• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Anyone else getting a glitch where the main menu music is broken up and sounds...well...glitchy? I tried deleting the game on PSN and reinstalling it, but that didn't work either. Weird.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Do you just throw every card you have into your deck? I removed all cards with power levels 1-3( unless they're spy cards, or have special abilities) and consistently draw my best cards.

Yeah if your deck is bloated with shit-tier cards you'll get wrecked. No reason to use more than the minimum and stack it with your best cards.

I can't climb up the ladder of Elverum Lighthouse in southern Ard Skellig, which means I can't access the "?" that's on the top.

Anybody else have that problem ?

I can't climb up the ladder of Elverum Lighthouse in southern Ard Skellig, which means I can't access the "?" that's on the top.

edit: I think when I got to that lighthouse I had an issue with being agro'd to a stray flying creature that I had to hunt down first.

Just stumbled across that lighthouse last night and also couldn't climb the ladder.

I wasn't sure if it was just some bug or if there was maybe some story reason or something that maybe brought you back there later being the reason why I couldn't climb it.

Probably just a bug.

Some say fast-traveling back and forth to the lighthouse does the trick. Will try that when I get home.

Got another bugged "?" in eastern Velen too. Small island north-east of Benek, covered in fog (it's extremely hard to see anything without Witcher senses on) and with a couple of low-level Foglets hanging around. There's a hidden treasure, but when you pick-up the key from the dead body, it makes the chest disappear.

Don't waste your time going there until they fix it. It's quite a long trip back because the island is surrounded by cliffs.

vall03

Only have the two difficulty trophies, Full Crew and the Gwent trophies left and I'm still not sure about going for a Death March run and go for the Platinum. I'm pretty sure White Orchard will be very brutal at the start. I feel like I'm going to horribly die against a drowner... But since there's barely any releases in the coming weeks for me, maybe I should just go for it.

Death March is fine really, especially since it would be your second playthrough so you know how careful you have to be.

This difficulty is actually much more interesting combat-wise because it always forces you to use signs and potions in a clever way. It's never TOO hard though, unless you get cocky and tackle quests that are way over your level.

Anyone else getting a glitch where the main menu music is broken up and sounds...well...glitchy? I tried deleting the game on PSN and reinstalling it, but that didn't work either. Weird.
Yep, had that glitch since the previous patch on PS4.

It's disappointing that they still haven't fixed the runestone and glyph crafting bug, it looks like I'm going to have to just sell all of these lesser and normal runestones and glyphs and try and buy greater ones from merchants with the proceeds :(

vall03

Death March is fine really, especially since it would be your second playthrough so you know how careful you have to be.

This difficulty is actually much more interesting combat-wise because it always forces you to use signs and potions in a clever way. It's never TOO hard though, unless you get cocky and tackle quests that are way over your level.

Tbh, I can deal with the combat difficulty, and just like what you said, as long as I'm careful, I will be able to deal with any enemy. I'm more worried about Gwent though, I barely played it during my first playthrough but I have bad experiences wherein the opponents would just throw several Unique cards in one turn and end up getting demolished.

Tbh, I can deal with the combat difficulty, and just like what you said, as long as I'm careful, I will be able to deal with any enemy. I'm more worried about Gwent though, I barely played it during my first playthrough but I have bad experiences wherein the opponents would just throw several Unique cards in one turn and end up getting demolished.

Before tackling the Gwent quests it's very important to purchase as many cards as you can from innkeepers, then play against merchants. They have relatively weak decks in Velen but some can give you powerful/hero cards.

On my first playthrough I ignored all merchants and buyable cards, and had a very hard time with the quests as a result.

Also, don't forget to reorganize your deck everytime you win a new card. Discard the low-power cards so you have more chance to draw powerful ones at the beginning of each game.

Sai

Um... Does Priscilla not drop a unique card after you beat her? Or is this some kind of glitch?

[EDIT] - Quick google search seems to indicate that it isn't a glitch. She doesn't drop anything... No worries then; thought I'd have to go back a few saves.

Only have the two difficulty trophies, Full Crew and the Gwent trophies left and I'm still not sure about going for a Death March run and go for the Platinum. I'm pretty sure White Orchard will be very brutal at the start. I feel like I'm going to horribly die against a drowner... But since there's barely any releases in the coming weeks for me, maybe I should just go for it.

Death march is pretty easy, and gwent is all about buying the right cards.

FYI there are missable/glitched cards. Would recommended using the below to prepare yourself.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-guide-detailed-guide-how-collect-em-all.html

Does anyone know any good female let's player that's doing this game (besides YOGSCAST), I'll like to see some different perspective, especially if they are very analytical

Triss' dress at the ball...

but I stayed strong.

obama-sweating.jpg

I couldn't hit that kiss prompt fast enough.

zkorejo

I just completed the Isle of Mists yesterday and got back to Kaer Morhen.

The game feels like its very close to ending.

I dont want it to end just yet. Can anyone please let me (without spoiling) know how far am i into the game.. or how many hours until the end?

If its really close, then I will start Arkham Knight and complete that first.

I just completed the Isle of Mists yesterday and got back to Kaer Morhen.

The game feels like its very close to ending.

I dont want it to end just yet. Can anyone please let me (without spoiling) know how far am i into the game.. or how many hours until the end?

If its really close, then I will start Arkham Knight and complete that first.

You're not actually quite at the end, I know it feels like it though. You've got about 10 hours worth of main quest.

Shaka

I hate and love this game.
I only really enjoy the combat when I am over powered. Inputs during combat sometimes do not register. Broken hit boxes.
Hate playing as Triss. It would be awesome if she got her own game though.
Roach is a rat bastard and sometimes I wish I could kill him, red dead style.
Character movement is weird.
Everyone wants to show me their tits.
Tipsy Triss sucks.
Really it's 90% love.

Trojan

I'm on the Gwent High Stakes quest, and
Finneas could be the biggest taint in this game. I've lost to him in this fistfight at least 5 times because there's no room to maneuver and he has that cheesy jab. Doesn't help that I'm level 18 and this is a level 26 quest.

zkorejo

You're not actually quite at the end, I know it feels like it though. You've got about 10 hours worth of main quest.

I'd say you have about 7-10 hours of story left(depending on difficulty, and how fast you complete certain objectives)

Thanks. I will save the final 10 hours for a bit. I want to come back to The Witcher and if I complete the game, I may not just for the sidequests/contracts.

SRG01

Finneas could be the biggest taint in this game. I've lost to him in this fistfight at least 5 times because there's no room to maneuver and he has that cheesy jab. Doesn't help that I'm level 18 and this is a level 26 quest.

Concerning this quest:
Move forward to approach him, then dodge backwards or sideways when he starts his swing. It's a little cheesy but it works.

Sai

Eh, I got him on the first try. Do you make good use of parries? Good for making a bit of space, luring those haymakers out of him.

Those fighters from Skellige like to work you with jabs too. So, keep that in mind.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm hungry to start this from the beginning, but I'm waiting for all the DLC to release first.
And hoping that I'll forget as much as I can from the story meanwhile.

Sums up what I'll be doing after my first playthrough - so, I'm just hitting the
Isle
of
Mists
area in the story; how far through am I story wise, it's feeling 70% ish...?

nib95

Banned

You can cheese it pretty easily with a specific strategy. Basically lock on, then dodge backwards diagonally to one side (left or right) just as an enemies lunging with a heavy punch, and then counter with a heavy punch right back. It's important you dodge diagonally backwards, instead of straight backwards, as this will always position you away from obstacles and constantly leave you rotating around the arena and enemy. Your heavy punch counter should connect. Then the enemy will respond with another haymaker, and just use the same technique again.

After you've hot him a third or fourth time with heavy punches using this technique, he'll respond with jabs instead of a haymaker. Before he does, ensure you keep some distance. If you always keep a medium distance from your opponent, just moving backwards and forwards whilst keeping space between you, the enemy will eventually get lured in to throwing another haymaker instead of any jabs, and once he does, just repeat the strategy above all over again.

Anyone know what happened to the Prima Guide on the Play Store? I was thinking of buying, as there was no guide included in the extras this time around. I like having something to refer to every now and then, mostly to check stuff like quests available or when they become "failed".

xkramz

are there any mods? well shaders? idk i read on a nother thread that someone had a shader or something like that.

Roussow

Just finished the mission where you swam onto
the Emperor's
ship under the cover of darkness -- now searching for the S
unstone
, I think? How long left?

I kinda just want to move onto Batman now, the games great -- but I want to close the book on the main story before playing other games.

emag

Just finished the mission where you swam onto
the Emperor's
ship under the cover of darkness -- now searching for the S
unstone
, I think? How long left?

I kinda just want to move onto Batman now, the games great -- but I want to close the book on the main story before playing other games.

Less than an hour.

Davide

Just finished
Get Junior, wow I did not expect it to be that messed up. Killed him without hesitation. I was disappointed Geralt made it just about Ciri at the end.

How long do I have left? Judging from walkthroughs it looks like I'm last the half way point but I hope not

Denton

RPG Codex released their review:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9961

"What can be said about the writing of Witcher 3, then? Well - simply put, it is one of the best-written games to have come out in well over a decade. Perhaps even the best-written RPG since Torment, tackling serious topics and pulling no punches, placing the player in a position of one of the last sane men in an increasingly insane world and never shying away from showing what insanity actually is while avoiding the pitfalls of cheap shock value."

Exactly.

Who's the bigger prick? Lambert or Yen? I'm gonna go with Yen because Lambert is actually a nice guy deep inside.

They are both cool if you get to know them.
Lambert Lambert what a prick.

the Batmobile in Arkham Knight reminds me of a futuristic Roach, one that actually comes right to you when called, can follow a path and just runs over shit that gets in the way.

cslesce

I screwed a lot lately with quests failed as I never know/knew in what order to play them...there's too much going on....what would be best approach?

Do we have a site with all info on how many points you get on quests?

Top Bottom