• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

mxgt

Banned
Hearts of Stone finished! what an amazing piece of DLC.

I'm stuck at level 38.5 and really want to get 39 for the Viper armor and swords - any way to get xp quick aside from grinding? got no other quests left.

Hearts of Stone finished! what an amazing piece of DLC.

I'm stuck at level 38.5 and really want to get 39 for the Viper armor and swords - any way to get xp quick aside from grinding? got no other quests left.

Unfortunately no, you'll have to grind monsters for xp and at this point every monster will only give you 1xp per kill. Only other way is to explore all the ? areas on your map in each location, that may trigger some small side quests or treasure hunts you have missed.

Alternatively, start NG+.

Hey guys, I have yet another question. I started with the Novigrad/Dandelion quests fairly late into the game, around level 15.
The quests themselves are level 12 missions and I just helped Dijkstra with some robbers and stuff. Right now I have two main quests open, "Count Reuven's Treasure" and "Get Junior". I was wondering how long the game drags on in Novigrad starting from this point, and when would be a right time to leave for Skellige, since I'm currently a level 17 and have fairly good gear.

Lender

Hey guys, I have yet another question. I started with the Novigrad/Dandelion quests fairly late into the game, around level 15.
The quests themselves are level 12 missions and I just helped Dijkstra with some robbers and stuff. Right now I have two main quests open, "Count Reuven's Treasure" and "Get Junior". I was wondering how long the game drags on in Novigrad starting from this point, and when would be a right time to leave for Skellige, since I'm currently a level 17 and have fairly good gear.

Both my original playthrough and NG+ I first took care of all my business in Novigrad, and only then went to Skellige.

bobawesome

Finally finished the game. What a week that was.

If there was anything that disappointed me with the game, it's the amount of bugs and glitches that are still present in the game.

X-Frame

Finally finished the game. What a week that was.

If there was anything that disappointed me with the game, it's the amount of bugs and glitches that are still present in the game.

My only complaint is the re-used facial models seemingly everywhere. It's like the same 4-5 guys but with slightly different features, all based on the same base face. But that is such a minor complaint it was all I could literally think of.

Werd

Took me 40 hours in and having cleared a ton of monster nests to realize you could loot them after destroying for quite a bit of crafting stuff. Woops.

Really enjoying the game though, including combat actually. Mostly expected seeing all the praise, but I could never really get into The Witcher 2 so I was a little skeptical. Though making precise movements on foot or getting stopped all the time on horseback leaves something to be desired directly after playing MGSV.

I'm sure this is mentioned but I hate how Roach is for some reason absolutely terrified of bridges. It just makes a full stop whenever I approach one in a full speed run.

Sai

My only complaint is the re-used facial models seemingly everywhere. It's like the same 4-5 guys but with slightly different features, all based on the same base face. But that is such a minor complaint it was all I could literally think of.
Yeah, I hope they mix things up a lot more when the Enhanced Edition hits. Didn't Witcher 2 go through something similar?

Lender

Took me 40 hours in and having cleared a ton of monster nests to realize you could loot them after destroying for quite a bit of crafting stuff. Woops.

Haha, same here. I read it during the loading screens by accident and I was like 'Wait, what?'

BumRush

How OP is the master crafted Griffin armor and sword set? I'm level 18 - with only the enhanced set - and I'm absolutely tearing through everything now (fast attack / igni build)...i can't possibly imagine what the master crafted version is going to play like

X-Frame

How OP is the master crafted Griffin armor and sword set? I'm level 18 - with only the enhanced set - and I'm absolutely tearing through everything now (fast attack / igni build)...i can't possibly imagine what the master crafted version is going to play like

I can't comment since I went for a Sword + Alchemy Fast Attack build with Feline armor and I would tear everything up.

Switching to Ursine though with the same build I loose some DPS but gain a lot of survivability too.

I do want to try a Signs build eventually, though I'm reading that Signs used to be a lot more powerful/OP in the beginning but the devs keep nerfing Signs.

BumRush

I can't comment since I went for a Sword + Alchemy Fast Attack build with Feline armor and I would tear everything up.

Switching to Ursine though with the same build I loose some DPS but gain a lot of survivability too.

I do want to try a Signs build eventually, though I'm reading that Signs used to be a lot more powerful/OP in the beginning but the devs keep nerfing Signs.

So it seems that if you spend the time to hunt down witcher gear you are OP by nature...

Re: sign nerfs. I faced a level 22 rock creature that didn't really take damage from my sword but could kill me in two hits. 4-5 igni blasts and he was dead. The signs are still pretty ridiculous.

Haha, same here. I read it during the loading screens by accident and I was like 'Wait, what?'

Nobody pays attention to the tips in the loading screens *sigh*

Swords not so much, armor is medium and built around sign usage, so if that complements your build, go for it.

Feline gear - fast attacks, stamina
Griffin gear - signs
Ursine gear - heavy attacks, adrenaline points
Wolf gear - mix of all

If things are too easy for you, you might want to change the difficulty up.

Rightfully so because OP sign builds with igni were one shotting everything in the game.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
After 130 hours, I crafted my very first Witcher gear: Mastercrafted Ursine. Up until now I've just been rolling with light gear, so the hard-hitting but slow moving heavy gear will take some time to get used to.

Redistributed some of my points/skills for a more alchemy/adrenaline based build, and then decided to test my build against the level 48 Archgriffin in Skellige. As a level 35, I was able to completely destroy the poor thing after only a few hits. I had on two Decoctions, an Enhanced Maribor Forest, an Enhanced Thunderbolt, some Enhanced Hybrid Oil... It was so satisfying.

I then tried my hand against 10-15 level 49 guards, and basically Whirl'd my way through everyone. All my adrenaline skills meant I could just hold down the attack button and I'd Whirl around forever chopping everyone down.

X-Frame

After 130 hours, I crafted my very first Witcher gear: Mastercrafted Ursine. Up until now I've just been rolling with light gear, so the hard-hitting but slow moving heavy gear will take some time to get used to.

Redistributed some of my points/skills for a more alchemy/adrenaline based build, and then decided to test my build against the level 48 Archgriffin in Skellige. As a level 35, I was able to completely destroy the poor thing after only a few hits. I had on two Decoctions, an Enhanced Maribor Forest, an Enhanced Thunderbolt, some Enhanced Hybrid Oil... It was so satisfying.

I then tried my hand against 10-15 level 49 guards, and basically Whirl'd my way through everyone. All my adrenaline skills meant I could just hold down the attack button and I'd Whirl around forever chopping everyone down.

Which are your decoctions of choice with that Ursine set? I keep flip flopping. I can actually hit 3 active at a time hit then I can use any potions which I don't think is a good trade off. Would much rather go 2 Decoctions + Tawny Oil, Thunderbolt, and Blizzard if fighting groups.

Flipyap

He used to do a full stop just whenever he looked at a blade of grass funny, so really it's an improvement.
Reminder: It's still a she. It always was and will always be a she, even if she dies and has to be replaced with a newer, more hay-efficient model. ;)

Witcher rule #1: LOOT EVERYTHING!

except when in view of town guards
I looted everything in the first two games because their worlds weren't remotely believable and it felt like the games were balanced around the expectation that players are kleptomaniacs, but I didn't steal a single thing from anyone in Wild Hunt (unless they were crazed murderers or part of an invading army, the really dickish part). I liked its world well enough to not want to expose its gaminess by looting containers I shouldn't have access to.
Can't say I understand why the devs insist on allowing the player to completely ransack every house while their owners stand there watching Geralt doing his best to fill his bottomless pockets with their possessions.

...and slept with the grand daughter. Your point?

Witcher don't care. No emotions.
wtzgU.gif

I finished the quest where I helped
Dijastra and Roche
and found
Thaler
for them.
It doesn't feel like the end of the story, but I didn't get another quest after beating that one.
Does this quest line continue later? And when?

Also, How do I know I did all the major side quests? So far I kinda bumped into them by going to places the main quest took me to. But I'm wondering if I missed some.

Nordicus

Dijastra and Roche
and found
Thaler
for them.
It doesn't feel like the end of the story, but I didn't get another quest after beating that one.
It comes up when you go forward in the main story. Don't worry, can't miss it.

Dijastra and Roche
and found
Thaler
for them.

Also, How do I know I did all the major side quests? So far I kinda bumped into them by going to places the main quest took me to. But I'm wondering if I missed some.

Yeah that does end abruptly but don't worry, it will continue in Act 2.

Look for any yellow notice boards on your map, they generally mark a lot of the side quests and points of interest in the given area, including witcher contracts.

Yeah that does end abruptly but don't worry, it will continue in Act 2.

Look for any yellow notice boards on your map, they generally mark a lot of the side quests and points of interest in the given area, including witcher contracts.

Acts? The game have Acts? I've been playing it for dozens of hours and I didn't enter a new Act so far,or at least the game never told me I did

Just started the game on PS4. So far sort of disappointed. Controls feel really clunky and the combat isn't very fun. Shouldn't of played bloodborne before this.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Just started the game on PS4. So far sort of disappointed. Controls feel really clunky and the combat isn't very fun. Shouldn't of played bloodborne before this.

Have you tried the alternative movement option? Check it out.

Lunar15

While it's clearly divisive and there's a chance you'll never get used to it, it's worth noting that a lot of people warmed up to it over time as you unlock more stuff.

BumRush

30+ hours in and I'm finally having fun with the combat. It's not bloodborne (nothing is though) but it gets better the more comfortable you get with Geralt's dancing style. Also, skellige is fucking gorgeous. Not sure if that's what you wanted to hear, but after sort of hating the game in the first 2-3 hours, it's quickly becoming my second favorite game of the generation.

I can not stress enough to stick with it. I had the exact same experience and it took me months with chunks of playtime every now and then, until I really got into it and now I'm having the best time I've had in ages. Use the Alternative movement controls in your settings as a first, and just try to get through the beginning.

ColdPizza

Banned

Stick with it...the game really comes into its own.

Anyway, anyone else on PS4 having problem with the Wolf Witcher gear set? Specifically
, can't open the chest at the broken down tower at Kaer Morhen and can't activate the crystal/portal on the wall with Aard, this apparently is a known bug and was supposed to be fixed in 1.12 but I'm up to date and still can't open the chest

zer0das

Banned
Stick with it...the game really comes into its own.

Anyway, anyone else on PS4 having problem with the Wolf Witcher gear set? Specifically
, can't open the chest at the broken down tower at Kaer Morhen and can't activate the crystal/portal on the wall with Aard, this apparently is a known bug and was supposed to be fixed in 1.12 but I'm up to date and still can't open the chest

Yeah, that problem has been around for at least a few patches. I have had the same problem on PC. Introduced with 1.10 I think? Haven't checked lately. I was pretty pissed because they screwed it up right before I got it in NG+.

ColdPizza

Banned
Yeah, that problem has been around for at least a few patches. I have had the same problem on PC. Introduced with 1.10 I think? Haven't checked lately. I was pretty pissed because they screwed it up right before I got it in NG+.

Meh, frustrating. I love the fuck out of this game but there are so many quirks/bugs in it.

Finished the story quests in Novigrad and on to Skellige now. I found my tempo in the game and I'm having a blast. Also did A Matter of Life and Death and now I'm torn between Triss and Yen haha. Does it matter who I pick or will my choice affect the storyline?

I see that Skellige is based on Vikings and stuff which is cool. Were these locations also in the previous Witcher games? I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of reunions and cool stuff since I never played 1 and 2.

X-Frame

Is the only way I can get Superior Oils for my weapons from random chests all around Skellige's waters?

I finished the main game and every contract and aide quest and am now starting HoS. I have about 4-5 oils I still need Superior versions of.

Not excited to hit all 50 of those Smuggler's Caches.

ColdPizza

Banned
Finished the story quests in Novigrad and on to Skellige now. I found my tempo in the game and I'm having a blast. Also did A Matter of Life and Death and now I'm torn between Triss and Yen haha. Does it matter who I pick or will my choice affect the storyline?

I see that Skellige is based on Vikings and stuff which is cool. Were these locations also in the previous Witcher games? I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of reunions and cool stuff since I never played 1 and 2.

It will affect some stuff down the road on a secondary level but nothing major...

Though, (seriously, don't click on this unless you're really curious)
I hear there's a way to work it so you can have a threesome with both Yen and Triss

Flipyap

The romance choice doesn't matter at all. You'll spend MUCH more time with Yennefer regardless of your choice (and she'll always treat you like garbage because Yens gonna Yen) while Triss basically disappears from the game after her personal quest, only making a couple short cameo appearances later.

Skellige wasn't in the games before. This game's reunions and references depend more on material from the books, the first two games don't factor into it nearly as much.

Is the only way I can get Superior Oils for my weapons from random chests all around Skellige's waters?

I finished the main game and every contract and aide quest and am now starting HoS. I have about 4-5 oils I still need Superior versions of.

I hit all of the smugglers caches (and every single POI in the game) and still need 4 superior oil versions after finishing the game. Was hoping I'd get at least one in Hearts of Stone, but nope, not even one.

I had all but 1 superior formulas before getting the smugglers caches

Top Bottom