yes
b. Hm...like 6 hours if you power through.

pbsapeer

Banned
Just done the part in novigrad with
whoreson junior. man what a fucking prick. Made the decision to kill him. Was getting angry just being in the room with dead women

emag

a. Yes.
b. Less than a ten hours, tops. There's not much in the way of new sidequests (apart from Matters of State), either.

can we talk to the druid quest npc now? i had trouble with some other npcs too. have to check later.

kept thinking about this quest but i think i havent done it yet so i cant say unless you meant the master herbalist that dude was fine to me even before this update

Now they just need to fix a couple other nagging things...

Sometimes slain enemies end up in weird positions instead of correctly falling to the ground. I killed a group of humans earlier and they all ended up stuck in something like the Neo bullet-dodge pose.

Also, i'm getting a bad glitch in some spots in Skellige. The camera zooms in too far and Geralt can't interact with anything. Enemies don't even respond to him when this happens since battle mode fails to initiate. Running to certain areas can fix it, but other than that, you have to save and reload.

Come to think of it, both these issues only started once I got to Skellige. Maybe it's just that area that needs some work.

yeah, that slain thing happened a few times to me thank god it wasnt game breaking (failing a quest or something). and i agree with skellege, there is this part near a cave where you do a quest i got this horrible stutter ffor a few seconds until i got inside it and finished the quest.

Arkham Knight or this gaffers? PS4.

tough choice, im not deep enough like in witcher with the batman game but if buying both isnt an option then go with Batman.

the witcher while not a bethesda game bug-wise a few more updates is just gonna make it better while Batman is a great experience already (i just have a couple hours in)

edit: though i guess is up to you which game is worth it right now (with current and future dlc) and which one is going to be a good candidate for the GOTY version purchase down the road

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speaking of the (Act 2 spoiler)
battle of Kaer Morhen... does Lambert dies if Keira isn't there to save him, or is it someone else who save his ass?

Yeah, I think that's really there to establish their
courtship
, right?

Yup. I actually hope they pop up somewhere in the next Witcher game, if they allow save importing. I know this is Geralt's last game, but I would like several of the side characters to at least be mentioned.

Älg

Did anyone else here also think that the directing and audio design in the cutscenes with the Wild Hunt was way better than the rest of the game? Spoilers:
I mean, the Eskel/Ciri vs. Caranthir, and Geralt vs. Imlerith fights were just way beyond anything else in the game, especially when it comes to audio. It just felt a lot more stylized and "directed" than the rest of the game.

Actually
he can die. Geralt has to go save him instead and he has a health bar.

Are you sure than he dies, and that it isn't just a game over if he runs out of health? I googled it and I can't find anything relating to his death.

Sifl

Älg;169980284 said:
Did anyone else here also think that the directing and audio design in the cutscenes with the Wild Hunt was way better than the rest of the game? Spoilers:
I mean, the Eskel/Ciri vs. Caranthir, and Geralt vs. Imlerith fights were just way beyond anything else in the game, especially when it comes to audio. It just felt a lot more stylized and "directed" than the rest of the game.

Are you sure than he dies, and that it isn't just a game over if he runs out of health? I googled it and I can't find anything relating to his death.
Someone was streaming it and I saw it happen. If you want I can try to find the video on twitch.

CoolOff

So, about to go up against the WO-Griffin on DM. I'm only just level 3 having cleared the entire area, and am fearing for my life.

The new DLC contract is pretty good. It's a shame they didn't get it in at launch, it would have been a great final contract. (although there is a higher lvl one than it)

Sifl

Älg;169982732 said:
That'd be pretty cool. Thanks!
Alright I found it but I'm on mobile so I can't link it, so apologies. His name is TrU3Ta1ent, the video is from May 26 titled Witcher 3 (Day 8) OP Build. Skip to 6:34:00 to see it happen. If you skip further ahead, after the fight
Lambert and Vesemir's bodies are being burned.

ramyeon

I think I somehow skipped that entirely. Actually discovered the cave while randomly exploring and dealt with the
tree
out of order.
I somehow skipped it too, never even saw it. I found the place of power above the entrance and dropped down right in front of the cave entrance. Afterwards I came out and the villagers were standing around a dead werewolf, I had no idea where it came from haha.

Kallor

Finally beat the game. Game clock has been stuck at 6 days and 8 hours for a few days now so I suspect its easily over 7 days. Completed probably 95% of the quests, still shit tons of ? all over my maps. If only more open world rpgs could get this much right.

So so good. Probably place it just above bloodborne for the best game I've played this year.

Oops, I meant maybe a similar elf city - but I guess they don't have one in this timeline, do they?

Dol Blathanna is the only Elven kingdom but it is regarded as a puppet kingdom of Nilfgaard. Highly unlikely Iorveth would settle there as he despises it.

There are rumours though Iorveth will feature in the second expansion but nothing official.

Coreda

An Nvidia hotfix driver is out that apparently addresses the Chrome browser conflict crashes. Marked it in the OP as fixed, but if people still experience crashes due to Chrome let me know.

Was the PS4 Gwent crash bug fixed? Was an early issue that fell off the radar.

gwent is rigged... there are certain cards that i tend to draw way way more often than my more powerful cards.

Do you just throw every card you have into your deck? I removed all cards with power levels 1-3( unless they're spy cards, or have special abilities) and consistently draw my best cards.

DToneli

Neo Member
I'm on
Bald Mountain, about to fight Imrelith. Playing as Ciri and killing the Crone was FAN - FUCKING - TASTIC.
I am still stunned by how things went in the
Battle
, what a great scene. I couldn't expect more from this game.
ATM I am lvl 27 and have over 5 days of game, worth every penny of my money
As soon as I beat the game I will try to finish all the Witcher Contracts and craft some armor

NekoFever

I finally got the master-crafted wolven armour and swords. Looks pretty badass. Great quest too, giving some good background to the witchers at Kaer Morhen.

Spoilery question about romance. Not sure what to do. ):

What happens if I tell both Yen and Triss that I love them? Yen was so heartbroken when I told her the fire was gone that I kinda don't want to. I'm conflicted now.

Spoilery question about romance. Not sure what to do. ):

What happens if I tell both Yen and Triss that I love them? Yen was so heartbroken when I told her the fire was gone that I kinda don't want to. I'm conflicted now.

Bad things.
They find out you're trying to get with both of them, and dump you. There is NO way to salvage either relationship, so tread carefully.

Kyaw

Side quest/near end game spoilers:

Apparently I failed the "Deadly Plot" questline by doing the Isle of Mist and Battle at Kaer Morhen stuff. Now at Final Preparations. Will this affect the endgame by a lot?

Does anyone know does Birna and her son reside somewhere within the Skellige Isles map? I'm wondering can you converse with them? Same for the ruler of Faroe. He wasn't in either village on the island.

I met Lugos in Kaer Muire and his son in a sidequest. I also met the Jarls of Spikeroog and Hindersfjall on their respective islands.

Nbz

Side quest/near end game spoilers:

Apparently I failed the "Deadly Plot" questline by doing the Isle of Mist and Battle at Kaer Morhen stuff. Now at Final Preparations. Will this affect the endgame by a lot?

It will only affect the
outcome of the war (and possibly Ciri's fate dependant on other decisions)

Kyaw

It will only affect the
outcome of the war (and possibly Ciri's fate dependant on other decisions)

Turns out Radovid will live and keep hunting witches/non-humans and rule Novigrad in this case, sucks

Do you just throw every card you have into your deck? I removed all cards with power levels 1-3( unless they're spy cards, or have special abilities) and consistently draw my best cards.

This is probably what they did. No reason to have a bunch of weather and weak cards without abilities in your deck.

Salsa

think im finally leaving Novigrad yesssssssss

honestly didnt enjoy this part of the game as much. I liked seeing Roche and Dandelion again but man having done everything on the outside before I got into that story stuff it basically just boiled down to errand runs from one guy to another inside the city.

I just wanna hunt some monsters again and be out in the open

honestly didnt enjoy this part of the game as much. I liked seeing Roche and Dandelion again but man having done everything on the outside before I got into that story stuff it basically just boiled down to errand runs from one guy to another inside the city.

You'll prolly quite like Skellige then.

Just popping in, cause I don't want to be spoilt. I'm playing the PC version and I'm wondering if you can disable the HUD (health etc) in tbe sense that it disappears when you aren't receiving damage?

Yep. Novigrad was a slog through waist high mud.

Coreda

Just popping in, cause I don't want to be spoilt. I'm playing the PC version and I'm wondering if you can disable the HUD (health etc) in tbe sense that it disappears when you aren't receiving damage?

The health bar auto hides in some areas, but I'd love to see an immersive HUD mod that you could configure to show elements selectively such as during combat, swimming, etc and completely toggle manually.

Also some way of canceling the middle-mouse button action after clicking it (I want to switch items!). Even got fined in Oxenfurt for this one when I thought torch was assigned but it was Grapeshot...

The health bar auto hides in some areas, but I'd love to see an immersive HUD mod that you could configure to show elements selectively such as during combat, swimming, etc and completely toggle manually.

Also some way of canceling the middle-mouse button action after clicking it (I want to switch items!). Even got fined in Oxenfurt for this one when I thought torch was assigned but it was Grapeshot...

Yeah, hopefully someone releases a mod then.

Nbz

Turns out Radovid will live and keep hunting witches/non-humans and rule Novigrad in this case, sucks

Yeah it kinda does, but besides it being
literally 1 image in the end scene with Dandelion narration
it doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom