• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Alpende

Hmm, I was able to get HoS "Killed It" gwent trophy even though I dont own it (yet). I guess I'm way too good at Gwent. (not even with full deck I got 192 in last round)

Edit: Anybody knows what is the best place to sell your stuff for highest profit? I found couple of videos, but all merchants I went to were patched.

I got that trophy too and didn't have HoS but you don't need the HoS Gwent cards for the Collect 'em All trophy.

Matush

You can get HoS trophies that are not quest related in the main game - gwent and the arrow deflection one.

192 is a good gwent score, try getting 300+ then we'll talk :p
Guess we can talk. :)

img_20160212_0304131vas9.jpg

NR deck is so OP.

mileS

Not sure if many still visit the thread but I wanted to share a couple of spoiler free videos I uploaded recently. Had a long long break from the game while I was waiting for patches and now I'm having a blast jumping back in. Performance on PS4 is great now!

I still notice new things all the time. Whether it be something an NPC says or something new in combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUvp2OcRJXI Pay close attention to the guy that killed my puppet mind control lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEy1uCl9Ltw Not even sure how I did this kick. I assume its a counter attack (which can sometimes be tricky to pull off) but damn did it ever feel badass at the time.

So I started playing the Witcher 3 near to launch but traded it in as I wasn't enjoying it. With all the praise I feel like I need to start again and push forward with it - especially considering it was partially the fact that all content seemed to be way too high a level to do that put me off.

My question is however, with the price still being very high, should I just wait until the inevitable complete edition? I have 12 weeks off in the summer so it wouldn't be bad to have a giant rpg.

Costia

I am somewhere in the middle of act 2 and I kinda stopped playing. I did the side-story quest chains (novigrad, skellige etc...) but at some point I just stopped caring about Ciri and the wild hunt. Does the main quest line get interesting further on? My next mission is
to find 3 dwarves in the mist. Meh.

Coreda

A Towerful of Mice

Oh, so this is from the alternate outcome.

Also was it a patch, Hearts of Stone, or just me, as I can't unequip or consume anything already equipped via the Inventory screen during combat. Dragging and dropping doesn't work, and neither does pressing 'E' to consume or Space to unequip.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I'm about 30 hours into my second playthrough.

• Released the evil spirit in the tree meaning that the Bloody Baron committed suicide. Damn, I felt so bad and kinda wished I had just destroyed the spirit.
  • Let Sarah stay in the "haunted" house. Now she's hanging out with Corinne Tilly. Poor Johnny.
  • Going for Yennefer this time around. I like Triss but having now read the books and played previous games I just feel like Yennefer is the only one for Geralt. Haven't had sex with anyone else but I don't know if I can resist Shani.
  • Ciri is definitely gonna be a Witcher again. I don't like the thought of her dying or becoming empress.
  • Radovid will die.
  • I told Keira to go to Kaer Morhen. I killed her initially and I definitely don't want her impaled.
  • I met Letho again and helped him out then told him to go to Kaer Morhen.

ColdPizza

Banned
I'm about 30 hours into my second playthrough.

• Released the evil spirit in the tree meaning that the Bloody Baron committed suicide. Damn, I felt so bad and kinda wished I had just destroyed the spirit.
  • Let Sarah stay in the "haunted" house. Now she's hanging out with Corinne Tilly. Poor Johnny.
  • Going for Yennefer this time around. I like Triss but having now read the books and played previous games I just feel like Yennefer is the only one for Geralt. Haven't had sex with anyone else but I don't know if I can resist Shani.
  • Ciri is definitely gonna be a Witcher again. I don't like the thought of her dying or becoming empress.
  • Radovid will die.
  • I told Keira to go to Kaer Morhen. I killed her initially and I definitely don't want her impaled.
  • I met Letho again and helped him out then told him to go to Kaer Morhen.

theres a third option for Keira. You can let her go to oxenfurt to meet up with radovid because she's expecting him to forgive her.

He impales her on a stake in the middle of the city. It creates a quest where you and triss retrieve her body to give her a proper burial

Griffith

Banned
Finally got around to playing through Hearts of Stone and it's so good.
All the quests were great, but I especially loved Scenes from a marriage. The whole horror vibe, and both the Caretaker and Nightmare Olgierd were really cool moments.

Really looking forward to Blood and Wine now.

ColdPizza

Banned
annoyed, had to do 2 playthroughs to get a trophy...just round 2 more trophies i missed so i need to play another partial playthrough, lol. i really want this fucking platinum.

At the second to last quest and I gotta say all the hype around this game was warranted. Fantastic game even though theres a ton I really disliked. Definitely wouldve ranked it higher on my GOTY had I beat it in time but cant feel too bad since it pretty much dominated everywhere.

I dont want this to end ;_;

Not sure how far along with you, but they are
elves, basically the Conjunction of Spheres brought elves and magic to this current world, and other worlds.

Ah gotcha. I'll have to do a lot of reading on the Witcher wiki after I'm done.

I actually have it backwards:
it brought humans and magic and monsters to the world
You were partially right too.
Before the Conjunction, the Elves of the Wild Hunt were able to move freely between worlds. They need a Source to let them do it again.

ColdPizza

Banned
What did you miss the first time?

There's 2 contract trophies. Specifically, The Byways mystery one, I somehow chose dialogue that completed the contract but didn't get to the real root of the cause which was
a vampire.

Also, on my first play trough I
killed Keira

Spacebar

I'm trying to get the "I wore Ofieri Before it Was Cool" trophy, but I think it's bugged. I got all of the amour gear, sword, and horse saddle. Anything to try and redo it?

Started my New Game+ on Death March yesterday. Death March is the last trophy I need. My Geralt's level 36 so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. I was surprised my armor and weapons carried over. Pleased CDPR decided to allow that.

ColdPizza

Banned
Started my New Game+ on Death March yesterday. Death March is the last trophy I need. My Geralt's level 36 so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. I was surprised my armor and weapons carried over. Pleased CDPR decided to allow that.

Yeah but keep in mind your armor is level 34. You'll still need to upgrade your gear as it will be underpowered since they scale everything up 30 levels.

Beat the game. Loved it.

Things I didnt love:
- Combat
- Horse controls. This made the last quest extremely frustrating.

Regarding the ending, I skipped the quest where Roche and the fat dude
conspire to kill Radovid. Do you actually kill him during that quest and alter the witch hunts?

Lender

Beat the game. Loved it.

Things I didnt love:
- Combat

conspire to kill Radovid. Do you actually kill him during that quest and alter the witch hunts?

Eilhart kills him. Afterwards you find out that Dijkstra is gonna screw Roche over, so you decide what to do: aid Roche and kill Dijkstra, or keep neutral and let Dijkstra kill Roche.

It has no direct influence on the story though. Even after his death everyone is still all 'Hail Radovid'. Bit disapointing.

ColdPizza

Banned
Beat the game. Loved it.

Things I didnt love:
- Combat

You kill him and and then Djikstra double crosses you, Roche and Thaler and you kill him. You also missed a trophy for not doing this if that matters to you.

Redania also falls (much easier) to Nilfgaard. They fall anyway but I guess without a king they crumbled faster.

You kill him and and then Djikstra double crosses you, Roche and Thaler and you kill him. You also missed a trophy for not doing this if that matters to you.

Redania also falls (much easier) to Nilfgaard. They fall anyway but I guess without a king they crumbled faster.
If you side with Djikstra the North wins, but he's a bit of a dictator.

mileS

you could just load a save and finish the game on death march (can change difficulty at any time)

I'm trying to get the "I wore Ofieri Before it Was Cool" trophy, but I think it's bugged. I got all of the amour gear, sword, and horse saddle. Anything to try and redo it?

You'll need the full horse set - saddle, blinders and saddle bags. You can buy them both from the merchant.

you could just load a save and finish the game on death march (can change difficulty at any time)

Nope, you have to do a full playthrough on DM from the beginning without ever changing the difficult.

ColdPizza

Banned
Question about point of no return,
Isle of Mists
. What quests it locks out when I start it?

Probably any secondary quest that has to do with any of the main characters...

So

A Towerful of Mice, A Favor for a Friend, Ghosts of the Past, A Matter of Life and Death, Now or Never, An Eye for an Eye, Following the Thread, A Dangerous Game, Cabaret, Carnal Sins, Possession, The Lord of Undvik, King's Gambit, and The Last Wish.

butman

Finished main game and HoS. Did all main and side quests. But something bothering me. I never saw the scene from the trailer when Emhyr is sitting on his throne and says to Geralt: "I shall give her what she deserves"

It was cutted from the final game?

ColdPizza

Banned
Finished main game and HoS. Did all main and side quests. But something bothering me. I never saw the scene from the trailer when Emhyr is sitting on his throne and says to Geralt: "I shall give her what she deserves"

It was cutted from the final game?

Looks like it was cut...

Just went back and watched the E3 trailer. Lots of changes, but got dam that is an incredibly sexy trailer.

I just fucking love this game...I honestly can't get enough, and I haven't even started HoS yet.

As others have said, pretty sure you have to complete the entire game on DM.

Beat the griffin relatively easy last night though he killed me a few times. Two hits and I was dead. Enjoying the challenge though. My dodging game was pretty good when I finished my first playthrough, though that was months ago.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Gaf, I'm kinda lost at the Isle of Mists and Brothers in Arms quest.
Am I supposed to do the Brothers in Arms first to gather people before I go to Isle Of Mists?
Because some brothers in arms quests are not tracking in the minimap so I dont know what to do first lol.

mileS

I don't think that would get him the trophy he's after though.
Nope, you have to do a full playthrough on DM from the beginning without ever changing the difficult.

Beat the griffin relatively easy last night though he killed me a few times. Two hits and I was dead. Enjoying the challenge though. My dodging game was pretty good when I finished my first playthrough, though that was months ago.

I stand corrected. I was told otherwise but now I know :) I swear I read from at least 5 different sources you could switch it later in the game and get it. That was around the first month the game came out, at that point not very many beat it to actually know.

Matush

Gaf, I'm kinda lost at the Isle of Mists and Brothers in Arms quest.
Am I supposed to do the Brothers in Arms first to gather people before I go to Isle Of Mists?
Because some brothers in arms quests are not tracking in the minimap so I dont know what to do first lol.
Do all BiA missions first.

ColdPizza

Banned

Level up as much as you can before attempting the botchling/lubberkin. Those wraiths are straight up assholes.

After that, I didn't find DM to be too troubling (other than Imerlith)

Top Bottom