• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Lender

Aside of this it was a GREAT game. Now i thinking if i'll of get Hearts of Stone or not. Would you guys recommend me?

large.gif

Matush

I may have a problem... I can't stop playing. I did almost nothing esle but played The Witcher 3 in the past 14 hours. This was the first day that I was fully dedicated to it and man oh man, what a masterpiece.

Quick question, am I able to get HoS Gwent cards even though I dont own it?

Just finished this piece of art on B&BB.

Now i thinking if i'll of get Hearts of Stone or not. Would you guys recommend me?

Best $10 you ever spent.

Just go ahead and get the season pass for $25. Blood and Wine is hopefully coming out very soon.

I may have a problem... I can't stop playing. I did almost nothing esle but played The Witcher 3 in the past 14 hours. This was the first day that I was fully dedicated to it and man oh man, what a masterpiece.

Quick question, am I able to get HoS Gwent cards even though I dont own it?

Exploring in TW3 can be addicting, I spent like 50 hours just exploring everything on the map.

HoS Gwent chars will require the dlc.

X-Frame

Switched from a Fast Attack build to a Strong Attack build and I'm enjoying Rend! Not sure if it's overall as effective as Whirl though -- since it is powerful for both boss DPS and crowd control.

Lettuce

Maybe I don't understand your question, but it works like potions do.
You get 2 bombs of each type (more if you have the alchemy ability) and the replenish when you meditate using alcohol.
I am ~15 hours in and have 8 types of bombs. I got most of the recipes from alchemy vendors and just roamed around to find most of the herbs. A lot of the ingredients are also available at herbalists/alchemists, so I just bough a few of them.
What ingredients are you missing?

Hang on, so you just need the ingredients to make each type of bomb once and then after that they replenish when you meditate?

butman

Any way to kown how many hours did i spent playing the game, i only can see the real time from the game itself not my playtime. PS4 btw.

I really enjoyed playing detective during King's Gambit but that payoff sucked. I dont know if my game glitched but when I caught the culprit on horseback, things went from
"The an Craits arent worthy!" to "Ok I'll help you here you go" in like 5 seconds.
The resolution was stupid too and way too convenient. I thought Geralt would figure out a clever way to solve the mystery.

Any way to kown how many hours did i spent playing the game, i only can see the real time from the game itself not my playtime. PS4 btw.

Press R2 from the inventory screen, it will be on the stats page.

Well that's strange, I was able to pick up Toad card, which is from HoS DLC. Not sure why, it was just on the table in Oxenfurt.

Well there are some that can only be bought/won off HoS npc's, so you won't be able to get them otherwise.

I found the Olgierd card
on a table of the fist floor of Shaani's house in Oxenfurt. Normally you get it by winning it off her.

Hang on, so you just need the ingredients to make each type of bomb once and then after that they replenish when you meditate?

Yup, meditation will replenish all your bombs, potions and decoctions, and heal you (unless you're playing on Death March) given you have strong alcohol like alcohest in your inventory.

I cant get wolven school armor from signal tower. The chest won't open. Seems like it's a common big but it's still continued this many updates in? Playing ps4 version

Oh well, if I can't use wolf, guess I'll use Cat

ColdPizza

Banned
I cant get wolven school armor from signal tower. The chest won't open. Seems like it's a common big but it's still continued this many updates in? Playing ps4 version

Oh well, if I can't use wolf, guess I'll use Cat

Same problem, same version, same outcome....I'm rolling Cat.

Same problem, same version, same outcome....I'm rolling Cat.
Need to gain two more levels before I can use mastercrafted version. Hope there's enough EXP in the remaining contracts and sidequests i have. Want to get it before I do the final quest. I wish I could go back to the gaf goty thread and make this number 1 on my list.

ColdPizza

Banned
Need to gain two more levels before I can use mastercrafted version. Hope there's enough EXP in the remaining contracts and sidequests i have. Want to get it before I do the final quest. I wish I could go back to the gaf goty thread and make this number 1 on my list.

If not, abandoned sites give 100xp here and there. Hit up every question mark you can.

Ozorov

So I've recently come to Novigrad in my search for
the "little" girl.

But I'm only level 3, soonish level 4. Should I go back to White Orchard and go after the questions marks/villages to found quests. Or is there plenty stuff to do in Novigrad at level 3?

I can recommend finishing White Orchard before leaving. Do all the side quests, the question marks and whatnot. It will only take you a few hours and you will be much more prepared for the world after that. Both in terms of items, swords and experience. You can also pick up like six places of power in White Orchard alone, so that's six "free" ability points you can spend you would have otherwise missed.

Ozorov

I can recommend finishing White Orchard before leaving. Do all the side quests, the question marks and whatnot. It will only take you a few hours and you will be much more prepared for the world after that. Both in terms of items, swords and experience. You also pick up like 6 places of magic, so that's 6 "free" ability points you can spend you would have otherwise missed.
Okey will do! Thank you :)

The Battle of
Kaer Morhen
was awesome.
RIP Uncle Vesemir :(

I never thought someone would be so uninterested watching half goat half human girls scissor each other but
Imlerith went and proved me wrong in Bald Mountain

Also, are the Wild Hunt
humans or Elves
? I assumed they were just some generic skeleton looking bad dudes.

Ciri and Geralt are great together. Loved the little moments between them like the snowball fight, or sitting atop Bald Mountain after that quest.

X-Frame

Finally finished all quests and HoS.

It's very difficult for me to want to play another game. This game spoiled me so much.

ColdPizza

Banned
The Battle of
Kaer Morhen
was awesome.
RIP Uncle Vesemir :(

I never thought someone would be so uninterested watching half goat half human girls scissor each other but
Imlerith went and proved me wrong in Bald Mountain

Also, are the Wild Hunt
humans or Elves
? I assumed they were just some generic skeleton looking bad dudes.

Ciri and Geralt are great together. Loved the little moments between them like the snowball fight, or sitting atop Bald Mountain after that quest.

Not sure how far along with you, but they are
elves, basically the Conjunction of Spheres brought elves and magic to this current world, and other worlds.

butman

Guys.
I'm one step to talk
to Avallach to start the final mission
and today i bought Hearts of Stone.
What do you recommend me? Should i finish the main story before i start the DLC, or i can play DLC and then end the game? What influences the game?

What's the best experience?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Can you skip quests on PC via a command or something? I've started this on PS4 and I just finished the Junior Whoreson questline, and I think I want to continue on PC.
Or can anyone give me a save file that's around or right before that part?

Annnnnd I got my The Witcher 3 Platinum trophy. It's my first Platinum trophy ever, and so far The Witcher 3 is my favorite game on the PS4, so it fits :)

Guess the most annoying trophy was collecting all the Gwent cards. I didn't beat all the innkeepers/merchants I came across, so I had to go to Witcher 3 maps and go by and beat every innkeeper or merchant and check if they had cards I didn't buy. Spent a whole night doing just that and it was a bit boring but oh well. The 50 headshots werent that bad luckily, just 6-7 trips to Devils Pit.

Now I'll allow myself to buy and start Hearts of Stone. Really looking forward to that.

dlauv

I'm going through this on New Game +. It's been less than a year, but everything feels so fresh. Picked it up and couldn't stop playing for two hours.

Did CDPR fix the gamma levels on the PC version? All of the colors are popping far more than I remember. It looks so good.

ColdPizza

Banned
Annnnnd I got my The Witcher 3 Platinum trophy. It's my first Platinum trophy ever, and so far The Witcher 3 is my favorite game on the PS4, so it fits :)

Guess the most annoying trophy was collecting all the Gwent cards. I didn't beat all the innkeepers/merchants I came across, so I had to go to Witcher 3 maps and go by and beat every innkeeper or merchant and check if they had cards I didn't buy. Spent a whole night doing just that and it was a bit boring but oh well. The 50 headshots werent that bad luckily, just 6-7 trips to Devils Pit.

Now I'll allow myself to buy and start Hearts of Stone. Really looking forward to that.

Yah, i'm replaying the game at break-neck speak up until the Kaer Morhen fight for the full crew trophy....I killed a certain person which prevented me from getting it.

If not, abandoned sites give 100xp here and there. Hit up every question mark you can.
Ended up just finishing the game with what I had. It's too bad cause that mastercrafted jacket looks sweet and would have made the cutscenes in the ending look less dorky

Death March complete. What a ride this game was. Went into this game knowing jack shit about the Witcher and now I just want more and more.

Going to pick up the expansion pass soon

So I only just got around to the Hearts of Stone dlc. One question, What the hell man?! This is well beyond Souls/Bloodborne difficulty and I'm only fighting the second boss. It feels like the expansion is designed for a completely different game! The story had me hooked but I'm pretty much ready to drop it since it's borderline unplayable even with Mastercrafted Griffin armor. I've been fighting this dick for about 3 hours now and even with both the better types of healing potions on my side I can't do anything.

I realize I'm supposed to counter him but sometimes he gets a cheap shot. Then he follows up with more cheap shots since I haven't even had a chance to build up for Quen again since I'm busy rolling out of his way and still getting hit during it. I can last a long time and get him beyond half health before I die but he's taking like 100 hits to kill and you can only get in 3 at a time.

There's got to be something I'm missing right? I feel like there should be but the first boss was a massive ramp up from anything else in the base game too.

The second boss is the
Oferi mage
, right?

Abuse igni to set him on fire or axii to stun. It's actually possible to stunlock them with igni and let them burn to death, though this might have required igni upgrades, I forget.

I also think you can actually
Just run away from that fight, if you want to.

Lender

So I only just got around to the Hearts of Stone dlc. One question, What the hell man?! This is well beyond Souls/Bloodborne difficulty and I'm only fighting the second boss. It feels like the expansion is designed for a completely different game! The story had me hooked but I'm pretty much ready to drop it since it's borderline unplayable even with Mastercrafted Griffin armor. I've been fighting this dick for about 3 hours now and even with both the better types of healing potions on my side I can't do anything.

I realize I'm supposed to counter him but sometimes he gets a cheap shot. Then he follows up with more cheap shots since I haven't even had a chance to build up for Quen again since I'm busy rolling out of his way and still getting hit during it. I can last a long time and get him beyond half health before I die but he's taking like 100 hits to kill and you can only get in 3 at a time.

There's got to be something I'm missing right? I feel like there should be but the first boss was a massive ramp up from anything else in the base game too.
Nah, I had the same feeling. I was battling this
wraith
in the expansion (you'll know when it comes up) who was just infuriating.
The bitch always managed to regen her health by those paintings, and I couldn't do anything about it. By the time I reached the painting she already had 90% of her health recovered, and I wasn't even playing on the highest difficulty level. (Blood & Broken bones). I got so pissed I just lowered the level all the way so I could just be done with it.

It's how he said it. It has no tie whatsoever with the original main story, no tie ins or anything.

Okey but what timeline etc? Before the main story or after?

Or is it in a separate universe?

You're really overthinking this. It just has no tie in to the main story so there's no reference point to give it a time frame of before or after.

Well, there is the one bit of reference / tie-in that puts the events of the DLC definitely after White Orchard, but that's about it. There are no other references to suggest the timeline of HoS.

It could be long after the events of the main game depending on what ending you got for the main game, or sometime in-between when Geralt is going through Oxenfurt/Novigrad.

The second boss is the
Oferi mage
, right?

Abuse igni to set him on fire or axii to stun. It's actually possible to stunlock them with igni and let them burn to death, though this might have required igni upgrades, I forget.

I also think you can actually
Just run away from that fight, if you want to.

Nah, I had the same feeling. I was battling this
wraith
in the expansion (you'll know when it comes up) who was just infuriating.
The bitch always managed to regen her health by those paintings, and I couldn't do anything about it. By the time I reached the painting she already had 90% of her health recovered, and I wasn't even playing on the highest difficulty level. (Blood & Broken bones). I got so pissed I just lowered the level all the way so I could just be done with it.

Second boss, so I assume you're referring to the
Oferi mage
. If that's giving you trouble then you may have more issues with the next boss fights.

It was really easy for me, and I play on Death March. Make good use of your potions and oils. Hanged man's venom for extra dps, Ekhidna decoction for health regen every time you use a sign with stamina. Focus on the adds first and try not to get hit by the boss' attacks. Once they are dead, move to the boss. He is really weak but his attacks are strong. Learn the attack patterns, dodge/run from his aoe attacks and hit him when he's open. I used Axii to stun him, close the gap and shred him up with Whirl.

But yes, the boss fights in the dlc are definitely harder than the ones in the main game. The final one with
Olgierd
on Death March trying to get the trophy is a massive pain, took me a full hour to get that one.

Ozorov

I'm just 16 hours into Witcher 3. I have never enjoyed a singleplayer-game this much before, so much I just bought the season pass. The world and characters are fucking amazing.

Do we know when the last expansion will hit?

And props to you people that plays this on death march.

I'm just 16 hours into Witcher 3. I have never enjoyed a singleplayer-game this much before, so much I just bought the season pass. The world and characters are fucking amazing.

Yes, the game is pretty awesome.

No date on the 2nd dlc yet, hopefully next month.

Death March is not hard, it's punishing for the first 12-15 levels, after that it's pretty easy.

How do i get superior oils?

I checked the master herbalist,but he doesn't sell formulas for them
I have some of them,but can't remember where i got them

(I mean things like superior relict oil,superior draconoid oil,etc)

Also,I'm about to finish all of the vanilla game content(main quest,side quests,contracts) and i'm only at level 30. I understand the max level is 60. How do you get so much exp? by infinitely grinding enemies?

MadYarpen

It get's easier. And I can't imagine playing it any other way. Glad you are enjoying it.

Matush

Hmm, I was able to get HoS "Killed It" gwent trophy even though I dont own it (yet). I guess I'm way too good at Gwent. (not even with full deck I got 192 in last round)

Edit: Anybody knows what is the best place to sell your stuff for highest profit? I found couple of videos, but all merchants I went to were patched.

Hmm, I was able to get HoS "Killed It" gwent trophy even though I dont own it (yet). I guess I'm way too good at Gwent. (not even with full deck I got 192 in last round)

Edit: Anybody knows what is the best place to sell your stuff for highest profit? I found couple of videos, but all merchants I went to were patched.

You can get HoS trophies that are not quest related in the main game - gwent and the arrow deflection one.

192 is a good gwent score, try getting 300+ then we'll talk :p

Is it possible that some Question Mark spots I've cleared have regenerated with new enemies? I swear I'm seeing places I'm almost certain I have cleared, but now they're fully white again (instead of grey), and at one place I saw three level 38 Nilfgaardian soldiers that instakilled me and took half my coin lol. I have never seen those guys before and it was at a Guarded Chest. It was no question mark on my map anymore - so I must have been there before.

Is it possible that some Question Mark spots I've cleared have regenerated with new enemies? I swear I'm seeing places I'm almost certain I have cleared, but now they're fully white again (instead of grey), and at one place I saw three level 38 Nilfgaardian soldiers that instakilled me and took half my coin lol. I have never seen those guys before and it was at a Guarded Chest. It was no question mark on my map anymore - so I must have been there before.

Enemies will respawn, especially in places like bandit camps if you don't kill everyone there and don't loot the main chest.

Top Bottom