• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Buy whatever recipes you can from Herbalists, find the rest during quests and points of interest around the world.

... Though, I did all of that during my second run through the game, and still couldn't get all of my bombs/potions/oils to Superior. Not sure if the game's just designed that way, or if I ran into a bug brought on by one of the patches, or what. :I

Hmm OK I'll go buy a bunch of recipes from herbalists and hopefully that gets me most of the way there. Maybe there are higher level herbalists that sell higher level recipes? If not then I'm going to have to go around doing POIs, which honestly I find pretty boring.

RedSwirl

Okay, I just finished Baptism of Fire and I'm trying to find a detailed but brief full summary of the last two books: The Swallow Tower and Lady of the Lake. I'd like to go ahead and complete my understanding of the books before starting TW3 and I don't have time to read the fan translations, much less wait for the official English versions to come out in 2016 and 2017.

The two main English wikis don't have detailed summaries of the books, only what's probably on their back covers. Even Geralt's profiles on either wiki don't describe at all what he does in any of the books.

Exentryk

I know enemies have their own levels but I'm talking particularly about bosses because they aren't presented with a level.

Bosses, like normal enemies have fixed levels. The higher difficulty just gives them better stats. The only enemies that increase their levels based on Geralt are the soldiers (Novigrad, Oxenfurt, Crow's perch etc).

GravyButt

How come I still cant put any of my runes into any of my weapons or armor. Not sure if its a glitch or maybe im doing something completely wrong?!

Is anyone else running into this gamebreaking "can't interact with (character spoiler)
Vernon Roche
" bug after the 1.07 patch on PS4? Thankfully got through the main story bit involving him earlier on, but can't do any of his side quests now; there's an exclamation point over his head, but no option to talk to him ever shows up, no matter how many times I reload.

EDIT: Figured out a workaround...starting "A Deadly Plot" resets his location and lets you talk to him again.

Need help. Finally getting into the game and making some progress. How do I get an upgraded Steel Sword? I am stuck on the lvl 1 sword I started with. I am at Lvl 7 now and enemies aren't taking much damage. I have been to numerous blacksmiths and I can't buy or craft one. Did I miss a quest or something?

Alpende

How come I still cant put any of my runes into any of my weapons or armor. Not sure if its a glitch or maybe im doing something completely wrong?!

You might know this but you have runes for either armor or weapons. Maybe you're trying to put an armor rune on a weapon? Also, do you actually have rune slots on your weapons/armor?

daviyoung

Banned
Need help. Finally getting into the game and making some progress. How do I get an upgraded Steel Sword? I am stuck on the lvl 1 sword I started with. I am at Lvl 7 now and enemies aren't taking much damage. I have been to numerous blacksmiths and I can't buy or craft one. Did I miss a quest or something?

What do you see in the crafting menu or shop menu of a blacksmith? Have you picked up any diagrams for swords?

Edit: you can loot them, and pick up better ones from fallen enemies too although they'll require repair

Posted?
Regarding some of the questions that appeared since yesterday, here are the answers.

Enemies will be stronger, obviously.

What carries over?
Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money and alchemy recipes.

When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.

You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.

What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+?
The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at level 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/45519-New-Game-is-coming-it-seems?p=1866418&viewfull=1

MaddenNFL64

So I just beat the game, and it sucks so damn much that achievements got borked by 1.07.

Such a great, but bug riddled mess of a game. Why I love, and at the same time detest giant games like these. So many damn bugs in em.

PC BTW

Mutombo

Hey guys, I need help against one of those Wild Hunt fellows:
Imerith.

I do fine against him until he starts his second fase. Then, and I partly blame the camera for this, I keep getting pummeled.

Doesn't help that I wear Bear gear and waiting for my stamina to fill up for takes ages.

So, tips?

Exentryk

Imerith.

I do fine against him until he starts his second fase. Then, and I partly blame the camera for this, I keep getting pummeled.

Doesn't help that I wear Bear gear and waiting for my stamina to fill up for takes ages.

So, tips?

I used Archgriffin Decoction for damage (does 10% damage per heavy strike, but consumes all stamina), and rolling rather than short dodges. Here is the video and you maybe able to get some ideas - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhtSnbTgD6M

Hoodbury

Still very early in the game, level 7. Just had romantic love making with
Kiera the witch
. That won't affect any later on love making with other people will it?

Terra_Ex

Imerith.

So, tips?
First time I fought him, I stuck to him like glue the moment he was about to enter his second phase. Do that (requires you constantly rain light attacks on him while doing quick dodges around him) and you can kill him without ever seeing the 2nd phase. The next time I fought him while going for another ending was much easier, the alternate Quen sign might help absorbing the damage from phase 2 if you have it.

Coreda

This was a cool little detail! This is just after the quest Broken Flowers:

Turns out the orphans you save from being eaten by the crones don't just disappear. They end up at Marabella's school in Novigrad. I noticed some kids there late at night and their names looked familiar. So I looked around inside and found a note about the orphans mysteriously showing up at the school late one night. They don't seem to remember you though.

How sweet :) I did wonder what happened.

Speaking of little details, got around to the Cat and Wolf DLC quest and liked how
the Witcher comments about the school of armor you're wearing before initiating dialog. Was wearing Feline at the time and he wondered if I was some half-breed

Weird. Just about done with my second run through the game, and I still haven't gotten the diagrams for Superior Northern Wind, Superior Spectre, Draconid, Vampire, and Cursed Oils.

Not that I need them at this point, but I was trying to get everything this time around.

It's funny you mention this, discovered the Superior Northern Wind manuscript in chest off a coast in Skellige while exploring points of interest au naturel.

superiornorthernwindd1esly.jpg
superiornorthernwinddgbs0g.jpg

Lexxism

Sorry, not understanding. Are you saying yes, now I can only plough Triss and Yennifer, or are you saying yes, now you can't plough Triss and Yennifer?

I would like to plough everyone I can if possible.
Sorry, I wasn't being clear. Yes, you can still plough both Triss and Yennefer or anyone in particular. This will only affect your ending with them.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear. Yes, you can still plough both Triss and Yennefer or anyone in particular. This will only affect your ending with them.

No, again, it won't. There are no consequences to ploughing other characters, so long as you don't plough both Yen and Triss.

Just making it clear for the guy, as all your posts are a tad misleading.

MaddenNFL64

How sweet :) I did wonder what happened.

Speaking of little details, got around to the Cat and Wolf DLC quest and liked how
the Witcher comments about the school of armor you're wearing before initiating dialog. Was wearing Feline at the time and he wondered if I was some half-breed

It's funny you mention this, discovered the Superior Northern Wind manuscript in chest off a coast in Skellige while exploring points of interest au naturel.

Cool, never checked there, no superior northern wind either.

Also never got superior insectoid oil, which was supposed to pop up in the novigrad sewers, but no go there.

Everything else is done, except Doppler concoction, because Geralt aint a Doppler murderer :(.

Coreda

While on the subject of locations, anyone know how to get inside this building in Novigrad? Took these screens earlier. Witcher senses indicates monsters but the doors require a key. Doesn't look like the stables that I helped
Ciri raid
, but I could be wrong.

Also the no music bug is annoying. Experienced it for the second time since 1.07. Hopefully it resets like it did previously.

While on the subject of locations, anyone know how to get inside this building in Novigrad? Took these screens earlier. Witcher senses indicates monsters but the doors require a key. Doesn't look like the stables that I helped
Ciri raid
, but I could be wrong.

Also the no music bug is annoying. Experienced it for the second time since 1.07. Hopefully it resets like it did previously.

Is that not from an early
Triss quest involving rats and then an ambush?

What do you see in the crafting menu or shop menu of a blacksmith? Have you picked up any diagrams for swords?

Edit: you can loot them, and pick up better ones from fallen enemies too although they'll require repair

The only diagram I have for crafting is a lvl 12 Silver Sword.

No idea where to look for something lower.

There are no consequences to ploughing other characters, so long as you don't plough both Yen and Triss.
Actually you can
plough both Yen and Triss too, with no negative consequences, if you're clever about it (in terms of timing and quests), so long as you don't tell them both that you love them. If you take that approach you'll end up with Triss in the ending.

Sai

Ciri raid
, but I could be wrong.

That's part of the quest that follows Carabet, its part of the investigation. Those are
dogs
on the other side.

GeeTeeCee

Ciri raid
, but I could be wrong.

I think that's a location you visit during the
serial killer
questline. The guard dogs are the source of the noise.

EDIT: whoops, too slow, so I may as well post my own question: I've just started the
Final Preparations
quest. Surely I can't be far from the end now? (Though I might not finish yet as the reports of bugged trophies have me nervous).

Top Bottom